rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

it costs money to feed children.... we should just kill them since it's actually cheaper to murder the children

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    I recycle mostly because im only allowed 2 garbage cans a week, so the recycling box frees up a little more room for me. Im pretty sure the BP oil spill negated any progress i was making saving the environment.
    If you fill up 2 garbage cans a week then you really lead a wasteful life.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    it costs money to feed children.... we should just kill them since it's actually cheaper to murder the children
    Poor analogy. Why do people recycle? Because they think that they are saving the environment. What they don't realize is that the recycling process hurts the environment MORE than if they had just thrown it away to begin with.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

the major problem with making new plastics for everything is that it's a waste of petroleum, which we need to save. So bottling soda is irresponsible in itself.

Recycling saves precious commodities which have an ever increasing demand and steadily decreasing supply

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    the major problem with making new plastics for everything is that it's a waste of petroleum, which we need to save. So bottling soda is irresponsible in itself.

Recycling saves precious commodities which have an ever increasing demand and steadily decreasing supply
    In order to process recyclables, petroleum is used. We're not saving anything. And if people truly cared about saving petroleum, they would take mass transportation everywhere, ride a bike, or *gasp* walk.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Many people do all of those things.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

and if you're going to say it takes 100% of the materials used in creating plastic just to recycle it, you need to back that up with proof.

chilidog

Okay, let's say you have a bag full of plastic bottles that you want to recycle. Somebody either comes and picks it up, or you go and drop it off. Meaning, gasoline and oil was used (by the method of transportation used to take it there). Now, recycling centers typically just collect the plastic, sort it, etc. They use machines for this, and yup, those run on fuel and oil as well. More transportation is needed to get the sorted plastic to the center that actually chemically does things to the plastic to make it ready for the next customer. Even more petroleum used in that process.

What exactly are you saving here?

kiefynugs
    Update your status

all of that transportation would still have to be done throwing the shit away. And even if the process of recycling already made plastic was exactly the same as creating it, which its not, you would still be saving many of the original materials.

Businesses generally don't do it because it's more expensive, but many state governments require you to recycle by law, and for good reason.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

bottom line though is that it's best to avoid using plastics at all unless its necessary. The way we use it is an unconscionable waste of valuable resources

LarryF
    LarryF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been recycling for years, no big deal. Keeps the stuff out of the garbage mountains that go up outside the city.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Thank you for recycling. Now if we can just get people to quit throwing shit out of their car windows it would be greatly appreciated.

GoIrish682
    GoIrish682's Avatar Become A Pro!

recycling is the biggest joke ever..total perception, with no reality

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

The only thing recycling does is it keeps stuff out of the trash mountain. Other than that it cost more and uses more resources than it takes to make new. I heard that coke and pepsi are now looking at using plants to make bottles now.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I'd rather recycle than let the empty plastic bottle sit in some landfill for the next 100,000 years. The discussion probably is a moot point because sooner than we all think, we're going to have to do something else with our trash than digging a big hole and dumping it there. Fifty years from now, long after I'm gone, incinerating our waste will be the way we heat our homes and factories.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

stay in costa rica chilli dog, you ignorant sob

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be happy in Pan if the people just could find a trash can. Cultural thing i guess.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Chilidog is bad at trolling. When a troll wants to post stupid, nonsensical things that no reasonable person could believe the posts should be as short as possible. I'm told the point is to make other people waste their time, not the troll's time.

Take a look at JJ Gold's posts about poker. JJ makes an ass out of himself in 10 words. Chilidog requires several paragraphs to do the same thing.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

No one is saying that we don't know that we're all harming the environment. We just try to do what we can to limit our impact on the environment. Just because we can't completely prevent our impacting of the environment doesn't mean that we shouldn't do anything about it. There is always going to be a cost for everything we do, so if you think we should just not give a shit and just throw everything away and not recycle, there's no point in arguing with you because you firmly believe in your stance and are unwilling to even consider that you may be wrong (GASP, what a concept!).

GoIrish682

its simply a cray practice...no use

GoIrish682

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    ... Are hypocritical idiots. It's the latest fashionable thing to do to show that you "care" about the environment. Bullshit. If you cared to begin with, you wouldn't use any petroleum products. No gas, no oil, no plastics, no polyester. You wouldn't use any precious metals that were dug out of the ground. In short, you would be better off just dying so that the environment can make better use of your body.

People really think that they're making a difference by buying these over-priced plastic containers to place their recyclable items into. They stand around these while they sort out their garbage into the special bins. They think that they're making such a huge difference. Yah, right. My wife works for a company that makes the plastic bottles that coke and other companies use to put their product into, and it's much cheaper for them to buy brand new plastic preforms than it is to use the recycled ones.

Now, to me, if you want to buy into the latest craze and do what's popular, by all means, do it. I don't give a fukk what you do. Just like religious people that are too weak-minded and need a crutch in life, i really don't care what you do. Just don't try to influence my life and convince me to buy into your retarded plan to save the world. I'm going to continue to throw all trash into the same bin. I'm going to continue to leave the water on while i shave and brush my teeth. And i'll continue to make fun of you everytime you say one word about saving the damn environment.

/rant
    just what this guy said!!!!!!!!!
    100% on the money!

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

fishhead recycles so it must be a good thing to do. duh.

Margin Walker
    Margin Walker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1255

I recycle.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

Honestly, I'm just trying to get my money back; in new york, they add surcharge to bottles that can only be recovered when you recycle.

Margin Walker
    Margin Walker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1255

It takes an extra 4 seconds to recycle. Not a deal breaker for me.

First 12