InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Sonos Music System

I keep hearing about this Sonos wireless music system when I listen to Pandora and you can stream music to this speaker system from an iPhone and connect different rooms and all that.

Anyone ever use it? Sounds pretty awesome. Like a Bose sound dock but wireless.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking of getting this for myself

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Technology is effin amazing. Looks incredible!

And there is a free iPhone and iPad app that let's you use them as the remote.
    Last edited by InTheDrink; 03-25-11 at 04:05 PM.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, it is

http://www.sonos.com/Default.aspx?rd...&LangType=1033

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Most the reviews I've read have been positive and say its worth the price.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I keep hearing about this Sonos wireless music system when I listen to Pandora and you can stream music to this speaker system from an iPhone and connect different rooms and all that.

Anyone ever use it? Sounds pretty awesome. Like a Bose sound dock but wireless.
    i like bose but never tried that

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I suggest you go to any audio forum and ask what their opinions of Bose are.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Not sure if thats directed to me or oiler but I suspect that people in here are more like me than people in audio forums. I don't have any kind of sophisticated setup now so I'm sure this would be a major step up for me. Sounds amazing....just good to hear If it's legit.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Just finished building a custom home for some people that had this installed throughout the house. It is amazing!
    They can listen to different music in any room they choose and all done from there phone or ipad.
    Pick any album you know ( all but the Beatles and maybe 1 or 2 others)and you can play the whole album or any song or whatever you like.
    When testing it they asked me to pick any album and song ,I picked Cream- Strange Brew(about 1968).It was playing within 10 seconds!
    Was told it is about 12.00 a month for the service but I can not confirm that.
    Just do not go cheap on the speakers.Cheap speakers sound horrible.Theirs were nice.
    Hope that helps.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Sounds like it's amazing. Thanks for the info. What about the S5 speaker? Anyone know how good the sound is? I could get a few of those and it would suit me fine for my place if they're good quality like a sound dock. They look just like a sound dock without the dock.