ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Played a tournament hand, not sure I've ever seen b4

Not really judging good/bad. I think the hand pretty much plays itself, post-flop.

Short-handed table. Cutoff opens 3x, Button calls. In BB, I call w/ J3(suited), w/ about 50BB stack.

Standard call for me, w/ different suited hands. Only question would be whether I had enuf behind to call.

Flop is wet-board, 643 w/ two Hearts. I have bottom pair w/ flush-draw. Super-wet board, where it won't be surprising to see hands playing for stacks.

I check, PF-raiser checks, button raises to about 2/3-pot. With pair + flush draw, I'm ready to play for stacks. I raise to about 40% of my stack. PF-raiser (surprisingly) wakes up + goes all-in. Button also goes all-in. I realize I'm up against some hands + ponder. With the $$ in pot, I'm staring at 9 to win 31. With pair + flush-draw on flop, that's 14outs to 2pair+. I don't think anyone is ever folding at +350 odds to triple up, I call.

The unusual part is the hands I'm up against:
    Cutoff = AT (Hearts)
    Button = 95 (Hearts), so he is on up/down straight draw.
    I have the only pair in hand, so I'm technically ahead. But I'm fading more than half the deck 2x!

8Hearts accounted for, so only 5Hearts remain. Turn is a brick, my 3 might hold. River is 2Hearts, I lose w/ 2nd-best Flush.

ChuckyTheGoat

I looked up the Flop equities as a review. Fairly high # of chop outs, w/ 5x runouts straightening out board 2% of time.

All three hands getting fair equity + likely never folding:
    AT was favorite b/c of Nut Draw + overs.
    95 had a super draw, but could potentially out-drawn on pair vs bigger pair.
    I was 27%. Certainly worth a call after the Flop action.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Goat, anything is "worth a call after the flop" if you feel like going all in on a hand with draws.

And you had a low pair PLUS a draw! Nobody should fault you for that.

JoeCool20

Pretty wild that everybody had 2 hearts in their hand! That may be what you mean when you say

it's a hand that you are not sure you've never seen before!

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Here's a good one for you Chucky from MGM yesterday. 1/3 game $500 buy-in max.

Hero in BB with AQ suited. Limps around to Hero and Hero raises to $20. UTG calls and Button raises to $60. Hero calls and UTG calls.

Flop comes AQ3. Hero bets $90 (Half pot). UTG calls and Button shoves for $220. Hero Calls and UTG calls all-in about $200.

Turn Ace.

River K.

Hero: Aces full of Queens
    UTG: 3's full of Aces
    Fukking button: Aces full of Kings

Hero was up about $600 before this hand and left disgusted after it.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

chucky all sexy with the pro terms "cutoff", wet, super wet......

most people here can'f find their ass with two hands, much less the "cutoff".....

mention the "hi-jack" position, they think your talkin' about waves rubbin' one out on his tippy-toes.....

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    mention the "hi-jack" position, they think your talkin' about waves rubbin' one out on his tippy-toes.....
    After the 69 position, I put your wife in the Waves "hi-jack" position.

Mrs Donkey loved getting banged from behind, with my Smith & Wesson 629 to her head.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Here's a good one for you Chucky from MGM yesterday. 1/3 game $500 buy-in max.

Hero in BB with AQ suited. Limps around to Hero and Hero raises to $20. UTG calls and Button raises to $60. Hero calls and UTG calls.

Flop comes AQ3. Hero bets $90 (Half pot). UTG calls and Button shoves for $220. Hero Calls and UTG calls all-in about $200.

Turn Ace.

River K.

Hero: Aces full of Queens
    UTG: 3's full of Aces
    Fukking button: Aces full of Kings

Hero was up about $600 before this hand and left disgusted after it.
    That's pretty gross, BigO. I got disgusted by the cash games out there.

Not AT ALL saying I'm better than the next guy. The massive pre-flop bet-sizes spin my head. In my world, there just aren't calling ranges vs those bet-sizes.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    chucky all sexy with the pro terms "cutoff", wet, super wet......

most people here can'f find their ass with two hands, much less the "cutoff".....

