Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Anyone have U-verse?

At&t is offering me the world to sign up. How is it? Have directv now and tired of them not having some channels in HD.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I have regular AT&T DSL. Beware!!!!!!!!!!! May 2nd AT&T started caps on the internet. I get 150gb a month. U-Verse users get 250gb per month. If you go over your limit 3 times they will charge you $10 per 50gb you go over. It depends on how much bandwidth you use as to whether this is a problem. I'm fukkin pissed as are most of their users.

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Dtv has monopoly on the nfl so hard to ditch them

Boscoe

been reading the picture quality is much worse than dtv.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Internet thru u verse is very good so far.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I have U-Verse Internet and Cable. I have the 24 mbps internet and have never had a problem with it. I have always had 20+ mbps download and around 3 upload when I have tested it. I have had it for almost two years now and have never had any tech issues and it has never went out. The Cable on the other hand I don't like as well the picture quality for the HD is not as good as Charter Cable. And the price is a little to high, you can get the same features and channels through Direct or Dish for half the price. When I first got U-Verse my bill was $100 for the Max Internet and U-200 with HD and 3 boxes it climbed to $165 in two years. I had to call quite a few times crying about it before they reduced my bill.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

My gf had it about a year ago and i really liked it a lot. They are wanting customers really bad so you can haggle with them on their monthly price. She got a $300 **** card when she signed up too, No contract.

I never noticed the picture quality, or lack there of. I always thought the picture was damn good but that could just be me. As far as the internet being capped, thats some BS. That must be something new because i havent heard anything of it.

I would try it out personally. You dont have to sign a contract and you can get money back . ALso, when you call to cancel(or bluff to cancel) they will go above and beyond to keep you.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like a pretty good deal

GoIrish682
    GoIrish682's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are they offering a bundle with cell service too

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    my gf had it about a year ago and i really liked it a lot. They are wanting customers really bad so you can haggle with them on their monthly price. She got a $300 **** card when she signed up too, no contract. I never noticed the picture quality, or lack there of. I always thought the picture was damn good but that could just be me. As far as the internet being capped, thats some bs. That must be something new because i havent heard anything of it. I would try it out personally. You dont have to sign a contract and you can get money back . Also, when you call to cancel(or bluff to cancel) they will go above and beyond to keep you.
    Caps started May 2. Here's the link for more info: http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=Zq4E0pq1HUa

cashcab
    cashcab's Avatar Become A Pro!

explain

i never even heard of this and i have directv so explain more...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

At&t is buying phone companies left and right, pretty soon there wont be a choice anymore anyway.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

I had AT&T U-verse internet and TV service for a couple years until I moved.....I liked them better than Comcast. They were a bit less money than Comcast too.... U-Verse has a good amount of HD channels.

Well I have moved and AT&T U-verse service is not available in my area....Got Surewest for internet and TV. Surewest is a hell of a lot cheaper than both AT&T and Comcast. The downfall about Surewest is that there is not as many TV channels to choose from compared to U-verse.

Both U-verse and Surewest uses your phone line as a connection.

I'd give U-verse a try Boscoe.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    At&t is offering me the world to sign up. How is it? Have directv now and tired of them not having some channels in HD.
    I have had it for a few years and like it. I got a good deal when I first signed up. When your promotions end and prices are raised, just call up and threaten to cancel and they will add some new promotions to lower the cost back down.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, but a buddy of mine does and it's awesome

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Quote Originally Posted by cashcab View Post
    i never even heard of this and i have directv so explain more...
    1st you explain why you need so many sbr accounts. why do you post the same 1 line crap with other posting names like yesdear, grownboner, yelling, and clownface? is it only cause your a scammer?

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I use to sell U Verse for att and people loved it. You only need once main receiver for thw whole house. You could pause a football game walk into another room with a tv and play the game where you left off in the other room. Its Awesome.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am using this now to "sling" to me. Picture is good, price of the bundle is lower and the internet is faster. So far, so good. Plus, one of my tech/geek friends told me this was wave of the future. One pipeline into the house. I think I am too old to catch a wave, but I caught this one.

Boscoe

thanks for the input but i've been hearing too much about the lesser picture quality so that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

aldonasak
    aldonasak's Avatar Become A Pro!

What does it mean?

CisforCOOKIE
    CisforCOOKIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much is activation for tv and internet

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just don't understand the need for the service. Hulu is there for this crap right? If your really stuck some suggested Sling.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

-------At&t is offering me the world to sign up.

at&t sure are pushing their services strong lately

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

There tv service is contracted with Directv so basically the same. I'm planning on switching over as soon my current Time Warner month is done.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

at&t picture will freeze on your tv and you have to reset your boxes. its a pain in the ass, but i hate comcast.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    at&t picture will freeze on your tv and you have to reset your boxes. its a pain in the ass, but i hate comcast.

mine has never froze.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are lucky, we have had 4 service people out in 2 years and still have not corrected the problem. i would say every 6 mos it gets so bad i have to call.....

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

my experience with atnt..i signed up through them for my internet. was promised something at signup..come to find out, later on when i called about my bill, well we dont know who told you that but thats not correct. long story short, im committed now for a year or i end up paying early term fee. cant wait til the shit run out.