Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Sweet baby rays has become very popular lately... But I gotta admit it's damn good too!

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Damn 34 replies and not a single mention of Gates BBQ sauce? You guys are missing out thats all I'm gonna say.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

is gates thick or thin? i like my sauce a little on the thin side.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

sweet baby rays is boss.... all the flavors by them... the sauce they use at Flanigans in Florida.. if u are from florida u know what i am talking about...

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

bump

doin some cookin the next few days, anyone got any fresh ideas? im tryin to avoid the real common name brand stuff like kraft, sweet baby rays, jack daniels etc

ive tried emerils bam-b-q sauce not long ago which is good b/c theres no corn syrup in it but it had a little too much of an onion/celery/garlic taste that was kind of weird. right now im using sticky fingers carolina sweet sauce but its a little thin and im getting bored with it. even bought some of former saint joe horns bbq sauce but after a few weeks in the fridge it lost all its thickness for some reason.

anybody got any suggestions? maybe stuff they would sell in the south since i live in louisiana? if its something i can order im not opposed to that either. also if anyone ever had open pit i actually like that stuff so itd be nice to find something similar to that.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Just make your own, always better than any store bought product.

Steve Raichlen:

Makes about 2-1/2 cups

2 cups ketchup
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 tablespoons molasses
    2 tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
    1 tablespoon of your favorite barbecue rub
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan and bring slowly to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and gently simmer the sauce until dark, thick, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the sauce to clean (or even sterile) jars and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months.

First 12