Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

warranty scam-lowes

I bought a troybuilt weedeater last aug 30th bought the warranty that was supposed to be a one year no questions asked full replacement.

guess what they didnt honor it instead sent it in for repairs we will se how that goes still a very poor business practice I wont be doing any more business there.

scott

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Next time try actually reading the warranty....

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Warranty normally = biggest sucket bet around. Companies often rake 90 to 95% profit margin on these. Guys forget they even paid for the warranty, and it goes by the board.

jeffksu
    jeffksu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8728

Sorry, to hear the news about Lowe's...they are usually jonny on the spot with these type of matters...as they know you are going to tell all your friends and all that post at SBR what type of service you recieved...Good Luck

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie-Capper View Post
    I bought a troybuilt weedeater last aug 30th bought the warranty that was supposed to be a one year no questions asked full replacement.

guess what they didnt honor it instead sent it in for repairs we will se how that goes still a very poor business practice I wont be doing any more business there.

scott
    I think every one of those "big box" type hardware stores pull the same shit. Most of the warranty stuff, esp the extended ones you pay for, are from outside vendors. The store is happy to make you aware of the product and will take your money for it, but will not support the agreement when you need it but will expect you to contact the third party to find the needed remedy.

Had a similar situation with Menards after trying to return commercial power equipment. I had a complete attack in front of the store after the sent me person after person. They finally gave me full credit for the unit but basically flipped me off as they walked away. lol

LiarGame
    LiarGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4153

Too many scams out these days. Really sucks you can't trust anyone.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

I actually talked to a second and third party that they sent me to all I got was a very hollow apology .
    I dont give a rats ass about your apology do what you said you would do when I bought the thing.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

last time i purchased a warranty was for nintendo gameboy..... waste of $9. never bought any extended warranty since.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Buying a warranty is like buying a half point off a 5 point spread in football...

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Buying a warranty is like buying a half point off a 5 point spread in football...
    great analogy. i think.

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good idea to buy warranty for any electronics that have moving parts

Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

If a product is going to go bad it will happen within the manufacturer's warranty period. Being a former Best Buy employee I know they try to push the extended warranty knowing most of the time you don't need it.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Look at it this way. You didn't get all the details of the warranty before you bought it. The 18 y.o. dipsh!t behind the counter, couldn't replace a spark plug in a weedeater. In order for them to warranty or "full replacement" they have to send it back to "troybilt" company for warranty. This is because it is troybilts warranty, not lowe's warranty. When troybilt phones them to say "yes this thing blew up, its a p.o.s." then they should call you, give you one from their shelf, which would be replaced by troybilt.
    OR troybilt is going to "fully replace" what went bad with it, and send it back to you.

All that being said, you should have bought a Husky.