Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Anyone have or have used google tv?

I am looking at the Logitech Revue. Anyone have any input or opinion on it? Is there a better product out there ? Is it even worth the 279? Pts for the most helpful.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope you got a good internet connection

Sdotbold
    Update your status

i have cable internet. 12 mb download, 3mb upload is the usual speed when i test it. I mean regular home cable internet is fine? or is it slow when u use it and you need to have something else?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    i have cable internet. 12 mb download, 3mb upload is the usual speed when i test it. I mean regular home cable internet is fine? or is it slow when u use it and you need to have something else?
    that should suffice. but take into consideration that whatever you are streaming will depend on how loaded the server is from where you are pulling it.

i was talking to a friend yesterday about ufc streaming on facebook. he wants to stream it from his ps3 to his tv. i told him thats all fine and dandy but on a saturday night im sure FB is already loaded so when something like ufc is streaming it will put a taxing on their server. also take into consideration that some sites (abc, cbs, hulu) are blocking google tv.

my advice is to look around say on cnet and see what people are saying about it other options.
    Points Awarded:

Sdotbold gave blackbeSSt 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

everything i've read about it sounds like not much content available as of yet.
    i'd hold off for a bit until more content becomes available or a new version comes out.
    the first generation is never the best one

Sdotbold
    Update your status

Thanks