Donk, I suck. Can't win, in any world.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

It's a horrible preflop call by the numbers, just in case you weren't aware. Nobody really brought it up, so I might as well

It's SBR so I have no problem if you want to call with stuff like that as long as you know it's pure gambling and bad

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

3x is a large sizing in tournament poker nowadays. Stacks are shallower so J3s is actually a fold even if it's bb ante. It doesn't play well enough post flop to justify. The flop is going to hit button and your range better than cutoff. Button is also somewhat range capped.

As you said, you planned to play for stacks and it's apparent by you raising to 40%. I think you need to discount a lot of your outs as well. Your J and 3 still likely won't give you the best hand as button should likely show up with 33/44/66 a lot of the time and cutoff AxH or an overpair. I'm sure you were hoping to get it heads up at worst or take it down and you weren't expecting them to both go all in.

Depending on if there are ICM implications or not and what the buy in is you could still find a fold. If it's a $50 or $100 nightly and still early on I'm not folding. Cutoff should probably be betting the flop at a much higher frequency with his whole range too. It's odd that he would check that flop.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I went to ac when I was in philly last week played a little 1/2. Felt in pretty good control of the table, it was 7 handed this hand. Bunch of limps, I was big blind with q10. Pot was 9, flop was 1044 (flush draw). SB checks, I bet 7, old man on short stack who was terrible calls, only guy who had me covered ( I had 300) was small blind he calls. Turn 10 sb checks, I check thinking I’ll trap the old guy (sb was only good player there IMO) old guy bets 40 of the 70 he has left. sb makes it 80. Old man puts his last 30 in out of turn, I call the 80 thinking we are going to chop his money. River is a Q, so now I think I’m winning a big pot, sb shoves I have about 200 of course call, he has 44.( old guy had 103 offsuit)
    Last edited by thetrinity; 06-19-19 at 07:30 AM. Reason: FLOP WAS1044! holy hell i must have been drunk

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I went to ac when I was in philly last week played a little 1/2. Felt in pretty good control of the table, it was 7 handed this hand. Bunch of limps, I was big blind with q10. Pot was 9, flop was q44 (flush draw). SB checks, I bet 7, old man on short stack who was terrible calls, only guy who had me covered ( I had 300) was small blind he calls. Turn 10 sb checks, I check thinking I’ll trap the old guy (sb was only good player there IMO) old guy bets 40 of the 70 he has left. sb makes it 80. Old man puts his last 30 in out of turn, I call the 80 thinking we are going to chop his money. River is a Q, so now I think I’m winning a big pot, sb shoves I have about 200 of course call, he has 44.( old guy had 103 offsuit
    Very tough, Trin. What can u do?

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I went to ac when I was in philly last week played a little 1/2. Felt in pretty good control of the table, it was 7 handed this hand. Bunch of limps, I was big blind with q10. Pot was 9, flop was q44 (flush draw). SB checks, I bet 7, old man on short stack who was terrible calls, only guy who had me covered ( I had 300) was small blind he calls. Turn 10 sb checks, I check thinking I’ll trap the old guy (sb was only good player there IMO) old guy bets 40 of the 70 he has left. sb makes it 80. Old man puts his last 30 in out of turn, I call the 80 thinking we are going to chop his money. River is a Q, so now I think I’m winning a big pot, sb shoves I have about 200 of course call, he has 44.( old guy had 103 offsuit
    River plays itself but if it was limped preflop, especially with old guy’s enthusiasm, he could easily have 4 here. Weirdly played overpair possible too. There’s a term old man coffee that is true for some older people. If playing at table for awhile and either villain was clearly playing tight or never getting out of line, I would fold turn.

Bet by villain 1, check raise by villain 2, guy 1 wants to snap raise his remainder, when there was aggression already by you on flop. A4/K4ss/Q4ss/45ss/34ss/44 all possible for limps and are most likely to raise turn rather than flop.
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 06-19-19 at 01:48 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Eagles, Im glad you said something.

