dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Do you love mob movies and books.

If so you should read "I heard you paint houses." The true story of Frank Sheeran a mob hit man credited with killing over 25 people and also claimed to have killed Jimmy Hoffa. Most people involved with this story believe he did. He was very credible and made this confession on his death bed to the FBI. Very interesting and very short, it is a two or three read.

AMC just ran G Father and G Father 2, really great movies although fiction. But much of it based on the truth.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

mob week on A&E it was great. love the mob movies thxs dante1 I will try that book

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dise-pa View Post
    mob week on A&E it was great. love the mob movies thxs dante1 I will try that book

Sure thing.

I guarantee you will love it. It is a little disturbing but at the same time it is so interesting.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Interesting, thanks! I just did a search and it looks like Scorsese and DeNiro might be involved.

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/den...int-houses.php

http://www.slashfilm.com/scorsese-to...-paint-houses/

Cheers

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Interesting, thanks! I just did a search and it looks like Scorsese and DeNiro might be involved.

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/den...int-houses.php

http://www.slashfilm.com/scorsese-to...-paint-houses/

Cheers

When you read the book you might actually start feeling some pathos for Frank S the main character and mob killer. He actually seems like a nice guy, funny term for a guy that would kill you on the orders of a boss. You will also hear about the silent don R Buffalino a NE pa mafia boss who supposedly was just as feared and just as powerful as any NY or Philadelphia boss. In fact, the book hints that they sometimes took orders from Buffalino (spelling not sure)

He supposedly gave the final okay to kill Hoffa because he was attempting to win the union election and they didn't want him in power for fear he would disturb their lucrative borrowing from the international.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thx dante, i love a good mob story. Fixing to go under the knife and will be layed up for a few months recovering. Got any other suggestioms?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Love mob movies, read up on the Lufthansa heist and James Burke, good stuff, many involved some you wouldnt have thought, Burke was a cold hearted killer believed to have killed or been involved in about 13 killings a year during a period. Burke was portrayed by DeNiro in Goodfellas. Also the Iceman, Richard Kuklinski, Kuklinski was abused as a child and went on to become a mafia hitman, he killed relentlessly, enjoyed the hunt and killed people in many different ways.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its mob week on AMC ....watching Scarface right now

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Thx dante, i love a good mob story. Fixing to go under the knife and will be layed up for a few months recovering. Got any other suggestioms?
    Sure thing, good luck with the operation.

"Wise guys" is a really good book too, it is the story of Henry Hill and his life in the family. I could give you other books I read recently but they are not crime books.
    Are you interested in old TV and Movies? If so "lou's on first" the story of Abbott and Costello and their private lifes. Like military books, "with the old breed" is the story of the fighting in Okinawa and Peleliu the author E B Sledge died recently and was in one of the recent war shows on tv.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Love mob movies, read up on the Lufthansa heist and James Burke, good stuff, many involved some you wouldnt have thought, Burke was a cold hearted killer believed to have killed or been involved in about 13 killings a year during a period. Burke was portrayed by DeNiro in Goodfellas. Also the Iceman, Richard Kuklinski, Kuklinski was abused as a child and went on to become a mafia hitman, he killed relentlessly, enjoyed the hunt and killed people in many different ways.

Yeah, Burke was an animal, but a fascinating figure. I also read about Kuklinski and how he killed too. He was a scary guy too. I think he died recently in prison. These guys are family men when not killing it seems so strange.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thx buddy, going to the book store today to get a few. maybe ill add to the list over the next couple of months.

thx for the well wishes.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Forgot to add Henry Hill would end up putting Burke in prison by becoming a government informant. Burke owned a lounge and would kill and bury the bodies outside in the back of the lounge, also read on the Scarfo mob in Philly. Of course the five families in New York.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Forgot to add Henry Hill would end up putting Burke in prison by becoming a government informant. Burke owned a lounge and would kill and bury the bodies outside in the back of the lounge, also read on the Scarfo mob in Philly. Of course the five families in New York.

Scarfo, lol. That is the guy that started killing people like crazy. He ordered so many hits it was getting ridiculous. His men screwed up a ton of hits and the paper started calling them -- the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Or something like that.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Thanks for info on a good mob book. I will check it out for sure.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Scarfo, lol. That is the guy that started killing people like crazy. He ordered so many hits it was getting ridiculous. His men screwed up a ton of hits and the paper started calling them -- the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Or something like that.
    Yea thats them, about the smartest guy out of that bunch was Nick Caramandi, he thought his life was in danger so he turned state's witness, in witness protection now. When Scarfo wanted to know how someone truly felt about anything, usually another person, he'd sit down and talk to them over liquor because it brought out true emotions, Nick knew this and would never fall for it, but many others did and it cost them.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Yea thats them, about the smartest guy out of that bunch was Nick Caramandi, he thought his life was in danger so he turned state's witness, in witness protection now. When Scarfo wanted to know how someone truly felt about anything, usually another person, he'd sit down and talk to them over liquor because it brought out true emotions, Nick knew this and would never fall for it, but many others did and it cost them.

Bernard are you located near the Philly area? I am betting you are and maybe even Italian.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Godfather and Godfather Part II are my two favorite movies of all time.

The Godfather Part III makes me want to stab babies.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post

Yeah it was pretty bad.

I wonder if this comment got this moved to Saloon. lol

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Heard that.

Pacino plays Michael Corleone almost like it's a totally different charachter in III.

Robert Duvall was offered 6 times less than Pacino to come back and play Hagen, he told 'em to get fuked.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Bernard are you located near the Philly area? I am betting you are and maybe even Italian.
    Nah bro just been interested in them since a boy when my dad used to tell me stories about them. Born in Miami dad used to tell me all the cocaine stories of that day that if someone got murdered it wouldn't be on the news, he used to tell me it would have to be at least a triple murder to make the news since murders were so commonplace.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Might want to read up on the DeMeo crew from Brooklyn. Liked to dismember their victims. When Paul Castellano put out a hit on DeMeo, nobody wanted to take the job.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9446

Making Jack Falcone is another good book.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

AMC didn't even play the III during mob week wise move by them

simona
    simona's Avatar Become A Pro!

i enjoy reading very much.