nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

looking to buy Suv/need good price

Any feedback, Was looking at Jeep Liberty...then i see consumer reports rates them as awful..looking to get a new one low 20's

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Go with the 2011 Compass.

readysetgo2011
    readysetgo2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 95

New or used Liberty is unique in its own way. Good luck on finding the bestest deal.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

liberty is a bitchs car, get a grand cherokee pal

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

... we went though all this recently for my wife ... had it narrowed down in the end to Honda CRV (cheapest one we found but did not feel as roomy as the Santa Fe) , Hyundai Santa Fe (the one we ended up with - comes with everything and 5 yr 60k bumper to bumper - we only drive 12k per year so would be fully covered for a full 5 years) and Nissan Xterra (most fun to drive - gas mileage terrible) .. we also drove Equinox (nice car .. lots of whistles and bells), the Dodge Journey (I loved this one .. my wife would not entertain a dodge) and the Mazda CX-7 (not as zoom-zoom-zoom as I expected) we also drove the Ford Escape (bit boxy and did not feel as solid as others) - we did not drive Jeeps, Suzukis or Mitsubishis or Mercury's ... (got test-drive fatigue) and we had previously tried the kia's (sportage and sorento's) and was left underwhelmed. .. we also did not drive the Toyota's as the sales guys made no effort whatsoever when we pulled up to look at them one cold-wet evening ... (isn't me working on commission guy)

Only way to do it is to go drive them all ... drive them all two or three times if you have to ... I was surprised how easy it was rule out 75% of them fairly quickly to narrow it down to just 3 or 4 ... when you have narrowed down to a couple you like .. go shopping for price towards the end of the month - preferably on a cold - wet evening .. when the likelihood of them selling many cars that day is lower (I love the smell of desperation in a salesman) .. and make sure you have at least three dealerships competing for your business on the same make/model of car (let them know that they are competing too)
    Last edited by jw; 06-06-11 at 03:23 AM.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

My mom got a jeep liberty as part of her retirement package when she retired from the Chrysler plant. i love it, i love the way it drives and handles. My mom hates it though, and is always complaining about something about it.

I would go with the Honda Element. My friend has one, and loves it and let me drive it a few times. It sort of on the smaller side.

I would also recommend the Dodge Durrango too. They make quality products and the totally redesigned one looks great and has alot of nifty features.

nyplayer33

Does the consumer reports reviews count..for some reason the Jeeps are getting awful reviews....

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

get a used one. with gas prices so high people are unloading SUVs like crazy

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Girlfriend has a 2010 Wrangler Sahara 4 Door.

Sister in Law had a Liberty it was really cute.

jamoc023
    jamoc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

LIBERTY CaMPUS is what you want for comfort

dxunchuk
    dxunchuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

if you are searching lower then 20-s then Honda CRV is the best one

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

both my parents had dodge/jeeps (liberty, compass and magnum) and they were nothing but problems and they were gas pigs... they moved on to fords (escape and edge) and they have never been happier with there vehicles.

chilegambler
    chilegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I suggest a toyota harrier or chevrolet captiva or bmw x5

nyplayer33

price point is a concern