I COMPLETELY misposted the flop. it was 1044 with a flush draw. So turn was a 10. if it would have been q4410 I would have folded in a second on the turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything else was right river a queen 104410q was the final board, all players action was correct 2.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 06-19-19 at 07:35 AM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

I went to ac when I was in philly last week played a little 1/2. Felt in pretty good control of the table, it was 7 handed this hand. Bunch of limps, I was big blind with q10. Pot was 9, flop was 1044 (flush draw). SB checks, I bet 7, old man on short stack who was terrible calls, only guy who had me covered ( I had 300) was small blind he calls. Turn 10 sb checks, I check thinking I’ll trap the old guy (sb was only good player there IMO) old guy bets 40 of the 70 he has left. sb makes it 80. Old man puts his last 30 in out of turn, I call the 80 thinking we are going to chop his money. River is a Q, so now I think I’m winning a big pot, sb shoves I have about 200 of course call, he has 44.( old guy had 103 offsuit)

Not much to do there, just a cooler where you absolutely are going to have to go broke.

Frankly I see this a bit too often - people seeming to beat themselves up over situations where they absolutely played correctly but still lost for whatever reason (be it a cooler or a suckout, no matter). And that's rather counter-productive - sometimes you have to lose, just the way it is in poker.

Much better to stress over situations where you might legitimately have been able to have a better result if you perhaps played the hand sub-optimally and such. No point in worrying over an unavoidable bad beat or cooler - might as well just not play poker at all if that's going to get to you (note that I'm not saying/implying that this is the case with you specifically, just something I feel like I see too often). But for that reason in part, I probably wouldn't post such a hand to begin with! There are two main reasons people post hands in general: one if they want people's opinions on how they played it/if they played it wrong or two because they want people to feel bad for them/commiserate with them. And with this hand, you clearly can't be concerned about the former being true, so then I personally would not post it

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Not much to do there, just a cooler where you absolutely are going to have to go broke.

Frankly I see this a bit too often - people seeming to beat themselves up over situations where they absolutely played correctly but still lost for whatever reason (be it a cooler or a suckout, no matter). And that's rather counter-productive - sometimes you have to lose, just the way it is in poker.

Much better to stress over situations where you might legitimately have been able to have a better result if you perhaps played the hand sub-optimally and such. No point in worrying over an unavoidable bad beat or cooler - might as well just not play poker at all if that's going to get to you (note that I'm not saying/implying that this is the case with you specifically, just something I feel like I see too often). But for that reason in part, I probably wouldn't post such a hand to begin with! There are two main reasons people post hands in general: one if they want people's opinions on how they played it/if they played it wrong or two because they want people to feel bad for them/commiserate with them. And with this hand, you clearly can't be concerned about the former being true, so then I personally would not post it
    I wasnt beating myself up over it, it was just a sick loss. If i dont check the turn does this maybe play out differently, that was sort of a question in my mind, so it was not a complete bad beat story, although I'm not sure how I cant put everything in. Lets say I bet 20 on the turn the old man throws everything in excitedly (75) and the small blind goes nuts and shoves (effectively 300?) I was questioning that actually. Me being under repped here was a BIG part of the hand. At that point maybe it will look like everyone has what they have.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

I wasnt beating myself up over it, it was just a sick loss. If i dont check the turn does this maybe play out differently, that was sort of a question in my mind, so it was not a complete bad beat story, although I'm not sure how I cant put everything in. Lets say I bet 20 on the turn the old man throws everything in excitedly (75) and the small blind goes nuts and shoves (effectively 300?) I was questioning that actually. Me being under repped here was a BIG part of the hand. At that point maybe it will look like everyone has what they have.

This is kind of what I'm saying frankly. In a hand where you absolutely played it correctly, since you lost you are going back and trying to analyze what you could have done differently to have a better outcome (e.g. not checking the turn) - that again is completely counterproductive.

If you get your $ allin preflop with KK vs TT and the board comes out QJ23T (losing to the river ten), are you going to start analyzing the hand, suggesting you shouldn't have gone allin preflop, that if you had instead just taken a flop, he would have folded, and then you would have won the hand instead of lost it? Again that would be silly, at some point you have to let the game take its course. The proper thing in that situation is obviously to realize that you got your $ in as a huge favorite, and that's all you can do, you can't control the cards after that.

