clarkacal
    clarkacal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if you win at this it won't make the rest of your life better. Your friends and family will still see you as a degenerate because gambling=bad to most people, whether you win or lose, especially as much as we do it. Ever since I've started gambling I've won, whether its counting cards, playing poker, etc. But mom and dad are still ashamed and girls worth a damn get spooked. Since you're losing just quit and get addicted to ummmm errrr travelling, video games, fishing, plenty of stuff out there.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already warned jesus about this.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-19-14 at 10:07 AM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    The most miserable part of all is thinking to yourself things like (Damn when I was up 5k I could have done this) or (I wish I would have done this differently)

Its all a psychological mindfuk of the worst kind.

Our time would be better spent doing other things.
    I can't disagree with any of this, unfortunately.

I know one thing: for me, winning is more of a relief than a joy. Once the action starts, the true grind begins and it isn't a lot of fun. I've always said the best part of my day is capping with a fresh set of lines, when everything is still pure and the potential of finding the right play isn't conflicted by thugs who smoked too much weed earlier in the day or some scrub relief pitcher who was asleep when the call was made to the bullpen.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

ur a sick person, get off this board we dont need ppl like u here

only the strong survive (and air and point bettors)

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    ur a sick person, get off this board we dont need ppl like u here

only the strong survive (and air and point bettors)
    Ive survived more in the last 14 years in my life than you will in your entire life

You're a piece of shit dude

onetrickpony

Ive survived more in the last 14 years in my life than you will in your entire life You're a piece of shit dude
    dont be mad at me cause u couldnt make it and ur on a forum looking for sympathy (points)

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

warriorfan707

Not looking for sympathy....

truth is I dont even know why I posted this

Maybe because Im a human being and its easier to communicate something like this in this manner

As far as me "not being able to make it" I havent worked a minute in several months dude....

If me not making it means I wasnt able to win forever, than sure I guess I "didnt make it"

onetrickpony

ok cool bro

bol on ur future endeavors

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I want you to strongly consider this:

Would you be depressed and posting this thread if you were a winner?

If you were winning, would you care about the people you hurt in your life?

Quit gambling, go to a meeting, and eventually beg those people to let you back into their lives.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

the problem is that you can't take a losing day (chasing), which is as natural as breathing

and you take too many large ML faves...gambling isnt the problem, its you

anyway I'm not here to piss on you, good luck in whatever you choose to do

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I want you to strongly consider this:

Would you be depressed and posting this thread if you were a winner?

If you were winning, would you care about the people you hurt in your life?

Quit gambling, go to a meeting, and eventually beg those people to let you back into their lives.
    1) Saying "If I was a winner" sounds extremely negative, lol. I dont think I am a loser. Ive won plenty..... but whatever.

2) Im not sure. I have to admit I probably wouldnt be too preoccupied with it.

3) I want to quit gambling and lead a different life from what Im doing. Once again I dont go to meetings (nor do I beg)

Your second question tells me you are an intelligent thoughtful person though and I thank you for the thought provoking post.

Extra Innings

meetings are not for me
    You mean "not gambling" is not for you

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    the problem is that you can't take a losing day (chasing), which is as natural as breathing
    I dont know you, but you nailed it POST OF THE MOTHERFUKKIN YEAR, TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN

I HONESTLY DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY TO FIX IT ANYMORE, IM FED THE FUK UP

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I actually make money gambling but not enough to make a living I do it through scalping and middling however the downside to this life is I have become a social outcast I have no other intrest its not a healthy life

Extra Innings

1) Saying "If I was a winner" sounds extremely negative, lol. I dont think I am a loser. Ive won plenty..... but whatever.

2) Im not sure. I have to admit I probably wouldnt be too preoccupied with it.

3) I want to quit gambling and lead a different life from what Im doing. Once again I dont go to meetings (nor do I beg)

Your second question tells me you are an intelligent thoughtful person though and I thank you for the thought provoking post.
    IMO: We gamble additively to compensate for "emptiness" in our life. I am not talking about something lacking (like no friends, etc.) it just that feeling that something isn't right when we are not gambling.

