poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Valium/Diazepam, Xanax/Alprazolam, and withdrawal

I'd like to hear experience with either of these drugs that can relate to withdrawal and avoiding it. I've experienced fairly unpleasant effects from caffeine withdrawal, yet I've generally found how to avoid that, and I'm hoping the same can be done with at least one of those drugs.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Never had any withdrawals.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

Do NOT come off of these drugs cold turkey, talk to your doctor about a plan to come off them, the effects of coming off these benzos can be fatal if not done correctly

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

used to take xanax recreationally. about 2 ** doses. stopped cold turkey and had several panic attacks and thought i was going to die.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Quote Originally Posted by Manaconda View Post
    Do NOT come off of these drugs cold turkey, talk to your doctor about a plan to come off them, the effects of coming off these benzos can be fatal if not done correctly
    Correct. If a heavy user goes cold turkey off these it can cause seizures/death.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

You really shouldn't do benzo withdrawal without medical supervision. I've done a couple after a few months of daily use, they weren't terrible but it's one of the two withdrawals that can kill you along with alcohol, depends how severe your use is.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 04-16-11 at 01:13 AM.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

drugs are whack

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    Never had any withdrawals.
    How strong were the doses? How frequent? Describe how you stopped?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

geez, I take a 5mg Diazepam before i go to bed. If i stopped will i tweak out? only been taking it about 5 months.

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I used to take alprazolam for about a year or so small dose 1mg but I did quit and no symptoms.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

never taken any of these and never would

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    geez, I take a 5mg Diazepam before i go to bed. If i stopped will i tweak out? only been taking it about 5 months.
    nope-If you stop the worst thing that will happen to you is you will have some a hard time sleeping..The night you stop,take a PM

clynnm17
    clynnm17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

just all depends on how much you have been taking and for how long. If you have been taking 5-10 mgs of xanax for 5 years. Oh it is going to be rough. and that truly is an understatement. If you have only been going for a year on the weekends you will be fine. Xanax is designed to effect the brain. Once the brain has been artificially happy for so long and then you just cold turkey. Your brain goes baserk with feelings of anxiety, and is wondering where that chemical you have been feeding it for the past x amount of time.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4983

benzo withdrawal is dangerous if you go from consistent usage to cold turkey, you should always taper off

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have done it all. You will get different opinion from different people including Doctor's and rehab facilities. You are talking to someone who knows first hand experience with hardcore pill addiction and the withdraw from it... Valium can be a nightmare depending on how long you have been doing it and how much per day... Xanax withdraw can be deadly and lots of people have seizures and it's a nightmare of an experience. Opiate withdraw is by far the most miserable experience you could ever imagine. Of course it's depending on how long and how much you were taking. At my height, I was taking either 30 Norco a day or 3-4 Oxy 80mg per day.... The norco was 10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 10 at night...Turned into a very very very expensive habit..about 9 different Doctor's etc etc, the whole 9 yards..I wouldn't touch any kind of opiate if you paid me now but xanax and valium are in a different family...
    It didn't start out like that, it started from 1 a day 2 or 3 days a week then turned into a nightmare... If you are in need of talking to someone who has experienced this first hand, drop me a pm...

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I have done it all. You will get different opinion from different people including Doctor's and rehab facilities. You are talking to someone who knows first hand experience with hardcore pill addiction and the withdraw from it... Valium can be a nightmare depending on how long you have been doing it and how much per day... Xanax withdraw can be deadly and lots of people have seizures and it's a nightmare of an experience. Opiate withdraw is by far the most miserable experience you could ever imagine. Of course it's depending on how long and how much you were taking. At my height, I was taking either 30 Norco a day or 3-4 Oxy 80mg per day.... The norco was 10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 10 at night...Turned into a very very very expensive habit..about 9 different Doctor's etc etc, the whole 9 yards..I wouldn't touch any kind of opiate if you paid me now but xanax and valium are in a different family...
    It didn't start out like that, it started from 1 a day 2 or 3 days a week then turned into a nightmare... If you are in need of talking to someone who has experienced this first hand, drop me a pm...
    Damn dude, your liver has to be hurting after that many norcos a day. That's a ton of APAP.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

yeah our livers hurt from the abuse of yrs earlier , its crazy , have anyone had their stomach tapped from asities , it aint no joke (perasenties sp )