And this hand it's the same sort of thing. There is absolutely nothing you could have done to avoid losing all your chips so there is no point in re-analyzing the hand and suggesting you should have played it differently in the hopes of having a better outcome. Again, it's much more productive to focus on hands where maybe you legitimately could have played it differently/realistically had a different outcome - this hand is definitely not such a hand.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I think the turn is definitely debatable if it should be a bet. I think I would do the same thing though if I was in the same spot. I put this on 2 + 2 and it was 50/50 if I should have bet the turn

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

played cash tonight had ac ks 2-5 with 10 straddle guy raised to 50 i call and 2 other callers come along flop 5d qh kh i lead out 100 guy raises all in 690 more to me to call , i almost folded first instinct was fold i call what does the all in have ?

we ran it twice first turn river 2s 9d 2nd turn river 9c 3c
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 06-23-19 at 12:47 AM.

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    played cash tonight had ac ks 2-5 with 10 straddle guy raised to 50 i call and 2 other callers come along flop 5d qh kh i lead out 100 guy raises all in 690 more to me to call , i almost folded first instinct was fold i call what does the all in have ?

we ran it twice first turn river 2s 9d 2nd turn river 9c 3c
    LOL No way to tell if you won or lost! Or if you split!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    LOL No way to tell if you won or lost! Or if you split!
    guy went all on on a draw joe, can u believe that risked his whole stack on a draw unreal

JoeCool20

guy went all on on a draw joe, can u believe that risked his whole stack on a draw unreal

LOL Oh C-Kid, I believe it! People go all in ALL the time on draws with a 50/50 shot! (Or even worse!)

But if you said to him after the hand: "LOL You went all in on a draw?" and the dude went bat shit crazy

over your comment, and began to hate you and bash you, then THAT I wouldn't believe! LOL But it happened to me!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

LOL Oh C-Kid, I believe it! People go all in ALL the time on draws with a 50/50 shot! (Or even worse!)

But if you said to him after the hand: "LOL You went all in on a draw?" and the dude went bat shit crazy

over your comment, and began to hate you and bash you, then THAT I wouldn't believe! LOL But it happened to me!
    to the guys credit he had 10 jack hearts flopped open ended str flush draw i could of bet a million dollars he wasnt getting off that hand he won both boards too so i lost biggly w ak

JoeCool20

to the guys credit he had 10 jack hearts flopped open ended str flush draw i could of bet a million dollars he wasnt getting off that hand he won both boards too so i lost biggly w ak

Damn he freakin donked a 9 BOTH times! You got "SBR Poker-ed"

JoeCool20

By the way, that is the story of my poker life, and it is why I don't play poker for "real" money.

If I have the 4 hearts and a straight draw, then I rarely donk the heart or the straight card, and if I have

the pair of kings, then the other guy usually donks the heart or straight on my head!

I went all in with A 7 suited today and I literally posted to thommorono "call it, you will donk me!"

LOL And he called with K freakin 10 offsuit and donked a 10 on the turn! LOL

It is so hilarious when it happens on SBR poker for pizza points! But it wouldn't be hilarious for real money!

JoeCool20

Well let me say that at least SBR poker for pizza points is hilarious TO ME!! Some people on here take it so serious

(or they are so insecure about what others think of their play) that you can't even say the simple words:

"LOL You went all in on a draw?" Without them going bat shit crazy and despising you from than point on! LOL

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Damn he freakin donked a 9 BOTH times! You got "SBR Poker-ed"
    yah i was hoping to win at least one of the boards get my money back but nope lost them both and a huge pot but that's poker u win some u lose some no need to cry and spill the milk

JoeCool20

yah i was hoping to win at least one of the boards get my money back but nope lost them both and a huge pot but that's poker u win some u lose some no need to cry and spill the milk

LOL Whatever you do, DON'T you DARE say: "LOL You went all in on a draw?" Or the dude might go

psycho bat shit crazy on you! LOL

And not even accept an apology either!