ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Can someone tell me who the last GOOD republican was?

I'm trying to think. Seems like they ruin our economy and only think about the short term. When Bush took office, gas was under $1.50 per gallon. And the Dummy in Wisconsin passed a huge tax cut for the rich and then when he needed to balance a deficit, took from the working class. Teachers, people who help educate us to make us better as a country.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Gas prices are nancy pelosi's fault...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

That tall bearded gent
    from Illinois....you know...
    the fellow in the stovepipe hat.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I think OP needs to realize that the Pres doesn't control gas prices.... and cutting taxes for businesses encourages not only expansion/hiring, but also encourages businesses to come to/stay in the state. No businesses= no jobs= no middle class

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33122

Can someone tell me who the last good politician was ???

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Reagan was probably the answer and even he did not eliminate Jimmy Carter's debacle of the Dept of Education. So even the best had flaws.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Can someone tell me when people will stop paying attention to parties and start looking at individuals who aren't being controlled by massive corporations and buy offs?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Ron Paul, Gary Johnson

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post

Exactly, there are no good politician but Eisenhover comes to mind.

i think he was the Greatest republican in oval office.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

a dead one.
    Points Awarded:

Emily_Haines gave crustyme 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Gas prices are nancy pelosi's fault...

bush & cheney were behind it all by buying up all the oil in 2002 to fill the national reserve unnecessarily and invading iraq, taking 1 million gallon of oil (per day) offline.

http://www.gaspricenews.com/blog/how...he-oil-market/

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    a dead one.
    Excellent answer.

guitarjosh

bush & cheney were behind it all by buying up all the oil in 2002 to fill the national reserve unnecessarily and invading iraq, taking 1 million gallon of oil (per day) offline.

http://www.gaspricenews.com/blog/how...he-oil-market/
    The world uses about 90 million barrels of oil a day (I assume you meant barrels, not gallons). Taking 1 million a day off the market would be a little more then 1%, an insignificant amount at the pump.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

wouldn't it be great if the reduction of gas prices was the sole discussion in the next presidential debate? After all, its far and away the most important issue in the world today.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

we use 19 million barrels a day so 1 million is over 5%. so for every 19 days, we would be without oil for an entire day. no wonder prices soared.

guitarjosh

we use 19 million barrels a day so 1 million is over 5%. so for every 19 days, we would be without oil for an entire day. no wonder prices soared.
    We use 21 million, but we don't keep it for ourselves, it is sold on the world market. BTW, ANWR would be able to produce 1 million barrels a day.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Check out Herman Cain. Enough said. Last great republican was obviously Reagan. To answer the question.

falconticket

Sorry misread the question asked for "good" Republican. Think George bush the first was good and would have been re-elected not for Ross Perot. Check our Marco rubio. He's a good guyl

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

19.1 million.

U.S. Liquid Fuels Consumption. Total consumption of petroleum and non-petroleum liquid fuels increased by 380,000 bbl/d (2.0 percent) to 19.1 million bbl/d in 2010.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/steo/#US_Crud...d_Liquid_Fuels

it would take a decade to get any oil from anwr. not to mention what an ecological disaster it would be.

fact remains it was bush & cheney who manipulated gas prices by buying up millions of barrels of oil in 2002 from private refinaries and shutting down iraqi production by invading it.

falconticket

19.1 million.

U.S. Liquid Fuels Consumption. Total consumption of petroleum and non-petroleum liquid fuels increased by 380,000 bbl/d (2.0 percent) to 19.1 million bbl/d in 2010.

it would take a decade to get any oil from anwr. not to mention what an ecological disaster it would be.

fact remains it was bush & cheney who manipulated gas prices by buying up millions of barrels of oil in 2002 from private refinaries and shutting down iraqi production by invading it.
    Obviously a young person who doesn't understand how this works.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

19.1 million.

guitarjosh

19.1 million.

I understand it will take years to get oil from ANWR, but my main point with it is that it will drop prices about 1%.

