darys
    darys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5435

chip me up for the royal flush

As a royal flush hitter and SBR tournament winner, I am looking for poker staking.

This is my plan.

I will play every poker tournament plus cash games at least 3 hours a day for the rest of the month.

A rough calculation give me this result. Say, I play 3 hands in a minute times 60 min/hour times 3 hours per day times 2 tables on average I play at the same time, times 20 days for the rest of the month.
    That's 3*60*3*2*20=21,600. Based on the odds of hitting a royal flush about 1/30,000, it is almost certain that I will hit another one.

In order to cover the racks I have to pay, I need you guys help.

So for each point you give to me in this thread, I will pay you 5 times as much if I hit a royal flush. So say your stake is 100 points and if I get 5000 royal flush points, your share is 500 points.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Couldnt we just sit at a table for the same amount of time, and hit the Royal ourselves and get the whole 5000 chips?

darys

Good question. The problem is with limited chips you have, you can only sit there for a short time before being blinded out in the cash game. And I have 5000+ chips ready to play whole time. That dramatically increase the chance of hitting a royal flush.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by darys View Post
    As a royal flush hitter and SBR tournament winner, I am looking for poker staking.

A rough calculation give me this result. Say, I play 3 hands in a minute times 60 min/hour times 3 hours per day times 2 tables on average I play at the same time, times 20 days for the rest of the month.

That's 3*60*3*2*20=21,600. Based on the odds of hitting a royal flush about 1/30,000, it is almost certain that I will hit another one.

In order to cover the racks I have to pay, I need you guys help.

So for each point you give to me in this thread, I will pay you 5 times as much if I hit a royal flush. So say your stake is 100 points and if I get 5000 royal flush points, your share is 500 points.
    1. You couldn't come close to averaging 3 hands a minute on 2 tables, especially on full tables, the play is generally slow.

2. Odds of yourself making a Royal are 1 in 649,740.00, I'm assuming the 1 in 30,000 is some sort of permutation of being at a table where one is hit? The fault with this logic presumes that every hand is dealt to the river and that every person with a card or cards that could make a royal around the table go all the way to showdown with their hand.

darys

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    1. You couldn't come close to averaging 3 hands a minute on 2 tables, especially on full tables, the play is generally slow.

2. Odds of yourself making a Royal are 1 in 649,740.00, I'm assuming the 1 in 30,000 is some sort of permutation of being at a table where one is hit? The fault with this logic presumes that every hand is dealt to the river and that every person with a card or cards that could make a royal around the table go all the way to showdown with their hand.

1. we are talking about on average. And It is rough calculation. I get many more hands when I play heads-up. And 2 hands or 4 hands per minutes won't change the order of the magnitude of our results.

2. 1 in 649,740 is the odds of flopping a royal flush. That's the odds of getting a royal flush for 5-card draw or out of 5 cards. In texas holdem. The odds of getting a royal flush is 1 in 30940 for a single person.
    Plus I will get 5000 points for any players on the table hitting a royal flush. The odds will be 10 times bigger. It didn't count that in because as you said not every hand goes to show down. So that I already assumed 1 out 10 hands would go to show down.

In conclusion, it is very likely I will hit another royal flush if I play 3 hours every day.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

1. we are talking about on average. And It is rough calculation. I get many more hands when I play heads-up. And 2 hands or 4 hands per minutes won't change the order of the magnitude of our results.

2. 1 in 649,740 is the odds of flopping a royal flush. That's the odds of getting a royal flush for 5-card draw or out of 5 cards. In texas holdem. The odds of getting a royal flush is 1 in 30940 for a single person.
    Plus I will get 5000 points for any players on the table hitting a royal flush. The odds will be 10 times bigger. It didn't count that in because as you said not every hand goes to show down. So that I already assumed 1 out 10 hands would go to show down.

In conclusion, it is very likely I will hit another royal flush if I play 3 hours every day.
    ok and i bet the cubs will win a world series too lol

darys

bump. so no one interested?

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Are you taking odds against this and if so, can you take a transfer on another site?

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play 4000 hands a week like clockwork and I have NEVER been dealt or seen a royal at my table.

Some people go a lifetime without being dealt one.