RustyGriswold
    RustyGriswold's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm sorry to hear this.

Congruency

I dont know you, but you nailed it POST OF THE MOTHERFUKKIN YEAR, TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN

I HONESTLY DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY TO FIX IT ANYMORE, IM FED THE FUK UP
    thanks man

i think once a degen, always a degen...but good on you for taking control of your life, and realizing whats important to you

gambling is important to me, cant imagine ever giving it up lol

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Well what do you know? The only user to nominate this thread is another Warrior.

warriorfan707

Bottom line is I dont think I have the self control to do this anymore guys. Im 30 years old, Im not getting any younger.

Another poster mentioned that he has become a social outcast. Sounds like me. While you do it you think to yourself "When I get rich Ill get whatever I want and do whatever I want, etc

well who the fukk wants to give up your whole life for something that may never happen

Better to take a more certain path imo

Lets be real folks, how many even turned any kind of substantial profit in 2010

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Why is it most of your posts are "we are all diseased"? If you have a problem, it's YOUR problem. Everyone is different. If something isn't working for you, change it. Don't claim it's a disease and everyone else here has it too. Above all if you don't use bankroll management you will be a loser long term. Just stick to playing max 5% of your roll on any game and you shouldnt get into too much trouble. Also you won't get as emotional when you lose.

warriorfan707

After all of the rollercoasters Ive been through its extremely difficult to bet small. It just seems so insignificant and pointless. I think Im best off just staying away for good and putting my brainpower into something that is actually going to make me rich.

Seriously what are the chances of getting rich gambling. fukking nill

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Why is it most of your posts are "we are all diseased"? If you have a problem, it's YOUR problem. Everyone is different. If something isn't working for you, change it. Don't claim it's a disease and everyone else here has it too. Above all if you don't use bankroll management you will be a loser long term. Just stick to playing max 5% of your roll on any game and you shouldnt get into too much trouble. Also you won't get as emotional when you lose.
    For most of us it is a disease. Look at how many posts I have, win or lose it is abnormal...15% of the board has a higher post rate.

excel
    unapproved

Look on the bright side, if you would have won big easystreet likely wouldn't have paid anyway. Saved yourself a lot of trouble.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    Look on the bright side, if you would have won big easystreet likely wouldn't have paid anyway. Saved yourself a lot of trouble.
    I cashed out my last 3k with them, I made 21 hundo off easystreet. Had gotten back to using 5dimes actually

excel
    unapproved

Congruency

we all have problems

gambling is no different than spending nights drinking at the bar, or women degenerate shoe shoppers

were all degens in our own way

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    we all have problems

gambling is no different than spending nights drinking at the bar, or women degenerate shoe shoppers

were all degens in our own way
    yes but gambling has a destructive capability that goes well beyond the other addictions, unfortunately for us

warriorfan707

I really need someone to convince me to step away and step away for good. Thats what Im asking someone for. Convince me why I should quit gambling, and I will wish you all the best, leave and never look back.

Extra Innings

I cashed out my last 3k with them, I made 21 hundo off easystreet. Had gotten back to using 5dimes actually
    This leads me to believe that you could make it professionally. I would try to get a loan from a friend or family member.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    This leads me to believe that you could make it professionally. I would try to get a loan from a friend or family member.
    This is what fukking kills me. Deep down I know I could.

I only lose when I start chasing. If I could somehow stay disciplined with good bankroll management Im a monster.

Would be better to just get a fukkin full time job, make more money stress free and gamble on the side.
    Last edited by warriorfan707; 05-08-11 at 03:13 AM.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

how big is your bankroll? What is your average bet size when betting sports?

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Lockitup1x View Post
    how big is your bankroll? What is your average bet size when betting sports?
    My average bet size is around 200. The money I have right now can not be referred to as a "bankroll". I need that money to survive until I figure out a way to make some income, cant be wagering with that.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

That's the main problem i think, when you believe you can be rich gambling. When you realize that it is not for you and it's just a hobby then you'll be alright.

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

how has it affected your family? just wondering?

Ive had my ups and down as well, but never to the point where it affected anything family related

First 123456 ... Last