thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

The West is so Trash I haven't cashed there in months, but I'm still 9th place!

You gunna fix this finally Sammy?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

disaster series

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    disaster series
    Sammy needs to clean the standings up. I'm 7th (apparently) in the East, still listed in the West despite 20 posts and 5 pms to him. No response.

Not being a drama queen but clearly we will need an audit of the numbers, sams forgetting tourneys, leaving scores out, putting them in wrong regions, miscalculating totals.

thechaoz

Hoping Central gets drained from cheating so it's out of the public eye

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29982

What a mess

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    What a mess
    We are going to need a full audit.

Opti said his hands are tied with Sammy.

Seems he's off the rails, but sbr gave him a pet project, being poker, and it's getting ugly as we countdown to the final.

I've emailed, messged, posted.

Don't say we didn't try sbr. We've been chirping for weeks upon weeks about the standings.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Relax. Maybe Sammy isn’t feeling well.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47575

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Questions have been ignored/not answered for months and PMs/emails don't get answered.

The standings are a complete mess with some people listed in multiple regions with different scores and the series is winding down.

Those are the facts.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thechaoz

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Bro we've been hitting him up since late Septmeber. There is no relaxing and Sammy has been trash just straight keeping tabs. Can't even put the totals in the right order on his spreadsheet.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Questions have been ignored/not answered for months and PMs/emails don't get answered.

The standings are a complete mess with some people listed in multiple regions with different scores and the series is winding down.

Those are the facts.
    And there my friends, is the difference between a GOP voter and not. There is no alternative facts, recorded documents and recordings, tax returns, and law are not "fake news", and or what you "believe" doesn't make it so.

This is straight truth. Act accordingly.
    Last edited by thechaoz; 11-10-19 at 11:58 AM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    And there my friends, is the difference between a GOP voter and not. There is no alternative facts, recorded documents and recordings, tax returns, and law are not "fake news", and or what you "believe" doesn't make it so.

This is straight truth. Act accordingly.
    The truth is more nuanced than that. People are selective about the topics they're reasonable on; a person might be rational going through their work routine, but be willing to believe the dumbest things when it comes to poker or politics. Especially when it comes to politics; most people don't think beyond deciding whether they want a D or R in front of their name, and blindly voting for everyone who has that letter too, no matter how terrible they are. It's not even that crazy; for something complex like politics, few people want to spend time thinking about it deeply enough to understand it at even a basic level. It's much easier for people to not think about it, blindly trust some group and rationalize away any discrepancies.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    The truth is more nuanced than that. People are selective about the topics they're reasonable on; a person might be rational going through their work routine, but be willing to believe the dumbest things when it comes to poker or politics. Especially when it comes to politics; most people don't think beyond deciding whether they want a D or R in front of their name, and blindly voting for everyone who has that letter too, no matter how terrible they are. It's not even that crazy; for something complex like politics, few people want to spend time thinking about it deeply enough to understand it at even a basic level. It's much easier for people to not think about it, blindly trust some group and rationalize away any discrepancies.
    I've had this discussion for years. There are people who say, "I know really smart religious people".

I'd argue that something like magical god zombies, and your "belief" in them is a massive metric of intelligence. I have always failed to see that argument. It takes literally 10 minutes on google to discover when, how, and why we made up such things.

So to be "smart" , but completely and willfully ignorant on something so simple, is being unintelligent and reflects on your IQ.

There are plenty of talented and successfull "religious" people. Just because you made good money running car lots, doesn't mean you're highly intelligent. Crafty, hard working, a nack for sales? Sure.

Triple_D_Bet

I've had this discussion for years. There are people who say, "I know really smart religious people".

I'd argue that something like magical god zombies, and your "belief" in them is a massive metric of intelligence. I have always failed to see that argument. It takes literally 10 minutes on google to discover when, how, and why we made up such things.

So to be "smart" , but completely and willfully ignorant on something so simple, is being unintelligent and reflects on your IQ.

There are plenty of talented and successfull "religious" people. Just because you made good money running car lots, doesn't mean you're highly intelligent. Crafty, hard working, a nack for sales? Sure.
    The problem with that is there are plenty of successful engineers, scientists, etc. who demonstrably are capable of rational, logical thought when it comes to their chosen fields, who also believe in Invisible-Sky-Dad and the like. People inconsistently applying modes of thought isn't theoretical, it's something practically all of us do to various degrees. I don't have to look too far to find examples in myself, and I imagine most people would be able to find examples in their own behavior if did some self-reflection.

IQ isn't a particularly good measure of being logical either; at best, it represents skill with language, math and some narrowly-targeted reasoning. There are correlations between IQ and general ability to accept reality, but it's not foolproof.
    Unfortunately, the belief that this ISN'T the case is also widespread and causes a lot of undue animosity, leading people to believe others are intellectually incapable instead of just ignorant and getting in the way of actually changing anybody's mind.

thechaoz

The problem with that is there are plenty of successful engineers, scientists, etc. who demonstrably are capable of rational, logical thought when it comes to their chosen fields, who also believe in Invisible-Sky-Dad and the like. People inconsistently applying modes of thought isn't theoretical, it's something practically all of us do to various degrees. I don't have to look too far to find examples in myself, and I imagine most people would be able to find examples in their own behavior if did some self-reflection.

IQ isn't a particularly good measure of being logical either; at best, it represents skill with language, math and some narrowly-targeted reasoning. There are correlations between IQ and general ability to accept reality, but it's not foolproof.
    Unfortunately, the belief that this ISN'T the case is also widespread and causes a lot of undue animosity, leading people to believe others are intellectually incapable instead of just ignorant and getting in the way of actually changing anybody's mind.
    Interesting. In the field of applied sciences, there is almost zero religiousity,though it's there.

