poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to quit poker

Too much stress/makes me too mad. After 6 years of grinding the shit is wearing on me. Good thing I didn't quit college and have a degree.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Yeah can't do the online grind only play live and do well here

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

stay away from full tilt

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tons of places to play for free with no risk if you look around.

JohnnyDr@ma
    JohnnyDr@ma's Avatar Become A Pro!

sucks

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by poker_dummy101 View Post
    Too much stress/makes me too mad. After 6 years of grinding the shit is wearing on me. Good thing I didn't quit college and have a degree.
    Take some break/rest and come back stronger.
    Last edited by Czu81; 04-16-10 at 07:01 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    stay away from full tilt
    Is there something fishy with FT? Although I think I remember hearing at one point they got busted for something but can't remember what at the moment.

That's the only one I can find that I can play on my Mac.

And yeah poker_dummy: I don't think I'd last long if was only playing online day in and day out. Besides dealing with the donks, just the sheer lack of interaction would make me go nuts after awhile.

Hope everything works out for the best for you!!

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Take a break, and reassess.

You'll come back. Just don't go crazy with it.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You see P.D.101 the lucky ones don't understand the luck factor involved or they will never admit it, either way it is a hopeless cause

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    stay away from full tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Is there something fishy with FT? Although I think I remember hearing at one point they got busted for something but can't remember what at the moment.

That's the only one I can find that I can play on my Mac.

And yeah poker_dummy: I don't think I'd last long if was only playing online day in and day out. Besides dealing with the donks, just the sheer lack of interaction would make me go nuts after awhile.

Hope everything works out for the best for you!!
    Full Tilt may be in legal trouble, but not for anything to do with rigging the games.

FWIW I ran like death on full tilt and win consistently on stars.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to start coaching .

Seriously though change games/take a break. Go play some live cash and laugh.

Margin Walker
    Margin Walker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1255

Definitely a grind

Would never want to do it for a living. No medical coverage/pension etc etc. I play live now and then and have way more fun.

I still enjoy reading poker strategy books though

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

every time I run a bad streak, I go back to playing 2 sitngos at a time, completely skip the ring games... That usually gets me back on track..

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

taking a break myself i hate poker lol

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do not play with any of the PlayersOnly poker sites, they are thieves and liars

hope they all get something bad

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't quit, just take a break.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

i feel like I only tilt in cash games, lower limit cause you get some moronic play.. Tourneys you can sit back and wait for your spots and sit n gos are perfect for picking your spotss

poker_dummy101

alot of good advice in here.. i had been thinking about it for a year or two though and decided it was time for me to get away from it.

as for the coaching.. i tried to help my friends learn the basics but its of no use... especially in late stages of sngs where its push/fold

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poker is a warzone.

poker_dummy101

had me go back and look at stupid things ive done in the past

check this out: lost $1500 flipping one night

no wonder why i left fulltilt shortly after

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54...p-301-a-63995/

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you grind SNG's, mtt's or cash pd101?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Only time ive done a flip i had qq vs guys 8 2 and qq held up

just take a break dummy, small deposit and grind

poker_dummy101

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Did you grind SNG's, mtt's or cash pd101?
    started about 8 years ago...

first was losing at cash games on pokerroom.com

won a huge mtt on royal vegas poker (part of prima network at the time i believe??) but hardly ever played in mtts. won a good bit at their 5/10nl tables but blew a good portion of the money at sportsbetting

was still ignorant and clueless but won sngs at party poker and thats when i found 2+2 (and if anyone remembers, the tracking device was an excel program. you clicked a button to start it, click to stop, and write what place you finished) it did all the graphs and stuff.

went solely to cash games at fulltilt and more specifically heads up, did pretty well.

went to absolute to play limit poker 75/150 with not near enough of a bankroll.. killed alot of my bankroll again. (stupidest thing i ever did)

im not exactly sure how long after, but it was after that it was found out about the superusers.

i went to pokerstars for a bit, but the amount on fish at absolute were so much higher i stayed there.. won a good bit at 2/4 nl (funny, they had me up a huge amount on tableratings.. they redid their database and now im down like 5k lifetime somehow)

for the last few years ive been playing heads up cash and heads up sngs (more often turbo/ultra turbo husngs)

i was on 2+2 a very short period of time under this name because at the time my fulltilt name was the same.. figured it wasn't good for people to know who i am so from then on never used it again

---------------------------------------------

I just grinded all the time. When i got excessive money i took shots on not enough of a bankroll and/or blew it in sports which never got me to the point i needed to be back then. I also never went to any live events or even attempted to qualify (hate mtts)

magicbuck
    magicbuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yup. The ultimate grind....

