B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Final tables

ive watched a few of the final tables at the sbr poker tournies...people are terrible. I've seen atleast 20-25 people just get blinded/push all in when they have less than 1 BB(and i don't mean after losing a huge pot either).

At the final table you can't wait for a premium hand. If you get one, great but when i see someone enter final table with like 20k and blinds are like 1k/2k and 20 mins later their all in, its just terrible.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

why tell them?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    why tell them?
    well they are not gna adjust anyway. why not.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    well they are not gna adjust anyway. why not.
    i made two final tables in the first week of the tourney. first one I did just as you described, but second I got much looser and lost that way. you just have to be lucky i guess. thanks for the advice on here, some of us are just learning to play online poker, and this tournament is a great way to do it IMO. I'll take all the advice anyone wants to give me...with a grain of salt of course.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

its a crapshoot otherwise known as bingo when u get to ft . i just saw mickman play beautiful he schooled the situation when he had the nut flush and played to great .congrats mm

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by mvp123 View Post
    its a crapshoot otherwise known as bingo when u get to ft . i just saw mickman play beautiful he schooled the situation when he had the nut flush and played to great .congrats mm
    very nice play by him.

final table has some luck to for sure, but alot of people aren't increasing their stacks effectively before final table. People are content with push/folding it appears late but they don't need to be.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

delete this sh*t big.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

my tourney friday had 5 people left, me, 2 people that already qualified and 2 people that didnt. i was stuck right in between the 2 that had already qualified. worst. possible. seat.

i ended up getting blinded down to shit. i also called alot preflop for alot of my chips from a button raise and was shipping any non ace flop. but that ace came im pretty fukkin dumb at it i know... i still dont know if i shouldve folded or went all in but i called

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

You have to make some reads and pick your spots.Luck plays a roll as well,but you definetely need to pick up chips before you get to final table,short stacked.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I suck donkey dick at poker. I'll be the first to admit it. Take advantage of me when I get to a final table w/ you.

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Its weird that the final tables are tight, because people are pretty donkish early. You'd think a few would get through at least.

Proper play at the final table is tough. You have to pick your spots and try to at least stay even every round. However, shoving allin with >4 blinds is also a bad idea.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    delete this sh*t big.
    im just tryna be helpful.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

ya know I would generally agree with you but I think there are two major factors here that make it push/fold tourney:

1) The tourney structure is very fast and small chips. (if I am not mistaken in the FT we played in, there was only two that made it there with more than 10xBB)
    2) There are too many land mines in this poker room that will call all of their chips off with any two cards so you have to have a hand to enter a pot.

Mix this with some good players and if you are not in the right spot with the right hand, it does not make sense to play loose when you are a micro stack.

That all said, playing down to 1-3 BB is a pretty extreme.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    ya know I would generally agree with you but I think there are two major factors here that make it push/fold tourney: 1) The tourney structure is very fast and small chips. (if I am not mistaken in the FT we played in, there was only two that made it there with more than 10xBB) 2) There are too many land mines in this poker room that will call all of their chips off with any two cards so you have to have a hand to enter a pot. Mix this with some good players and if you are not in the right spot with the right hand, it does not make sense to play loose when you are a micro stack. That all said, playing down to 1-3 BB is a pretty extreme.
    i never said it might not be push/fold i said people are being blinded out or finally pushing when anyone at the table HAS to call because they have next to no chips.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

agreed, no argument there.

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

What do you expect? Its pretty much like a free roll.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

< 10 BB find your spot and shove, standard play....

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

ya but... apparently SBR's blinds system change is set at donkey mode. Meaning not enough hands to choose from before having to just shove. Sooner or later ull see a the final table where the chipleader only has 10 big blinds. Its an all in donkshove fest. And final tables are only achieved by 1 lucky pro and 9 total donks. Mark my work on this... even playing premium hands i get busted out because some1 hit river set or turns an ace to my overpair.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
    ya but... apparently SBR's blinds system change is set at donkey mode. Meaning not enough hands to choose from before having to just shove. Sooner or later ull see a the final table where the chipleader only has 10 big blinds. Its an all in donkshove fest. And final tables are only achieved by 1 lucky pro and 9 total donks. Mark my work on this... even playing premium hands i get busted out because some1 hit river set or turns an ace to my overpair.
    every final table ive been at, big stack has had atleast 15 big blinds.

People need to realize im not saying you shouldnt be in push/fold because you have to for the most part because it is in fact a turbo. but alot of people are just getting blinded down to 1bb instead of pushign with 5bb's when they atleast have fold equity.

RudyRuetigger

i really blew it today.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i really blew it today.
    Yup!!!!!!!!!!
    you lost your patience,and i do not know why
    You did many questionable moves unecesarily.
    Anyway, gg, an i hope to play with you again

RudyRuetigger

going to create a thread on the hand

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldysnuts44 View Post
    You have to make some reads and pick your spots.Luck plays a roll as well,but you definetely need to pick up chips before you get to final table,short stacked.
    this has been my problem all along i guess, I made four final tables so far and only one was with a good stack. I should be loosening up a table back so if I get to FT I'll at least be able to meet some blinds before I have to shove my whole stack. believe it or not, some people have never played poker before and never thought it out like this, I appreciate the advice. i guess I'll be a loose cannon for sure if 'big glitch "delete this shit" help noone learn' is at the table...