pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Call your Congressman & your Senator about high gas prices

This Government is out of order and we got to do something about that. Call them bastards every day- in the morning, at lunch time and late afternoon and let them know how you feel, for Christ sake just call, call, call and tell them to wake the hell up!
    US Senate 112th Congress

Alabama
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 01:09 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

pronk

Colorado
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

pronk

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 01:10 PM.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

like thats gonna help..lol

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

I agree, we should call. It's anti-democratic and a threat that undermines all of the best principles of the American experiment that Chevron, ExxonMobil, are RoyalDucth Shell are able to report record profits while we are forced to close schools and parks, lay-off teachers, and abandon the sickest, oldest, and least able to care for themselves. In the last qurater Chevron's profits jumped 36%, RDC 31% and Exxon Mobil's profits jumped 69%. Meanwhile we pay more and continue to receive less. It's not good.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

sure, i'll call but really.. wtf are they gonna do?

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I agree keep calling.

Call so many times it makes their ears hurt.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mw00 View Post
    like thats gonna help..lol
    It helps but we have to do in mass.

But to the OP. What did you expect...I mean gas prices always go up during the summer?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No need to call Alaska. it is not their fault. it is exactly what the left hoped would happen. we got what we voted for.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

What the hell they going to do..lmaoooooo

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horrible gas prices....and they say its only going to get higher

Poster X
    Poster X's Avatar Become A Pro!

why would i call them about gas prices? what exactly do i say.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Don't bother with Obama's Secretary of Energy Steven Chu.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September of 2008.

Looks like he's on his way.
    There is no doubt this was the plan. Cripple the USA from within.

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by Poster X View Post
    why would i call them about gas prices? what exactly do i say.
    Tell them: You let your people down you crazy bastards. Let oil companies drill in Mexican Gulf and Alaska. Obama is using taxes and regulation to destroy the U.S. middle class

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

You think our gas prices are high? Have you seen the prices in Europe? Or even Canada?

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Don't bother with Obama's Secretary of Energy Steven Chu.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September of 2008.

Looks like he's on his way.

Chink Chu has to go but in the meantime we must flood "his" office with EMAILS

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

By the way, we should also ask them to low the prices of milk, wheat and coffee. Way to go, guys.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Fking clowns don't know shit...what a surprise.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

... way too early for them to do something about prices ... elections are not for another 18 months yet ... wait until about 3-4 months before the election and watch the prices tumble.

The weak dollar is the biggest issue .... however a weak dollar makes exports more attractive and reduces the trade deficit .. and also helps create more jobs ... its all a balancing act ... we're just on the downswing right now .. it'll be all change in 12 months time once the economy has stabilized somewhat and job numbers are starting to look a little better.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

calling will do nothing, but if you have no life, please do!

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

The members of Congress are the ones allowing the high prices to happen. The oil companies are reporting huge profits and still they're given tax breaks.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

It's gonna get worst and you know it. Pretty soon economy will flip outta control. No way can alot afford this. Gonna make no sense to drive to work for minimum wages just to exchange for the gas to get you there. Food and everything else is gonna go way up. We are in trouble!

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post

Fking clowns don't know shit...what a surprise.
    What's so funny meathead?

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Better off to go buy oil and gasoline futures.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Just be smart. If you do not like paying for gas, live close to work, bike when you can, live close to a grocery where you can walk to pick up a few items. On average, I might drive 40-60 miles a week(about 3 gallons of gas). That makes a price increase much more manageable.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

they dont give a fukk what the people have to say

pronk

Call

pronk

I just called Secretary Chu's office and senator Brown's office

pronk

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

That's what you get when you don't pay attention & vote a piece of garbage (Obama) into office. If he didn't chase BP out of the gulf for no reason, maybe we'd have more oil right now. THE ONLY REAL SOLUTION IS TO VOTE OBAMA OUT OF OFFICE !!!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

as a republican i am for the market taking care of itself so let the prices be set at whatever people are willing to pay. when the prices get too high people will buy gas efficient cars, do without gas, run up their credit(a individual choice). the government should have no place in this. that is the liberals talking. let the economy set the price. if you can't afford it simply don't drive or cut back on other areas of expenses.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Better off to go buy oil and gasoline futures.
    yes this is profitable. Unfortunately it's large banks and financial companies buying up and hoarding tons of oil futures that has driven the price of gas up to where it is today. These companies have had the right to do this since J. Aron from Goldman-Sachs lobbied to congress in 1991 demanding that speculators have the right to buy unlimited futures in commodities. There are about 16 groups that were given exemptions.

pronk

Reply from Senator Brown

Dear :

Thank you for contacting me regarding increasing energy costs. I share your concern regarding rising energy prices—the higher cost of fuel and electricity hurts Ohio families and businesses.

Rising gas prices have a dire effect on our economy—higher prices at the pump for commuters driving to work or parents taking their kids to school, and higher operating costs for truckers and small business owners trying to stay afloat, and higher food costs for families trying to survive during this recession.

While addressing the energy challenges facing our country involves long-term solutions, I have cosponsored legislation that would give consumers immediate relief at the pump. These bills would rein in speculators distorting the price of oil, severely penalize those who gouge or otherwise charge excessively high gas prices, allow the Attorney General to sue cartels like OPEC trying to manipulate the price of oil, and temporarily suspend additions to our nation’s nearly full strategic petroleum reserve.

In addition, I have written to Secretary of Energy Chu asking him to look into the causes of the price spikes in 2008 as well as urging him to continue to work with Congress to develop a comprehensive approach to increasing energy prices. This approach includes going after speculators, developing alternative energy sources, investing in more efficient technologies, reforming our foreign policy, and holding the oil companies accountable. I also recently wrote the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), to look into the price spikes Ohioans have been experiencing this winter and spring, and to crack down on excessive speculation.

As long as I am in the Senate, I will work for responsible energy policies that protect the interests of Ohio consumers. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator