life is life you gfet it once so enjoyit

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

true

geist
    geist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Everyday above ground is a good one bro! And if you live and were born free here in America, consider it winning the lottery of freedom. You could've ended up in one of many shit hole parts of the world. All you have to do is turn on the news to know how lucky we are.
    That exactly proves my point.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

im depressed all the time i tell myself taking myself out is not something i get another shot at i lost 900 today yesterday i won 900 tomorrow is another day and things seem to get better over time

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    how meaningful are your friends, family , and fukkin when you are in your
    grave.......

Of course , they mean NOTHING...just momentary experiences that are totally
    erased when you take your final breath......

Just look at history and see the magnitude of man's inhumanity to man...and
    you will realize just how inconsequential this " life " is....
    exactly, people say life is precious. people say congratulations when a friend gets pregnant. like 'good job, what an accomplishment'. the bitch just spread her legs and took it. and boom there's a new body on the planet. another shell which will look and act based on genetics and socialization. nothing new, nothing miraculous.

jubuck757
    jubuck757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yall some funny muthafukas... Life is what you make it....

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

life is alright sometimes

Aman_Dage
    Aman_Dage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Life is such interesting thing, if u have many problems, don't be depressed, they make u live! Peace man!

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

sounds like a depression might want to talk it out

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

If you don't have a "love of life" as seems to be the case with GoIrish, then you're not living your life the right way.

Married adults are far more happier than single adults and finding the right person to share your life with is an important part to making your life a more fulfilling one.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Some interesting takes on human raison d'etre.

OP sounds like he is having an Existential Crisis.

Many of us go through them at one point or another in our life.

Finding an answer I suppose is different for everyone, whether it's friends, family, and fornicating, artificial highs such as alcohol or opiates or even finding that special monogamous someone as andywend suggested.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Life is what you make of it. If you think there's some grand mystery to be solved, there's not. (Unless you believe in an afterlife and everlasting salvation.) A good life is about three things and three things only: Friends, Family, and Fukking. Anybody who tells you otherwise is selling you something or has failed to find true friends, hates their family, or can't get laid. And those folks need some sort of bullshit Quixotian quest to justify their existence. Which is why the most miserable and lonely people in the world are the ones generally trying to save it. (and wrecking it as a result) The educated man in his misery will deride ignorance as bliss, while the wise man in his joy lives blissfully ignorant. In this country, some of the poorest and most uneducated people around are the happiest. They are happy because they spend their free time laughing it up, hanging out with friends and family. The people who aren't happy in this country are those who think they need more--fancier clothes, bigger televisions, bigger houses, and will do anything to get those things so as to fill the giant hole in their hearts which are usually filled with love and friendship. These friendless toolbags are the turds in the punchbowl---the oblivious busy-body douchebags who wreck shit with their good intentions and the soulless vicious criminals who wreck shit with their bad ones. You are obviously in a rut right now. You know how you get out of a rut? Small steps that lead to bigger ones. Start doing some push-ups everyday. As many as you can do. If you can only do 5-10, only do five or ten. But push yourself. Everyday. Make yourself do it. It's 30 seconds of your life. After a while you will want to start doing more. And more. And more. Pretty soon that 30 seconds will turn into 5-10 minutes of exercise. And then 30. And then an hour. You're going to see results and you're going to like it. Even if they come slow. And then you want more dramatic improvement. So you stop eating junk food. Stop drinking so much. You will feel stronger and more alive. You will have greater confidence and courage. You will start wanting to improve other areas of your life. You will read more. Maybe take up a musical instrument. In the months that follow you will find you are turning into one of the more interesting people to talk to at parties and the bar. Women will take notice. And you will notice them with more fervor than you had in your prior indolence. And that's when you'll bring them home, and take them on the kitchen floor. And that'll be the moment you realize you love your friends, you love your family, you love fukking, and you love life.
    Exactly Madcap! Very eloquently thought out and explained perfectly. Couldn't have said it better myself! Friends, Family, and Fuk'ing!

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Life is what you make of it.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    how meaningful are your friends, family , and fukkin when you are in your
    grave.......

Of course , they mean NOTHING...just momentary experiences that are totally
    erased when you take your final breath......

Just look at history and see the magnitude of man's inhumanity to man...and
    you will realize just how inconsequential this " life " is....
    I used to be a misanthrope. Where the number one goal of my life was to distract myself from it. Distract myself from the seeming meaningless of human existence. To indulge in as many hedonistic pleasures as possible so as to forget I hadn't found any significant ones. That used to be me. It sounds like you.

I don't know how old you are, but I can tell you this, the older you get the more intense your pain will become. No torment is as strong, as life moving on, without you.

You've given up. Surrendered. And looking for an intellectual way to validate that weakness. To justify your cowardice. I've been there. And there's only one way out. Man up.

You know deep down you're capable of more than you've done. You know there's more you want out of life. Now are you going to man up and do what you need to take it? Or are you just going to sit there, crying in your beer, hoping the expression of your misery will draw more souls to commiserate with you, so you'll finally have some company?

What I'm saying is this: we all have better versions of ourselves. If you haven't experienced a better version of yourself, then you don't know what you're missing. You know you can be stronger, smarter, more interesting, more helpful. A more vivacious and frequent lover. You know deep down you can be these things. But for some reason you don't believe in yourself. Well it's a trick. A con. A charade. You're a better man in there somewhere. Be brave enough to find him.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

keep on moving along. Life doesn't wait around for you when you are bitching and moaning. You either go with it or you don't.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a Great thread.....

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Do you know what the greatest thing in life is that you should thankful for?

You woke up today.
    I never understood this. Why should i be thankful to wake up when i have to worry about dying, eventually? Dying would probably be better off, since you'll never know when it happens. Sure, you can not think of it, or believe in whatever the hell you want to make your life serve more of a purpose. You can justify this and justify that to validate existence. It's when you look beyond that justifying that life is totally pointless. Best advice to the OP; Make it what you can for YOU to be happy and not think of all the complications that come with life. Otherwise, it will be a bout with your inner demons on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

just try to enjoy life if you cant get some antidepressants they will make you feel mutch better

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Odd thread

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone posting is pretty much 'correct'.
    What makes this such a tough one is that they are all also very much 'incorrect'.

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Life is always worth it, otherwise you wouldn't be alive.

bamacards
    bamacards's Avatar Become A Pro!

==========When you look in the paper in the morning at the death notices and do NOT see your name..........Its a good day!!!

you got that right---great day indeed

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

i'm a fuking loser period. the only thing i'm above average at is sportsbetting. not feeling well

charlesbroccoli
    charlesbroccoli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5829

you are a realist, but that doesnt mean that one day you wont bump into something that makes you enjoy life a little more than usual. when that happens, enjoy it to the fullest

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be thankful for what you have....life, and make the best of it

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Dude, pick up a couple of hotties for a 3way, always lifts my spirits!

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

do what makes you happy when you can, be a good person when you can't do what makes you happy, and don't stress the stuff that doesn't really matter...

GoIrish682
    GoIrish682's Avatar Become A Pro!

these are very good inputs that i will be addressing soon!

First 12