I know the Chemical engineering of chemical engineers has a anon survey every year and most describe themselves as agnostic or athiest. (mid 90s)

That's a pretty specific field. I also suspect like most, they "believe", but really aren't devote, follow it that close, and occasional go to church and talk to their food during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Literally.....talk to their food.

OOF

Triple_D_Bet

Interesting. In the field of applied sciences, there is almost zero religiousity,though it's there.

I know the Chemical engineering of chemical engineers has a anon survey every year and most describe themselves as agnostic or athiest. (mid 90s)

That's a pretty specific field. I also suspect like most, they "believe", but really aren't devote, follow it that close, and occasional go to church and talk to their food during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Literally.....talk to their food.

OOF
    People may be raised as something and consider themselves belonging to that group without thinking much about it. I know I've met plenty of people who grew up around cards and consdier themselves good poker players

thechaoz

People may be raised as something and consider themselves belonging to that group without thinking much about it. I know I've met plenty of people who grew up around cards and consdier themselves good poker players
    It's true. I'm a intellectually curious person. I always want to know who/what/where/when/why/how. It's why I was drawn to Science, Math, Technology, Biology, etc.

Fortunately for me, those also lead to truths about the World, no matter what people "believe".

The lady is taking these College courses on how people learn and it's really interesting. For some, ingorance is bliss.

I remember being like 8 at my Uncle Bob's who's Italian and "devout" but drank heavily, cussed, cheated, the whole bit. I was 8, I wasn't judging, had no opinions or politics unless it was GI Joe or WWF.

Thanksgiving Dinner, everyone is sitting around praying to the Turkey

Me: "Uncle Bob, who are you talking to?"

Bob: "Jesus, who do you think"

Me: "Yes, did you buy that Turkey with your money?"

Bob: "Yes of course"

Me: "You earned that money with your job right?"

Bob: "Yes why...what's with the questions kid?"

Me: "Well, if you got up everyday, and worked and made the money for the turkey, why are you thanking Jesus for it?"

Bob: "SHUT UP and eat your food kid!"

The rest is history.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

can they get all 12 guys to the finals canada had a problem last year

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's true. I'm a intellectually curious person. I always want to know who/what/where/when/why/how. It's why I was drawn to Science, Math, Technology, Biology, etc.

Fortunately for me, those also lead to truths about the World, no matter what people "believe".

The lady is taking these College courses on how people learn and it's really interesting. For some, ingorance is bliss.

I remember being like 8 at my Uncle Bob's who's Italian and "devout" but drank heavily, cussed, cheated, the whole bit. I was 8, I wasn't judging, had no opinions or politics unless it was GI Joe or WWF.

Thanksgiving Dinner, everyone is sitting around praying to the Turkey

Me: "Uncle Bob, who are you talking to?"

Bob: "Jesus, who do you think"

Me: "Yes, did you buy that Turkey with your money?"

Bob: "Yes of course"

Me: "You earned that money with your job right?"

Bob: "Yes why...what's with the questions kid?"

Me: "Well, if you got up everyday, and worked and made the money for the turkey, why are you thanking Jesus for it?"

Bob: "SHUT UP and eat your food kid!"

The rest is history.
    One could create a logical argument for thanking Jesus that's entirely non mythology based. Jesus as a man of flesh and blood (not a diety) did offer sermons. His exhistance was used as a scape goat to create and change laws. But more importantly the establishment of his religion.

That religion fueled by greed needed more and more people (walking coffers) to get tithes from. That constant need for expansion guided the exploration and colonization of our world. It formed and influenced nation's creating what we enjoy today.

Would the world still have changed regardless of Jesus? Almost certainly.
    But I didn't claim to be able to create a bullet proof reason to thank him nor do I wish to argue the subject. It's not pragmatic to believe in anything. It is however pragmatic to believe your better than someone because of their belief's.

The universe is cold and uncaring. Our impact on it as we all know is nothing even if we destroy our world. But in that light if you are brave enough; you can see that as freedom. Freedom to be grateful to experience everything and everyone you encounter in the way you choose.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

(About to pray to Joe Pesci and thank him for my Thanksgiving Bounty)......

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Chipup View Post
    One could create a logical argument for thanking Jesus that's entirely non mythology based. Jesus as a man of flesh and blood (not a diety) did offer sermons. His exhistance was used as a scape goat to create and change laws. But more importantly the establishment of his religion.

That religion fueled by greed needed more and more people (walking coffers) to get tithes from. That constant need for expansion guided the exploration and colonization of our world. It formed and influenced nation's creating what we enjoy today.

But I didn't claim to be able to create a bullet proof reason to thank him nor do I wish to argue the subject. It's not pragmatic to believe in anything. It is however pragmatic to believe your better than someone because of their belief's.

The universe is cold and uncaring. Our impact on it as we all know is nothing even if we destroy our world. But in that light if you are brave enough; you can see that as freedom. Freedom to be grateful to experience everything and everyone you encounter in the way you choose.
    Groups of people never needed religion to justify taking stuff from others. "If history didn't go down like it did, everything we have today might not be exactly the same" isn't a very good argument either.

I'd say you're equally bad at philosophizing and paying back your debts; maybe work on that second one and you get it figured out, you can go back to working on the first

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Chipup View Post

Sure. I can see the Jesus argument as a homosapien. Unfortunately, that's not how it plays in many, if not all parts of the world (all religions).

I am a believer in truth. My truth is math, science, biology, technolgy, data.

Those things are everything we use in our life from space stations, to laminate flooring, to bluetooth, and advance cancer treatments.

We literally can change peoples sexes.

I will not allow any delusion to enter my life.