QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Continuation bet goes bad

This hand is from last night, although that probably isn't important since it seems like stuff like this happens every time I play.

Small stakes no limit full ring game. Reads: Villain is LAG and has shown some really weak hands. I've been card dead so if anybody has been paying attention they'd assume I am a total rock.

I'm early with AQo; first in with a standard 4X big blind raise. Villain cold calls, one other overcall, big blind overcalls. Four to the flop.

The flop is 10,7,3 all clubs and I don't have any. BB checks, I bet half pot, villain raises me 3X my bet, everybody folds back to me. What do I do?

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your me you sure fold. In fact, if your me, you don't make that flop bet into three players.

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate these situations myself, they do seem to happen often.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by MrX
    If your me you sure fold. In fact, if your me, you don't make that flop bet into three players.
    I agree... If you get four cold calls behind you and get a scary board I don't even take a shot at this pot having to act first... One of them has to have something and you have ace high... On the other hand if you only get one or two callers I think it is almost manitory that you take a shot on the flop...

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrX
    In fact, if your me, you don't make that flop bet into three players.
    Yes, in the clear light of day, I feel the same way; I was probably impatient from being card dead for so long. I folded to the raise. I was bothered for quite a while because I couldn't help feeling that the LAG had blown me off my hand with nothing. After this hand, over the course of the session I saw a number of cases where the villain showed down suited cards, so I'm pretty confident that my fold was the right play.

Later on I got my money back from the villain when I made the same move and he reraised me again. This time I had flopped a set and there wasn't a 3-flush, so I repopped him. It was his turn to fold.