EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Bosses Are Absolutely Full of Shit

I work for a small business started by two people who had no experience in this industry in a rural area of Texas. I was unemployed at the time I got this job, but it was in the industry I was experienced in.

They constantly make shit business decisions. Case in point. They have been looking for a sales manager for pretty much the year and a half I have been here. They finally found someone with experience who had done this sort of work in a larger market. He comes in and blows it up, gets them money left and right like they DESPERATELY wanted.

Now fast forward a month or so into this and they want to get rid of the guy because he's "too big city" for them. So they're now going to go back to not getting advertising for this business again with an inexperienced person because he doesn't fit their "image" of being a rural little business.

WTF?

They try to sell this as a "caring/community" business, but bottom line as they have stated many times - it's about MAKING money and they're making more than they have made since I started with this sales guy and they are going to dump him ....

Needed to vent. If I could find another job today, I would. I need to just get into a new industry, this one blows after being in it for years. Have been looking forever because these idiots are going to run this thing into the ground sooner or later.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

That sucks especially when you can do nothing about it

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Start you own business since you are such a smart/witty/exciting guy

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep..it's their business.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Start you own business since you are such a smart/witty/exciting guy
    I resemble one third of that. Maybe if I quadruple my bankroll this weekend in the NCAAs.

EaglesPhan36

Fukking epic fail continues. The guy they had lined up to be their "solution" to the outsider who didn't fit as their sales guy doesn't want the job.

I don't know how this place hasn't gone under with the great decision making that takes place daily. Swear to Jeebus I could run this thing with half the energy they take to fukk it up every day. At least it gives me some stupid stories to spin online and bitch about eh?

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

See, hearing about stuff like this makes me wonder why it's so hard for most people to start a business... I suppose the biggest hurdle is money and getting enough to invest in a business. I wonder if you could join up with the "big city" guy, form another business, and annihilate these guys.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

some people think they can do whatever they want and anything they do will work.. but unfortunately it doesn't work like that

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Bottom line is it's their business and they can **** it up any way they want. I would think you'd feel a little bit of gratitude for them hiring you when you were unemployed. But I guess better option is to focus on bitching about them.

Phats1313
    Phats1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5059

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    some people think they can do whatever they want and anything they do will work.. but unfortunately it doesn't work like that
    Quote FTW!

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i work in a warehouse and these clowns will make us stand around and do nothing for an hour or two some nights. now this doesnt sound bad to many but we work a lot of hours and its a demanding job so those of us who want to leave early dont like it one bit. i mean if people want to go home and not get paid and u dont need them then why the hell would u keep them at work and pay them to do nothing. and when i say do nothing i mean sit on are ass and do nothing. just goes into your vent about businesses doing things that are not profitable.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

You need to move on from that job....

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Find your own thing, and give Bartles and James the boot.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Bottom line is it's their business and they can **** it up any way they want. I would think you'd feel a little bit of gratitude for them hiring you when you were unemployed. But I guess better option is to focus on bitching about them.
    In all honesty, if I knew how bat shit crazy it would be here ... I would have stayed unemployed - no lie. It's not like I'm getting paid a ton of money. I don't even get any benefits here. Have to pay for my own healthcare. Just a shitty industry that I need to be done with, but trying to find a new industry to get involved in has been a mind fukk.

I just don't understand how you can keep making the same mistakes in a business over and over and not understand what you're doing wrong.

constrictor
    constrictor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1473

what do you sell?

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

sounds like its time for bar tending school! I'm looking for an excuse myself.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17372

is there a reason they won't hire you to do the job of the big city slicker?

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going through the same thing at my job...im surrounded by fukking morons and their shitty business ideas...all the while being cheaper then ever...i know the economys in a rut but danm these guys are taking it too the extreme

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough world out here today

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

just crazy ness everyday

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

If you have some attitude, you should become a bill collector. Pays a decent wage. The best thing I like about it is if the economy is good, people will pay. If the economy goes bad, you get more accounts, and still have a decent amount of people paying. Nothing like sitting on your ass for 40 hours a week, being rude to people, and getting a commission check.

EaglesPhan36

Another Groundhog Day day today. Guy got "hired" on Monday with no experience because he liked what my boss does .... let go today. This is about the 5th person hired for this position in the last 6-8 months that has been hired & let go in a similar manner. Seriously ... how do you not see the pattern here?!

To give a little background without revealing too much, I work in broadcasting. You simply cannot hire some dipshit off the street to be a DJ because he likes music.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Dude, I know how you feel. At the place I work at we ran out of regular coffee and were ordered to serve all our customers decaf. There is a supermarket literally across the street.

Also the worst experienced server I've ever worked with is close personal friends with the owner and gets the plum schedule. Not only has she pissed off numerous customers and co-workers, she actually injured someone with a swinging door like a moron.

And that's just the tip of the stupidity iceberg.

EaglesPhan36

I listen to the "braintrust" talking all afternoon and what sucks is I've got plenty of experience in this industry, they have a couple years and things they talk about every day are things that fukking freshman in college in communications know & would know how to troubleshoot and/or avoid altogether. Jesus H. Christoballa. Stupid is as stupid does sir.

EaglesPhan36

As the Worm Turns ...

Bosses rehire guy that they talked plenty of shit about when he left due to health concerns. This comes about a week after boss says "changes" will be taking place in that they won't be spending money on hiring people for a while.

OVER-UNDER is 6 weeks before he leaves for some reason. Most likely because the "braintrust" will piss him off due to their ridiculousness.

EaglesPhan36

And a day later + a couple weeks after letting go of the sales manager, they cannot afford to hire the guy ... payroll this week? They might not even make that. Fukking morons. Cannot get out of here soon enough.

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I resemble one third of that. Maybe if I quadruple my bankroll this weekend in the NCAAs.
    Good luck with that! It depends what kind of business you want to start if you chose a small investment business maybe you could afford it without quadroplying your bankroll.

PDW
    PDW's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should be thankful you have a job. If you are so fuking smart you would have a job where you are the boss.

EaglesPhan36

In this economy, I am lucky to have a job - but unemployment is more enticing . I got laid off of a job that paid better and I was "in charge". Since then, it's been a desert except for this BS. Like I said before, need to change industries or start my own thing - which is in the works, but will take a while.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Sounds like a shitty situation.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

line up some investors and buy them out or go into business against them