Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Poker Stars Volume

I don't know how Poker Stars became so big volume wise and huge tourney's. Most of the famous and popular pro's are with Full Tilt.

I still don't understand why people continue to use/play on Poker Stars, this is one of the worst River sites ever. Also I have never seen such crap hands beating premium hands. Pre-flop raises and these newbies call or go All-in. I don't play this site anymore, but my buddy still plays it. He came in 2nd on a few tourney's, but I laugh at him when he gets beat by crap hands, but he continues to play there. I guess the only benefit playing at PS is there's such huge and variety of Tourney's/games, Pts, and they are a very safe site, which you will always get paid.

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

i used to play on poker stars a lot but have been away for a while. I got refunded once from there though because people got caught cheating.

dentry
    dentry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had lot of bad experiences at poker stars , in a span of 30 hands I lost nearly 600$, twice with AA once with KK

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The site doesnt create the bad beats. I play there and i used to think i was getting screwed but it just happens. I have had some horrible beats on full tilt as well.

Phightin' Phils
    Phightin' Phils's Avatar Become A Pro!

youre nuts, stars is the absolute best site for tournies, tilt is in such a distant second place

JohnnyDr@ma
    JohnnyDr@ma's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol at calling stars a river site, they obviously do that on purpose loooooool

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

stars is great

RazzFan
    RazzFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

OP asks why Pokerstars is so much bigger than Full Tilt. One reason is Stars started in Late 2001, while Full Tilt was later entering the scene, not until Summer 2004. Also for whatever reason, Pokerstars saw the largest increase in players once PartyPoker closed all US accounts in Oct 2006.
    There are definitely no more bad beats there than any other site. If you want fast cashouts and one of the most reliable rooms, they are great. However you do pay for that service, in that they lack alot of promotions and bonuses of other card rooms.

Skaramouche
    Skaramouche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

never played at Stars but have definately experienced many bad beats on every site that i have played and in live games too. bad beats just happen, especially when you are holding only a single pair like AA-QQ

not a surprise at all, someone might call you with 2 high cards and hit 2 pair or with small pair and hit trips. happens all the time. thats why you dont go all in preflop even with AA unless you absolutely have to. make a decent raise and see the flop then go from there, much safer.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

i liked the variety at PS but I also noticed a lot of interesting outcomes to hands... and it happened a LOT

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

PPoker Stars is the biggest joke but the variety makes it worth to play

soaked in sweat
    AXE DRY!!!
    soaked in sweat's Avatar Become A Pro!

the best part of pokerstars is the huge tourneys.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

the best part is omaha and sit n go tourneys

Phightin' Phils
    Phightin' Phils's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^ doesnt every site have omaha and sng tournys?