Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

Freckin Upset - Lifetime Warranty my As

I won't say the manufacturer's name (rhymes with Frigid), but four years ago, I paid the long dollar for a guarateed for life sump pump. Each spring since I purchased said sump pump, I have had to replace said pump because the float switch has failed, thus (luckily only partially) flooding my finished basement. Last year, I lost my Bose 901 speakers that were on the floor (I know, stupid me).

Now, I've been slighty pizzed that I've had the mess to clean up. I've struggled on how to pull the pump, return it to the store, and replace the pump while my basement was bascially flooding while I was working on it. I've even been able to sell my boss on the fact that three years running, I've had "flooding" issues due to my "guaranteed for life" FRIGID sump pump. Of course I get the "FRIDGID SUMP PUMP again? sarcastic question... But I've dealt with it thru joking, ribbing and of course a couple of very timely receipts for replacement guaranteed for life FRIDID Sump pumps.

So this morning, as I am ready to walk out the door to go "solve problems for my clients", I hear this grinding, growling nasty sound coming from my basement. First thought... No.. Not Guaranteed for life FRIDGID Sump Pump, first thought is: Shit, I didn't realize my mother-in-law was here... So I grabbed my .357 Mag and went running into the basement, fully expecting to find this horendous beast that I had to sleigh...

Nope... What I found, to my absolute amazement, was a smoking, stuck in the on postition, Guaranteed for life FRIDGID Sump Pump, getting ready to burn down my house. You have no idea how much inner strength it took not to unload that .357 Mag into that sump pump pit.

Now, as I've gone thru this drill (now 4 years running), I know the drill. I know the tools I need. I go straight to the garage and within minutes, I am drenched in sweat and "sump pump" aroma. I have that Guaranteed for life FRIDGID sump pump yanked, I have my standby portable in place and I'm off to the BIG BOX Store for my fourth Guaranteed replacement (in four years) at NO CHARGE. On the way there, I'm thinking of how I'm going to just light these sum beaches up, and then I realize, just wouldn't be right. Just not their fault. After all, year after year, they just keep giving me another $180.00 sump pump with a big ol smile on their face and a "Hope your days gets better from here... Have a nice day!"

As I am working out my exchange, this cute little redhead store clerk with a really nice butt says: "yeah and did ya notice, they changed their warranty to a three year guarantee now?".... Fury... Just straight Fury... Hold, Hold, not her fault,,, Not her fault...

Well, good thing she was cute and had a nice butt (and again, not really her fault). Smiled, said thanks, see you again bout this time next year... If my house hasn't completely flooded or burnt to the ground by then.

Tried to call "FRIDGID" sump pump Co today. I really thought their customer service group should hear how I think "They are doin". Received a bunch of prompts. Will try again tomorrow.

I'm not happy with my guaranteed for life "FRIDGID" sump pump, and some how, some way, the FRIDGID Sump pump Co is going to hear my story.

As a FYI, I would steer clear of the FRIDGID Sump Pump Companys product.
    Last edited by Poppa K; 03-28-11 at 09:50 PM.