Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Geek Question about new HDTV...Need Help!

I bought a Samsung 51' HDTV a few days ago, when I push the Closed Captioning button it says Unavailable. I have to turn on CC thru the digital cable box....

So I buy a blu-ray player tonight, hook it up and pop in Breaking Bad season 3, and like other tv shows like Dexter there is no english subtitles, you're suppose to use your tv's CC. But the cable box's closed captioning doesn't come thru on the Blu_ray player....

My girlfriend wears hearing aids and has to have CC....I did a search and got nothing but 15 different fuked up explanations, I'm a tech idiot...

I unplugged the cable box from the tv, it still says CC unavailable. WTF do I do??? How are we suppose to watch Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy etc.???

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This is strange because the Bluray specs of Breaking Bad season 3 shows that it has CC? Is the Bluray player connected using an HDMI cable?

Oh never mind, Amazon says the Bluray version doesn't have CC.

Wait.....Netflix is showing that this is subtitled in English. Are you sure it doesn't give you the option in the main menu?