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

what was your better game NL or Limit? You said you took a shot at 75/150 limit...Did you consistently play 25/50, 30/60, 50/100 before this or did you just take a huge lead and shot? Out of curiosity, how much overall profit did you have each year? What was your best and worst year and why? I understand if you can't/don't want to share this info, but it would be cool to know if you don't mind.

poker_dummy101

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    what was your better game NL or Limit? You said you took a shot at 75/150 limit...Did you consistently play 25/50, 30/60, 50/100 before this or did you just take a huge lead and shot? Out of curiosity, how much overall profit did you have each year? What was your best and worst year and why? I understand if you can't/don't want to share this info, but it would be cool to know if you don't mind.
    no limit by far is my best. i only played limit at AP. At the time, 5/10 games ran pretty well. 15/30 only 1 or 2 tables ran. hardly any 30/60 or 50/100 (i dont even remember the 50/100 tables.. surely they had some but i don't remember ever seeing or playing at one).

i had ran extremely well doing that for a few weeks and was up a great amount so i took a shot at the biggest game there and fell straight back. i still remember some of those fukkin hands and some of the players. i was really out of my league.

best year- somehow i ran like god at sportsbetting and won a huge amt
    worst year- the following year when i gave it all back

no number terms, but i was doing better than my degree. all the stupid up and down swings were early though.. like i said last few years ive just been grinding heads up for the most part(no rakeback fpps or anything like that )

OmgUrMom

no limit by far is my best. i only played limit at AP. At the time, 5/10 games ran pretty well. 15/30 only 1 or 2 tables ran. hardly any 30/60 or 50/100 (i dont even remember the 50/100 tables.. surely they had some but i don't remember ever seeing or playing at one).

i had ran extremely well doing that for a few weeks and was up a great amount so i took a shot at the biggest game there and fell straight back. i still remember some of those fukkin hands and some of the players. i was really out of my league.

best year- somehow i ran like god at sportsbetting and won a huge amt
    worst year- the following year when i gave it all back

no number terms, but i was doing better than my degree. all the stupid up and down swings were early though.. like i said last few years ive just been grinding heads up for the most part(no rakeback fpps or anything like that )
    what site have you been playing heads-up at? They have/had no bonus type program? What stakes had you been playing heads-up mainly? If you ever get bored you should post some of your interesting hands/analysis from your heads-up matches, I would die to see this from a steady pro. I would love to be a good heads-up player but I can't see to beat even the 50 and 100 NL heads up players on stars... I swear I rarely get a fish on stars, which means I'm the fish I guess.

So you never played any live poker whatsoever, including cash games?

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

poker rocks had a good week was down in money now im back

poker_dummy101

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    what site have you been playing heads-up at? They have/had no bonus type program? What stakes had you been playing heads-up mainly? If you ever get bored you should post some of your interesting hands/analysis from your heads-up matches, I would die to see this from a steady pro. I would love to be a good heads-up player but I can't see to beat even the 50 and 100 NL heads up players on stars... I swear I rarely get a fish on stars, which means I'm the fish I guess.

So you never played any live poker whatsoever, including cash games?
    i played all the big sites. i know most people hate ap because the cheating scandal but thats where i made the most. and yea you do get rakeback there and ftp, and fpps at stars but im just saying in general, you get nothing worthwhile playing heads up.

i know on ap when i played 6max you could easily get on the rake race leaderboard at TITN + your rakeback + reload bonuses + their absolute points for cash.

if you are having trouble beating 50nl i highly recommend signing up at deuces cracked for their HU videos. in the past i know you could sign up with a credit card and cancel after your free trial ended if you are limited on cash. obv there are illegal ways to go about getting the vids too.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Stoxpoker has several good videos too, some free some not.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Good to hear that you atleast have a degree. Must of been a rough few days/weeks/months at the tables.

Mantis
    Mantis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Take a good long break.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Take a good long break.
    That, and when you return playing, spend more of your time playing live. Live is so much more enjoyable and easy to beat.

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    That, and when you return playing, spend more of your time playing live. Live is so much more enjoyable and easy to beat.
    he said he is quitting, its not really viable to play professionally if you don't enjoy the game anymore and/or don't make a good living off of it.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had my share of big runs/big losses in poker and to me it's not worth it. Never know if your getting scammed or not.

12 Last