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by clynnm17 View Post
    just all depends on how much you have been taking and for how long. If you have been taking 5-10 mgs of xanax for 5 years. Oh it is going to be rough. and that truly is an understatement. If you have only been going for a year on the weekends you will be fine. Xanax is designed to effect the brain. Once the brain has been artificially happy for so long and then you just cold turkey. Your brain goes baserk with feelings of anxiety, and is wondering where that chemical you have been feeding it for the past x amount of time.
    yeah your brain basically rewires itself after chronic benzo/alcohol use. it messes with the production of GABA, which calms you and reduces anxiety. once you quit, it doesn't have that artificial production and your brain is fcked. it sucks and i would stop abusing them if anyone here is, i quit cold turkey and had psychotic episodes where my brain was racing thoughts and images and I just couldn't move or control it. most fcked up thing I've ever felt.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by mvp123 View Post
    yeah our livers hurt from the abuse of yrs earlier , its crazy , have anyone had their stomach tapped from asities , it aint no joke (perasenties sp )
    I met this guy who abused vicodins and booze for years. his belly button was like 3 inches out of his stomach from the ascites. it's fcked up, he really had no idea what it was doing to him for a long time.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

it's not going to be fun. i also swear that staying on strong anti-depressants (not necessarily benzos) has to be worth it just to not have to go through the lengthy withdrawal nightmare.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is your trick with coffee?

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

coming off xanax will be rough..

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Benzo withdrawal can be tough. That's why they don't prescribe them for long-term use very easily anymore. That's the last option if a variety of anti-depressants won't work first.

cockblocker

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    How strong were the doses? How frequent? Describe how you stopped?

I take them on and off a few days at a time. Like at least 2 bars a bay or 4 footballs. Maybe 5 days straight then I run out. Maybe you have to take them weeks at a time to get withdrawals. You better have some good connects to keep you supplied that long. Absolut and Lo carb monsters are always good too.

I try to stay in shape. So working out helps a lot, makes you stay sober days to weeks at a time. Few bars now and then won't hurt.
    Last edited by cockblocker; 04-17-11 at 07:36 AM.

cockblocker

Quote Originally Posted by juuso View Post
    Benzo withdrawal can be tough. That's why they don't prescribe them for long-term use very easily anymore. That's the last option if a variety of anti-depressants won't work first.
    If you take what they prescribe youll run out in a week or so. 60 bars a month is max. They'll probably just give you 30 footballs and thats nothing.

cockblocker

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I met this guy who abused vicodins and booze for years. his belly button was like 3 inches out of his stomach from the ascites. it's fcked up, he really had no idea what it was doing to him for a long time.
    Vicodins have Tylenol in them. Thats what ***** your liver up. Alcohol and Tyelenol will destroy a liver fast.

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

never tried any of drugs aside sports betting!

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    What is your trick with coffee?
    Based on a few experiences, caffeine seems to create dependency based more on how frequently I consume it, in terms of days, verses quantity. I had the equivalent of 1-2 cups of coffee for 5 straight days, followed by a mild constant headache and depression for 2 days coming off, to give you a baseline of what's needed to give me physical withdrawal. I've had the same amount for 3 consecutive days on two occasions without withdrawal. Recently, I've had coffee 4 of 5 days, followed by two days where I had a headache for a few hours, which could've been incidental based on my past, but was probably slight withdrawal.

So, caffeine consumption to the equivalent of 1-2 [instant] coffee cups a couple times a week, preferably spread out, has proven to be safe and useful for me. That said, I try to avoid coffee where I think the benefit will be small to not appreciable so that I get the maximum benefit when I do take it (namely wakefulness and mood upper) and to reduce the chance of physical or psychological dependency.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't worry too much about withdraw from Benzo's. It's nothing compared to opiate withdraw.

apkboston
    apkboston's Avatar Become A Pro!

i **** with benzos and opiates -> xanax and oxy

poochiecollins

I'd like to hear more from people who took either of the two aforementioned drugs non-regularly, or any other way where withdrawal conditions could've come up. I already knew that bad withdrawal can happen with the two drugs, and a bunch of other people have chimed in to let everyone else know, so no need to bother writing any more about that.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

LOL i really thought this is one of those spam-bot threads about medicines

cockblocker

Just got 70 bars. Ill see if I get any withdrawals and keep you posted.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    Just got 70 bars. Ill see if I get any withdrawals and keep you posted.
    Thank you. Which one? And will you be taking it intermittently, by chance?

apkboston
    apkboston's Avatar Become A Pro!

xanax 2 ** = bars

if i know anything about xanax, you dont usually take it intermittently when you buy 70 bars

12 Last