WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Can you? I cant...

I am 100% addicted to my cell phone. I am looking at it or have it in my hand 24 hours a day. Placing bets, internet, this place, texting ...its disgusting.

I have tried putting it in my pocket and going the afternoon without looking at it...I can only go like 20 minutes. I hate the way it looks. Anyone else as big a loser?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Take a deep breath. Try going back to the old school nokia. After playing snake for 10 minutes, you will probably set it down and not look at it for a month.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

just got a droid few weeks ago.
    honestly its got to much shit on it for me.
    the internet is just a PITA to use on it.
    found some useful apps though.
    really like the police scanner app I found.
    find out where the roadblocks are at

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12073

got a droid about 5 months ago, its like fukking crack man.

angry birds, pandora, music id, fukkin led light on me at all times, and if i feel like it, i can bust it out and see where the constellations are at. also do all my online banking with it.

can never live without such a device ever again.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

All day long for me. Texting, betting, music, games. Luckily I have a job where I a lot of free time.

WvGambler

I got a job with nice free time too. Its making me more of an addict. I've become that yuppy that's always on his phone.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

speaking of song id apps, anyone know a good one for the droid??

i downloaded the v cast one, its utter crap. it can't even identify under the bridge by the red hot chili peppers

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

lol i never owned a cellphone in my life

WvGambler

V cast is only one I know of. It sucks

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Stealthy...not sure if the droid will have it, but get Pandora. I have it on my iPhone 4 and it's one of the best free music radio apps I've come across.

To answer WV's question...yes, I'm addicted like no other. Texts, emails, betting, SBR, stocks, music, occasional phone call...it never ends.

WvGambler

Droid has Pandora

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

Only am not checking my phone while I'm in class or have my laptop in front of me. Girlfriend gets upset if I look at my phone at dinner so I keep it in my pocket then too. Have a droid as well. Definitely addicting but I don't really use it for internet, more for emails and such.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Try out soundhound.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I have one of those small flip phones from like 5 years ago. I refuse to upgrade because I don't want to be the guy starting this thread in a few months -- no need to feed the addiction with easier access.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Love my blackberry but thinking of getting a droid. Its very handy when I have to check emails every hour

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Stealthy...not sure if the droid will have it, but get Pandora. I have it on my iPhone 4 and it's one of the best free music radio apps I've come across.

To answer WV's question...yes, I'm addicted like no other. Texts, emails, betting, SBR, stocks, music, occasional phone call...it never ends.
    vegas i have pandora, its fukkin amazing but its purpose is different then song id. song id is supposed to analyze the "musical dna" of a song and basically spit back at you the name, artist(s), and album said song is from. its basically used to discover the name of a song you let's say you hear on the radio or at a party but haven't heard of the artist or song title.

after reading this thread i decided to tinker with v cast song id again. i played a couple of songs it recognized, then got to under the bridge by the chili peppers in my library and it couldn't even determine what song it was!! i mean, its only one of the most popular rock songs from one of the most popular bands ever!! off an album that sold over 20 million copies

cmon, they need to step it up or i need to get a new apps that's worth its own shit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Personally, I am so thrilled to be living in this "information age". I look at my dad who doesn't even have a computer and calls my brother to come reset the clock on his VCR if it's blinking cuz the power went out and I think "Dad, you have no idea what you're missing". I'm a total crackberry addict and I'm checking scores all day & night.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I can't put my iphone4 down eithier.....

El Stufruado
    El Stufruado's Avatar Become A Pro!

its def nice to have the resource , i use it for everything .

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I just got the Verizon iPhone4 about a month ago. I have no idea how I survived without it. It makes the Blackberry Tour I had seem like an abacus. Unreal how advanced it is.

Obviously, I use it mostly as a mobile posting apparatus. It honestly has made my addiction to SBR considerably worse.

On the upside, the browser is fast enough that it allows me to browse the forum....and post....while driving. This has become far away my preferred posting method!! Nothing quite like the rush you get while posting an emoticon at 70 mph!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

How much do you cats pay a month for your cell phones, Internet service at home and HDTV? Most people I know are in the $250 range -- seems like a huge chunk of change to be entertained.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How much do you cats pay a month for your cell phones, Internet service at home and HDTV? Most people I know are in the $250 range -- seems like a huge chunk of change to be entertained.
    Cable/internet is 190. Cell phone is 150 combined for both our cells.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If home mainly use computers

Road phone and usually not more than 15 minutes go by where I do not check e-mails, calls, sbr

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

BBM is crack

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

about $180, internet/tv are packaged.

couldn't live without it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Cable/internet is 190. Cell phone is 150 combined for both our cells.
    See, that just seems like an absurd amount to me. Shouldn't there be better deals out there? Ability to bundle all of these together for a fair price?

We pay $75 for Dish, $30 for Internet and $75 for our cells. I'm OK with that, but we have no bells and whistles. I'd feel like I was being bent over if I was in the $300 area like you WV.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by caseyking2 View Post
    Love my blackberry but thinking of getting a droid. Its very handy when I have to check emails every hour
    I have a blackberry torch. Fukk a droid. If you like blackberry, go with the torch. I'm on this shit 24-7 too. Only thing about my blackberry is no adobe flash. This is important. Some phones have it and some don't. I can't watch any of jj's videos until I get to a computer. But I can watch you-tube videos all day on it. Weird to me.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I just got the Verizon iPhone4 about a month ago. I have no idea how I survived without it. It makes the Blackberry Tour I had seem like an abacus. Unreal how advanced it is.

Obviously, I use it mostly as a mobile posting apparatus. It honestly has made my addiction to SBR considerably worse.

On the upside, the browser is fast enough that it allows me to browse the forum....and post....while driving. This has become far away my preferred posting method!! Nothing quite like the rush you get while posting an emoticon at 70 mph!!

You would have loved the blackberry torch opie. Its like a blackberry and iphone in one. I hate when blackberry heads switch to iphone.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post

I have a blackberry torch. Fukk a droid. If you like blackberry, go with the torch. I'm on this shit 24-7 too. Only thing about my blackberry is no adobe flash. This is important. Some phones have it and some don't. I can't watch any of jj's videos until I get to a computer. But I can watch you-tube videos all day on it. Weird to me.

i advise anyone don't get the torch if you're getting a blackberry. Bold and Curve are better.

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    speaking of song id apps, anyone know a good one for the droid??

i downloaded the v cast one, its utter crap. it can't even identify under the bridge by the red hot chili peppers
    Shazam is by far the best music ID app. Started as an iPhone app I believe but its free in the Android Market now.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Design View Post
    Shazam is by far the best music ID app. Started as an iPhone app I believe but its free in the Android Market now.
    Thanks mate

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Take a deep breath. Try going back to the old school nokia. After playing snake for 10 minutes, you will probably set it down and not look at it for a month.
    what's wrong with snake?

halofan
    halofan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    BBM is crack
    i only have my booty calls on my bbm.

WvGambler

See, that just seems like an absurd amount to me. Shouldn't there be better deals out there? Ability to bundle all of these together for a fair price?

We pay $75 for Dish, $30 for Internet and $75 for our cells. I'm OK with that, but we have no bells and whistles. I'd feel like I was being bent over if I was in the $300 area like you WV.
    Yep ...totally feel violated. Especially around here. Some folks live on what we pay for cell/cable/internet. Its shitty.

12 Last