itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Best city to move to....

Alright boys need some pros/cons from everyone on the best place to move to within 2 years. Leaning heavily between the final 3 that have been discussed with the wife so thought I'd throw out some feelers in here and get some input from those who might have lived around some good places to post up long term.

1. Tampa/Orlando

2. Denver

3. Dallas

Considerations that play into the decision: must have access to variety of sports, place to stay involved in a variety of stress release like hiking/camping/water, and last but really important - good place to raise kids, have a little girl now and will be trying for #2 around the time we are moving.

Fire away!

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barry Farms SE DC

Saratoga NE DC

Navy Yard SW DC

Anacostia SE DC

Rhode Island NW DC

Thats all you need right there.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

not dallas

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Alright boys need some pros/cons from everyone on the best place to move to within 2 years. Leaning heavily between the final 3 that have been discussed with the wife so thought I'd throw out some feelers in here and get some input from those who might have lived around some good places to post up long term.

1. Tampa/Orlando

2. Denver

3. Dallas

Considerations that play into the decision: must have access to variety of sports, place to stay involved in a variety of stress release like hiking/camping/water, and last but really important - good place to raise kids, have a little girl now and will be trying for #2 around the time we are moving.

Fire away!
    With the above three choices and considerations in mind.............

Denver

Check out Highlands Ranch (great for families)
    http://www.highlandsranch.org/

Good luck!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Seattle. Northwest is cozy, great place to raise your kids, you do have your sports....and so many options for outdoorsy stuff. You also have one of the best cities in the World two hours away...with the mountains in Whistler or the friggin ocean right by you.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

chicago

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

seattle too costly
    florida poor
    dallas ok
    denver urban
    saratoga ok but jobs??

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Toronto Canada.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Seattle. Northwest is cozy, great place to raise your kids, you do have your sports....and so many options for outdoorsy stuff. You also have one of the best cities in the World two hours away...with the mountains in Whistler or the friggin ocean right by you.

I was at Ft Lewis for awhile....I liked it out there but the wife hated it.....it was on my original wish list

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I would go to San Francisco, one of the best cities in the world.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Detroit Metropolitan

5 great lakes.

Mackinak island not too far for ur outdoor needs

Oakland county considered top 3 counties in all of USA.(education and wealth wise)

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

William Waters....thanks for that link. Definitely going to look into that area....looks like it has all the stuff we're looking for...out of the city but an easy drive (been to Denver a few times and the area is pretty spread out)....family environment...and would look forward to the weather. Did a quick search on housing prices...within our price points....now just have to look into the schools.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I would go to San Francisco, one of the best cities in the world.

Agreed I like Cali but on the unfortunate practical side I'm dealing with - 1) have a psychotic ex there and 2) a little out of our price range.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Hancock/miracle mile, Los Angeles..... Great homes, schools, a lot of Jews.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Detroit Metropolitan

5 great lakes.

Mackinak island not too far for ur outdoor needs

Oakland county considered top 3 counties in all of USA.(education and wealth wise)

Pac, maybe I should have said 'must have access to WINNING SPORTS teams' in the opening

Just just kiddin' bro....didn't even think about Detroit but will add it on the list to look into now. Only time I've been to Michigan was to a place called Schoolcreft....can't remember how close to Detroit that was though.

William Walters

William Waters....thanks for that link. Definitely going to look into that area....looks like it has all the stuff we're looking for...out of the city but an easy drive (been to Denver a few times and the area is pretty spread out)....family environment...and would look forward to the weather. Did a quick search on housing prices...within our price points....now just have to look into the schools.
    I have family that live in Highlands Ranch. They have three children between 2-6 and absolutely love it. Great sports town as well. I was just there a few months ago.........bars/restaurants everywhere between the Pepsi Center & Coors Field.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Pac, maybe I should have said 'must have access to WINNING SPORTS teams' in the opening

Just just kiddin' bro....didn't even think about Detroit but will add it on the list to look into now. Only time I've been to Michigan was to a place called Schoolcreft....can't remember how close to Detroit that was though.
    Lol. We are hockeytown

But when people hear Michigan, they automatically put that with Detroit. The suburbs here are A-1 in all categories. If u have time, google cities like Birmingham, michigan or Gross pointe, Bloomfield Hills.

Hope it works out itchy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LOL

Paco puts all the places where the ghettos are

William Walters

Detroit????? Your wife will divorce you inside 90 days.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    seattle too costly
    florida poor
    dallas ok
    denver urban
    saratoga ok but jobs??

Florida depends on the area as far as money and right now could get a great deal on the houses

I just hate the fukkin humidity and heat though.....lived in florida 3 times (pensacola, Tampa, Jax) and enjoyed the people and stuff to do...but holy shit we we were at Busch Gardens in December one year and it was 93 degrees....I'm getting too old for that

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Out of the 3 places I would go with Denver, Colorado.

