EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

who here on sbr does not work by choice?

Im 24 years old. Quit my job 3 months ago and told my boss thanks for the opportunity but im never working for someone or a company again in my life as of today.

Not sure if its the weed I've been smoking but i don't regret it one bit.. wont lie, I've caught my fair share of luck and have won some pretty big plays over 1k each and have had a good run on the 2-5 nl tables.. I currently have a future bet on the heat @+350 for 1.2k to win 4.2k. If it hits I will open my own crossfit and actually have something to fall back on.

Untill then, I stay playing poker and fishing for a 20 pound + snook in flamingo.

It feels good to be 24 and not have kids. I know this ride isn't ganna last forever.. but im ganna rock it till the wheels fall off.

Hope all of you at sbr have enjoyed your memorial weekend!
    Live life.
    Last edited by EBDOGGN; 05-29-11 at 04:53 PM.

paintball1084
    paintball1084's Avatar Become A Pro!

i work 60+ hours a week and like the money flow.

constrictor
    constrictor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1473

nice enviable story

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by paintball1084 View Post
    Brother, if you work 60+ hours a week I hope to god you love what you do and its not because of the money flow.
    The best things in life money cannot buy.

2nd, if you work 60+ hours a week I hope to god its for yourself and your writing your own checks. Cause if your not the only thing your doing is helping your boss work less hours while you think your getting the better end of th deal.. now if your working for yourself. More power to you! But then you wouldn't call it work.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

Good luck man, let the good times roll.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

I work 48 hours per week, and dont complain. They give me flexible schedules so I can go to college and the pay is good.

Cant Complain

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    Brother, if you work 60+ hours a week I hope to god you love what you do and its not because of the money flow.

2nd, if you work 60+ hours a week I hope to god its for yourself and your writing your own checks. Cause if your not the only thing your doing is helping your boss work less hours while you think your getting the better end of th deal.. now if your working for yourself. More power to you! But then you wouldn't call it work.
    But being sound financially sure makes it possible to be able to do some of the best things in life

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

I haven't had an office job in over 5 years... hope to never go back

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by paintball1084 View Post
    sounds like me here... but hey just so you realize it isn't going to last forever, go ahead and milk it, you'll win the heat bet

hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I work atleast 60 hours a week and it can get into the high 90's..I love what I do and they money is a + married with no kids tho so that helps

add in that im 24
    Last edited by hockeyman30304; 05-29-11 at 09:44 PM. Reason: wanted to add age

Phats1313
    Phats1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5059

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman30304 View Post
    I work atleast 60 hours a week and it can get into the high 90's..I love what I do and they money is a + married with no kids tho so that helps

add in that im 24

Damn, what do you do?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Im 24 years old. Quit my job 3 months ago and told my boss thanks for the opportunity but im never working for someone or a company again in my life as of today.

Not sure if its the weed I've been smoking but i don't regret it one bit.. wont lie, I've caught my fair share of luck and have won some pretty big plays over 1k each and have had a good run on the 2-5 nl tables.. I currently have a future bet on the heat @+350 for 1.2k to win 4.2k. If it hits I will open my own crossfit and actually have something to fall back on.

Untill then, I stay playing poker and fishing for a 20 pound + snook in flamingo.

It feels good to be 24 and not have kids. I know this ride isn't ganna last forever.. but im ganna rock it till the wheels fall off.

Live life.
    You made the right decision... I worked very hard to not have to work for someone .... I love being my own boss but I still work very hard.....

EBDOGGN

add in that im 24
    Living the real american dream

geist
    geist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's called the real world. Not everyone gets your sweet deal, besides he's happy. Leave it be.

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4069

Do what you love and love what you do. It's your life. You don't owe any one but the people that helped you and depend on you.

dizzy_7
    dizzy_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i work 40 hours a week... dont mind the flexibility.. cant complain really.. others have it worse off

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Im a full time college kid and I work 40 hours a week and I live on my own I work my fking tail off to afford a decent shit life

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Im a full time college kid and I work 40 hours a week and I live on my own I work my fking tail off to afford a decent shit life

It sounds like you're doing the right things to get a great life.
    I wish you the best.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't work by laziness.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Sure whatever makes you happer in life

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I owned my own irrigation business and actually sold it to go full time with what we are all here for.

