poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing drives me crazier than poker forums

More specifically, twoplustwo. Unfukkin real. You can't understand a goddamn thing because 14yr olds fill the threads with some stupid ass joke followed by 25 LOLZ and/or other stupid jokes related to it.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 2+2 forum is full of a bunch of trolling fukking morons who think they are smart and in reality are retarded.

They apply concepts of variance and such where they have no business belonging. Id like to smash some of their little faces, those fools can be so infuriating

poker_dummy101

ldo
    but how much did you lose
    bing blang blaow

the shit goes on and on and seems to be the answer for every post, whichever the "catchy" term to use at the time is.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yeah...I can't stand the nut riding that goes on in these forums. There are some good players on these forums but there are also some pretty bad ones. I've gotten more out of sweating sessions w/ friends and hand review over skype & mikogo than I have w/ poker forums.

chunkem33
    chunkem33's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah 2plus2 is a bunch of ****ing idiots and pocketfives is full of wanna be pros,just because one pro came from there or posts there dont meant you are all ****ing pros you morons.there are some poker forums that are ok like pokerspace and a few others but thats about it,but they are filled with bitching and moaning at each other and always drama going on about how one member beat the other out with a donk hand.it never ends.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like this forum in general....

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you stick to the real sub-sections of 2+2 that are actually about poker, you will find a FEW threads with good analysis of hands and good advice from professional players. BUT for the most part 4chan and ebaumsworld have infested the site with lolcats and retarded-unfunny internet/poker memes. I still go to 2+2 in the various NL/PLO sub sections and I still go in the retard-infested NVG section just to see the high stakes action. 2+2 was much better 2 years ago and even better 5 years ago, but like many popular internet sites all it takes is one 4channer on the forum to get a few laughs and then its all downhill from there. It turns into idiocracy of the internet.

poker_dummy101

And the problem is, almost all of the poker players go there. You would think they'd atleast keep the internet gambling subforum somewhat clean. They have a place specifically for the idiots: OOT, NVG, and BBV.. yet they still make their way to every other subforum.

I heard mods do not get paid there (its more of an honor...not sure if this is still true), but you can sure tell it doesn't look like they do. Also, they do have a few good threads every once in a while in the actual poker theory subforums, but for the most part all the good people left and strictly post on their coaching site. I had left a while ago due to many of the factors stated in this thread, but thought I'd go check it out last night to see what they were saying about UIGEA and

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Twoplustwo has gradually gotten worse over the years, and Mason Malmuth seems intent on alienating everyone he comes into contact with. That said, I think there's value in the site. The B&M, NVG, and Las Vegas Lifestyle forums are good for finding out info in the poker world. Even though the quality of responses in the strat forums is all over the map, I've always felt that I learned more by thinking about a hand and posting a fully thought-out response rather than just going through pages of responses like "bet flop" or "fold river" or something like that.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

try hitting her
    but how much did you lose?
    lol donkaments
    first
    tldr

You're preaching to the choir pd101. My throat clenches up whenever I think about the amount of ignorance, tired out internet memes, uninspiring photoshop threads, and general hate that is contained there. The best bet is to stick to the sub forums but even then they are not immune to this influence.

The quality of posts has certainly gone downhill. I think it's due to poker getting more popular and it attracting the general population of young alienated males that find community in the forums. If I was advising someone new to go there I would say read the stickies in the sub forums and buy yourself membership on a training site participating in strategy forums only. Anything else is a waste of time.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    try hitting her
    but how much did you lose?
    lol donkaments
    first
    tldr

You're preaching to the choir pd101. My throat clenches up whenever I think about the amount of ignorance, tired out internet memes, uninspiring photoshop threads, and general hate that is contained there. The best bet is to stick to the sub forums but even then they are not immune to this influence.

The quality of posts has certainly gone downhill. I think it's due to poker getting more popular and it attracting the general population of young alienated males that find community in the forums. If I was advising someone new to go there I would say read the stickies in the sub forums and buy yourself membership on a training site participating in strategy forums only. Anything else is a waste of time.
    tl;dr

Kidding! But I must admit I go on 4chan at least once a month for a good laugh. I really enjoy the first four or five minutes I spend there. Around minute 7 or 8 though, I have to get the **** out of there or I'll go insane. Hehehe.

I've never considered paying for a training site, as I sense intuitively those are get-rich-quick schemes for some Ahole "Pro" who has been on TV. No? I'll admit I've not actually given it a fair chance for this reason. What can you get off that that you can't get simply from playing the game and reading up on it (books, forums, etc)? Is it expensive? Got any personal stories?

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by poker_dummy101 View Post
    And the problem is, almost all of the poker players go there. You would think they'd atleast keep the internet gambling subforum somewhat clean. They have a place specifically for the idiots: OOT, NVG, and BBV.. yet they still make their way to every other subforum.

I heard mods do not get paid there (its more of an honor...not sure if this is still true), but you can sure tell it doesn't look like they do. Also, they do have a few good threads every once in a while in the actual poker theory subforums, but for the most part all the good people left and strictly post on their coaching site. I had left a while ago due to many of the factors stated in this thread, but thought I'd go check it out last night to see what they were saying about UIGEA and
    Gonna share what you learned about the UIGEA, or are we damned to have to go find out for ourselves?