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Mayberry, NC. quiet town, mtns, foothills. Piedmont, and coast all in one state. Safe for kids and cost of living is cheap. Can't beat Andy griffith town.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have two homes right now. one in west palm beach florida and one in littelton,colorado. Honestly if you are looking for all the above its easily denver. Its very reasonable to live here as long as you dont live in denver. Denvers crime is really not that bad for a big city. Tons of outdoor activies. All you see everywhere is bicycle trails and hiking trails. It easily has to be one of the healthiest cities in the country. Sking in winter and hiking and camping and white water in summer. Winters are not as cold as people think. We have 300 days a year of sunshine and its not the same as the northeast. We could get 14 inches of snow and next day be 70 degrees and it melts. Its also not the west snow but the fun powder stuff. People are super friendly. Not sure of your race but it is primerly white. Now my other home is s florida is the total opposite. Prices going down. Place i lived now was 244,000 5 years ago and now is valued at 88,000. which means a lot of the condos were i live here are renting and we have a shit load of trash now. Crime has tripled lately. In littleton i live my doors on my car and here i have had my car broken into 3 times in 6 months and i live in a gated community. I love the winters here but i think its time to go back out there permantly. if you need any info on denver let me know.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Hancock/miracle mile, Los Angeles..... Great homes, schools, a lot of Jews.

If I could afford a big enough house in L.A. and still have money left over (before Cali taxes) we'd be all over it...but like I said, gotta plan around the family now. Pickle's play days are slowly eroding away, end of an era

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

also i forgot to mention people in denver are crazy for sports. The rockies could be playing a shit team like san diego and they still draw 28000 people. The broncos could suck and they still go. We have tons of sport radios and they just dont talk about the heat and bulls all day like the major network.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Jacksonville, Orlando or Tampa in Florida...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i have two homes right now. one in west palm beach florida and one in littelton,colorado. Honestly if you are looking for all the above its easily denver. Its very reasonable to live here as long as you dont live in denver. Denvers crime is really not that bad for a big city. Tons of outdoor activies. All you see everywhere is bicycle trails and hiking trails. It easily has to be one of the healthiest cities in the country. Sking in winter and hiking and camping and white water in summer. Winters are not as cold as people think. We have 300 days a year of sunshine and its not the same as the northeast. We could get 14 inches of snow and next day be 70 degrees and it melts. Its also not the west snow but the fun powder stuff. People are super friendly. Not sure of your race but it is primerly white. Now my other home is s florida is the total opposite. Prices going down. Place i lived now was 244,000 5 years ago and now is valued at 88,000. which means a lot of the condos were i live here are renting and we have a shit load of trash now. Crime has tripled lately. In littleton i live my doors on my car and here i have had my car broken into 3 times in 6 months and i live in a gated community. I love the winters here but i think its time to go back out there permantly. if you need any info on denver let me know.
    Solid info, thanks! We've always enjoyed Colorado every time we've visited...I tried so hard to get a command at Ft Carson but was near impossible...more like a lottery. Went to Pikes Peak with some buddies twice and didn't wanna leave....and honestly I guess I can say the last stay in Denver area on our way back from Tahoe in Feb was where we started talking about the whole big move to begin with. I just keep clinging to the Tampa area since I'm familiar with it....have some close friends there long term and well...I'm a die hard Bucs fan so it all keeps tugging at me more than it rationally should. Dallas is in the picture from my wife's side of the family being from there and Houston. If you can give me anymore leads around Denver that are quality areas with houses between $250k - $450k would be much appreciated.

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Las Vegas...sportsbettors dream city

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by HustleGetPaid View Post
    Jacksonville, Orlando or Tampa in Florida...
    Jax - been there done that (Orange Park) - never again

Orlando - only drawback is I've always hated that traffic situation there

Tampa - Only complaint is the heat and deciding on what area to buy....Dunedin, Pasco, Seffner, Tampa Gardens, St Pete......I've lived there before and it's a toss up for the best location long term. If you know about those areas now....let me know which way you'd go.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by maxvalue1 View Post
    Las Vegas...sportsbettors dream city

No doubt there....but Vegas is only a weekend getaway option for me now.....If I was just married with no kids....might, maybe think about it, but no way in hell I'm raising my little girl there .

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

just come down to macon

who needs sports, just save ur money and contribute to the local dealers
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    not dallas
    Why not the Big D?

And any chance you'll swing by the house here in your area and help me load boxes on the moving truck if you're still around then? I'll give you.....10 betpoints

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    just come down to macon

who needs sports, just save ur money and contribute to the local dealers

Are you in Macon Ga?? Hell no, too many Bulldog and Auburn fans for me....that's another reason we're leaving here now too!

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Chico,Ca.

College town, nice mix of liberal/conservatives, lots of killer outdoor activities, San Fran is pretty close by. Hot in the summer but low humidity. Cheap as shit by Ca. standards.

1234 Last