Yich123
    Yich123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

the only people who should not work by choice are people who physically cant! i couldnt imagine what people do with so much spare time and not only that, dealing with the boredom of having nothing to do! video games are great but they cant entertain someone 24/7... GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND MAKE SOME MONEHS PEOPLES!

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by Yich123 View Post
    the only people who should not work by choice are people who physically cant! i couldnt imagine what people do with so much spare time and not only that, dealing with the boredom of having nothing to do! video games are great but they cant entertain someone 24/7... GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND MAKE SOME MONEHS PEOPLES!
    Lol. You can't imagine what ppl do with their spare time??

Ask the guy that pays you every week or every other week. Im sure he can tell you.!

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Its nice to think you can live without working for someone, but gambling probably isn't going to sustain. If you have a business and work for yourself that is different, but to say "I don't work" is kind of ignorant. Even if you are a professional gambler, you are probably working pretty hard. I know I played online poker for a living for about 10 months and it was a daily grind. Also, where do you live? On your own or with friends or parents?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Lol. You can't imagine what ppl do with their spare time??

Ask the guy that pays you every week or every other week. Im sure he can tell you.!

Apparently you don't realize what goes into owning a business (multi-billion corps excluded) and not to mention that the ones who do have plenty of spare time as owners....have put in the hours to make that happen

And it's great that you have free time at 24 but just for advice sake...might wanna think about using it to put more money back so that you will have it to live freely later on...say 31-34 yrs old. And the CrossFit idea is great as long as you can keep those same clients for awhile before the other trends take them away (Tough Mudder, Spartan Race,Warrior Dash and those types of training etc). I've been involved in CrossFit since 2007 and it's slowly beginning to fade with those other than the hardcore followers.

Good luck

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

i was like that, then i had a family. your going to need a normal job.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

OP, do you have a college degree? I was in a similar situation where I was self sufficient with poker from 17-23 (50K+ a yr) but then it just gets old and combined with losing my drive to be successful and the increased difficulty of poker. I tried going to back to college and paid my first taxes at 24, thought I was living the dream but with age and perspective you realize that after is all said and done you really don't have anything to show for. I don't think I ever really grew up because I was not goal oriented in the long term and was not equipped to deal with the demands of the real world. Then I got the opportunity to make significant money and doing a job most people would kill for without ever really having to "work" for it by traditional standards. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about being able to return to finish school and start the "real world" and I'm very blessed to have that chance eventually. Spartan, what year did you graduate? I grew up around EL and MSU is where I started as well.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Live life.
    Thats a good attitude man. Enjoy your life. After spending my early 20's busting my ass to get ahead, I realized that it could all be for nothing if I get hit by a bus tomorrow. So now I still bust my ass, but in moderation. Most of my non-working hours are spent lounging on the beach with either my girlfriend or a fishing pole.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

everyone real has to work

hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Phats1313 View Post
    Damn, what do you do?
    Im a paramedic/firefighter and its a great job. I get to make a difference and every day its something different and keeps you on your feet. Sure it has its down points like any job but I get to sleep on the job and save lives. Its no desk job and it doesnt get boring been doing it for 4 years.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by spartangreen View Post
    i was like that, then i had a family. your going to need a normal job.
    That's why you don't have a family unless the chick is so loaded you won't ever have to work. My old boss told me only ever marry for money because you will end up hating one another anyway. Although I hated the job and am allergic to work he was a cool guy and made me start thinking about the +EV angle in everything I do.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

live it up while you can. I smuggled pot from canada all over the country when I was in my early 20's but then I found a girl I wanted to marry and have kids with so I got a real job and it sucks working for someone else.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhino View Post
    but then I found a girl I wanted to marry and have kids
    This always seems to be the problem.

Although I'm guessing a lot of you would say it's worth it I say nay nay.

I'm not so egotistical that I feel the need to create a legacy at the expense of my current life.

constrictor
    constrictor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1473

betting is a fantastic career dont listen to fools who gabble about family, girls

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Im a paramedic/firefighter and its a great job. I get to make a difference and every day its something different and keeps you on your feet. Sure it has its down points like any job but I get to sleep on the job and save lives. Its no desk job and it doesnt get boring been doing it for 4 years.
    See, that's awesome. You've already got it all figured out. No matter how shitty of a day you're having, that feeling that you get from helping other people will always take precedence. And if you believe in it, your karma cup is overflowing like crazy.

12 Last