How many millions of barrels?

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Even the mentally challenged Sarah Palin looks like a genius compared to Pelosi & Harry Reed.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Check out Herman Cain. Enough said. Last great republican was obviously Reagan. To answer the question.
    Enough said? How about Herman Cain is a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. That would be enough said.

But that's no fun. A few months ago Herman was filling in on Neil Boortz's radio show. He brushed off a caller asking about auditing the Fed (29Dec2010):

But then a few weeks later uploads this disingenuous web blog (26Jan2011):

(Natalie Merchant WTF!?)

Just recently, he was in the news for saying he wouldn't appoint a Muslim to his administration. Now this is why main stream news media is worthless. Who cares if he would appoint a Muslim or not. But he says he wouldn't because he wants people who are "totally committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of this United States". And that's BULLSHIT.

Cain doesn't care about the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Where in the Constitution does it authorize the Federal Reserve? Cain strongly supports the Patriot Act even though violates the Bill of Rights. The Declaration of Independence says that ALL MEN have inalienable rights, yet he's perfectly okay with Bush and Obama suspending habeas corpus and the rule of law in the so called war on terror.
    Any reporter or news journalist worth his salt would be pushing that as the story. But instead we have a ministry of truth who's only job is to disseminate the left/right paradigm.
    Bottom line, Cain is a fraud. He panders to the simple country folk and plays dumb with a "common sense" approach and simpleton reasoning. And never trust a black man that listens to Natalie Merchant.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dick cheney for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Plenty of "good" Republicans right now... Jindal, Rubio, etc.

Great would be Reagan.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post

Slick Willie

Thanks for asking

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Yup, prolly Eisenhower.

Even the best-intentioned Republican (and there aren't many) have to cater to the "base", who are, let's face it, completely moronic.

falconticket

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    Enough said? How about Herman Cain is a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. That would be enough said.

But that's no fun. A few months ago Herman was filling in on Neil Boortz's radio show. He brushed off a caller asking about auditing the Fed (29Dec2010):

But then a few weeks later uploads this disingenuous web blog (26Jan2011):

(Natalie Merchant WTF!?)

Just recently, he was in the news for saying he wouldn't appoint a Muslim to his administration. Now this is why main stream news media is worthless. Who cares if he would appoint a Muslim or not. But he says he wouldn't because he wants people who are "totally committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of this United States". And that's BULLSHIT.

Cain doesn't care about the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

Where in the Constitution does it authorize the Federal Reserve? Cain strongly supports the Patriot Act even though violates the Bill of Rights. The Declaration of Independence says that ALL MEN have inalienable rights, yet he's perfectly okay with Bush and Obama suspending habeas corpus and the rule of law in the so called war on terror.
    Any reporter or news journalist worth his salt would be pushing that as the story. But instead we have a ministry of truth who's only job is to disseminate the left/right paradigm.
    Bottom line, Cain is a fraud. He panders to the simple country folk and plays dumb with a "common sense" approach and simpleton reasoning. And never trust a black man that listens to Natalie Merchant.
    Brushed off the caller? He gave like a 3 minute answer. Whats wrong with being on the board of the federal reserve? One of my best clients was on the board for a while. Cain is a successful businessman with good ideas. Obviously you are just a dumb racist. I just don't understand how someone can be so stupid that they don't trust a black man because of a song he listens to.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

I hate republicans but Ron Paul is very good and i would vote for him.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I think OP needs to realize that the Pres doesn't control gas prices.... and cutting taxes for businesses encourages not only expansion/hiring, but also encourages businesses to come to/stay in the state. No businesses= no jobs= no middle class
    Keep repeating that.. Maybe it will become truth....

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Rush Limbaugh, you ditto-heads!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Abraham Lincoln would be my choice.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    Plenty of "good" Republicans right now... Jindal, Rubio, etc.

Great would be Reagan.
    Agree; Rubio would be my current pick.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ron Paul

12 Last