Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.
    Tuna Fish Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love working out! Eat whatever and not get fat.

When you work out (specifically lifting weights/strength training), you gain more muscle and in turn increase your metabolism, thus raising your maintenance (# of calories/day to consume to maintain current weight).

So, a sedentary/inactive person might have a maintenance of 1500 calories or so. If you do some heavy strength training and raise metabolism, your maintenance can skyrocket to 2000-3000 or even more. Think of how much you can eat without getting fat! You can eat loads of junk food and fast food and still lose weight too, if you count your calories correctly and eat below your maintenance.

No longer am I that guy that has to hesitate to order a big burger combo and take that Diet Coke over the regular. I don't need that "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" for my toast. None of that Splenda stuff in my coffee. Will I order the chicken or steak tonight? I'll take both!

Feels great.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

I still can't believe it's not butter

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good for you. It takes lots of dedication.

DblDeuce
    DblDeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gained 15 pounds after discovering these sports forums lol

DblDeuce

I need to exercise and eat less!

adolfas52
    adolfas52's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe that you can loss weight eating this.

DblDeuce

Pizza is my weakness.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I have trouble finding the time when I am working. After 60/hrs a week of work I really only have sunday... Maybe I can go early in the morning...

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    I have trouble finding the time when I am working. After 60/hrs a week of work I really only have sunday... Maybe I can go early in the morning...
    First thing in the morning is the best time for men
    Testesterone is at the highest when you wake up, and slowly declines all day.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

What happened to the tuna fish?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Fact: 1lb of muscle can burn 100 calories. Lift weights, bitches!

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Nice info and good education on weight management and working out !!!

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

insanity worked wonders for me.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I do not get enough exercise

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

eat until you die..

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just getting my points thanks sbr

mrtomk
    mrtomk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 771

This is also an awesome way to weaken your immune system, clog your arteries and get diabetes later in life! Go you! Horrible advice...

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

You must be under 30 years.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

If I didnt work out as hard as I did.....Id weigh 250lbs easy instead of 185lbs.

Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

good for you rofl

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    You must be under 30 years.
    I was going to say that. Eating TGIFs fast food for dinner feels like a hangover the next morning if you're over 35.

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

I wish it was taht easy

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

P90X worked good for me... Dedication is the key!

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17372

i'm just too f'n lazy...........

Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.

Maybe I should have made things more clear...

I'm not advocating eating fast food everyday. I normally eat a healthy, clean diet on a normal basis. However, when I do go out, maybe once a week, I can eat a pretty hefty amount without having to worry about it. It's all in moderation.

For example, just over a year ago, I was considered overweight. My metabolism was terrible since I didn't exercise at all. Whenever I went out to eat a burger combo of some sort, it would make me gain a permanent pound. I had to restrain myself from eating out since the food was so calorie-dense. Fast forward to a year later, I am now working out religiously and the difference is clear as day. My body is a fat burning machine. I can go out and eat a burger combo TWICE in a day, eat a third meal at home, and still end up losing weight the next morning! It's magic, I tell you.

I've been on a cutting diet for a year now and have lost 20 lbs while building muscle. I want to continue until my abs show. In the meantime, if I get invited to parties, dinners, or social outings where lots of greasy food is present, I can eat it without worry. The food will actually work for me in helping my muscles grow and give me energy, unlike the average person where the food will work against them and probably be stored as fat in their body.

About the under 30 years old remark, age is irrelevant! There are people in their 50s and even 60s who lift weights, become lean and fit, and have the metabolism of a 20-year old. They can eat junk without feeling like they're getting hit by a truck. Metabolism does slow down a bit with age, but it only goes down the crapper if you don't do anything about it. I've seen people who have overcome the odds to make me realize that NO ONE should have an excuse.

For example, I've seen a middle-aged, obese woman with hypothyroid, slim down to become lean and fit. She does modeling and competes in those bodybuilder competitions now. That goes against all odds. She was obese, middle-aged, and gets to play the "genetics card" with her hypothyroid problem. It was one of the most inspiring stories I have ever seen.

I am not making this up. You can go to bodybuilding.com, go to their forum, and find a thread of members who were once former fatties with success stories similar to what I've mentioned. It's what made me change my life around and although I'm not super fit yet, the benefits have been tremendous.

Get inspired! Start lifting! It's never too late to start.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Just saying 1/2 of you people that talk like this juice it, have juiced it, will juice it.

Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.

I must admit, I do enjoy juicing a few blood oranges for a refreshing breakfast drink. I juice a little extra and fridge it for consumption at a later time. I LOVE cold, hand-squeezed orange juice.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4983

you sound like one of those fat chicks that hits the treadmill for 20 mins then feels like they get to reward themselves with pizza and a tub of ice cream

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Enjoy that while you can; as you get older it gets harder and harder to maintain.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

working out is a pain in the ass.

Palcsi
    Palcsi's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to make it hard, or you will not have any good feelings about that...

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

lol Im studying to be a nutrionist/personal trainer just because you have a fast metabolism doesnt mean you wont gain weight though it will catch up

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

op doesn't know shit.

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Most people are too lazy to work out so they rather eat less.

Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    op doesn't know shit.
    I'd like to hear more from you. Feel free to correct anything I have said in this thread. I'm willing to retract any statements and even take up on suggestions if you actually have anything to contribute. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm getting results.

I don't see how you can possibly have anything against what I've said though, as the things I've said are pretty basic and fundamental. In summary, I've mostly stated that if you change your diet to a healthy one and do strength training (lifting weights), you'll gain lean muscle thus raise your metabolism allowing you to eat more. Isn't that fact?

Perhaps you didn't read through everything I wrote and maybe you think that I eat junk everyday? I clearly stated I ate clean and only do this once a week, sort of a "cheat meal" or "refeeding" even. I assume you understand those terms if you're a bodybuilder, judging by your title.

Also, on the age thing many of you keep persisting about... Have you all heard of Ernestine Shephard? You can read about her here: http://www.articlesbase.com/bodybuil...y-2355702.html

If you don't want to read it, let me summarize it for you. She was 56 years old and out of shape. She never exercised a day in her life. She started lifting, became ripped and is up to par with today's young bodybuilders. She is 73 now and still kicks ass.