unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15415

hit and run alert: juicername

Don't sit and play heads up with this gimp as he will leave after he wins a pot

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17029

To be fair, he left after losing a pot last night also.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Isn't that the point of poker - leave while you're up?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

I really think this needs to stop. People have a right to leave a game whenever they want to. Yes I understand why it's irritating (especially when they suck out on you) if they run away right after, but that is their right, however dishonorable it might be. Some people only play until their rollover is done, or they might legitimately need to leave since there are more important things on the planet than SBR Poker - who knows.

Whatever their reasons might be, it is their right. You want to be annoyed by it/not play against them in the future - that's your choice. But this continually making threads, calling people out for it, really needs to stop - get over it seriously...
    Points Awarded:

phinfan27615 gave ArunSh 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chili_Powder, JAKEPEAVY21, jrgum3, and snapperman2

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    I really think this needs to stop. People have a right to leave a game whenever they want to. Yes I understand why it's irritating (especially when they suck out on you) if they run away right after, but that is their right, however dishonorable it might be. Some people only play until their rollover is done, or they might legitimately need to leave since there are more important things on the planet than SBR Poker - who knows.

Whatever their reasons might be, it is their right. You want to be annoyed by it/not play against them in the future - that's your choice. But this continually making threads, calling people out for it, really needs to stop - get over it seriously...
    Good post. I don’t hit and run and don’t like it when others do. However, I keep in mind that life isn’t about poker, or in this case more specifically, SBR Poker.

Shit happens and while sometimes it’s an obvious hit and run, other time it’s not as clear. Either way, in my opinion it’s nothing to get worked about it, save your energy for something else.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Yes I understand why it's irritating (especially when they suck out on you) if they run away right after, but that is their right, however dishonorable it might be.
    Leaving a table is not "dishonorable" at all.

Myself & others come & go as we please, we obviously don't care what anyone else thinks.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

waves is right

come and go as you please

the game of poker literally continues nonstop

chips dont have names on them

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Leaving a table is not "dishonorable" at all.

Myself & others come & go as we please, we obviously don't care what anyone else thinks.

even when you leave for two months due to chip-dumping/cheating?

seemed pretty dishonorable to me when they banned your ass, Mr. Check It Down....

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    even when you leave for two months due to chip-dumping/cheating?
    I didn't chip dump/cheat, you & SBR have failed to prove otherwise.

Not my problem I was banned unfairly.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Yea it bugs me when people do that, but oh well, it's just part of poker.

It also bothers me when people move seats mid-game. Just a pet peeve of mine. Something that happens way less in live ring games.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Yea it bugs me when people do that, but oh well, it's just part of poker.

It also bothers me when people move seats mid-game. Just a pet peeve of mine. Something that happens way less in live ring games.

Interesting. I've found, at least in my experience, that people move seats mid-game way more live than online. Mostly because of silly superstition, e.g. "the person in that seat has been winning a ton, that's the hot seat, I want to take it!" Stuff like that. Online I don't really see it as much. Me, I change seats online mostly because I find it more comfortable to be in certain seats for purposes of multitasking than others. Live mostly just to either get out of seat 1 or 10 (I find it uncomfortable to be right next to the dealer) or to sit next to my friend so we can talk easier between hands.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

[QUOTE=unlearn;28017018]Don't sit and play heads up with this gimp as he will leave after he wins a pot[/QUOTE

Everyone does that. Welcome to the party pal.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

this guy made the same statement about me while at the table. Problem was a rolled over 20 minutes before. These chips don't really mean shit to most people. Otherwise I wouldn't give away chips or give a friend an interest free loan. I suck at poker and usually am not able to roll them over. It is why I really don't value as some do. Most of the better players get wood when I am trying to roll over because xmas comes every time I sit down.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Hmm I dunno, think I've played long and short sessions against both you and many more here. It's possible I played a short one against you but not gonna Apologize for that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Buzz Kill

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Hmm I dunno, think I've played long and short sessions against both you and many more here. It's possible I played a short one against you but not gonna Apologize for that.
    Juicer screw this clown OP. Play when and how long you like. You’re not obligated to anything.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Juicer screw this clown OP. Play when and how long you like. You’re not obligated to anything.
    This is the attitude that stops people from wanting to play cash games

Juicer has done it to me...several months ago

I never sat him again

It's something called etiquette that most people wouldn't understand

When boobywaves agrees with you...it's time to check yourself, before i wreck you

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    This is the attitude that stops people from wanting to play cash games

Juicer has done it to me...several months ago

I never sat him again

It's something called etiquette that most people wouldn't understand

When boobywaves agrees with you...it's time to check yourself, before i wreck you
    Twister so you think this is the problem with the cash games here? If I’m here to rollover and I do so in 10-15 or 20 minutes how does etiquette come into play? I’ve accomplished what I set out to do. This isn’t the typical “let’s sit down and play cards” and commit to an hour or 2 where variance will hopefully equal out.

With regard to your waves commment I’ve said numerous times he was very cordial to me when I met him in 2015. I don’t agree with what all he says, as I don’t with many here, but I don’t believe in the piling on bullshit that goes on here. If that’s an issue, oh well

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This is the point of cash games. People are just babies here.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

At least plau a couple more hands so its not obvious

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Twister so you think this is the problem with the cash games here? If I’m here to rollover and I do so in 10-15 or 20 minutes how does etiquette come into play? I’ve accomplished what I set out to do. This isn’t the typical “let’s sit down and play cards” and commit to an hour or 2 where variance will hopefully equal out.

With regard to your waves commment I’ve said numerous times he was very cordial to me when I met him in 2015. I don’t agree with what all he says, as I don’t with many here, but I don’t believe in the piling on bullshit that goes on here. If that’s an issue, oh well
    maybe somebody slipped me some molly at my birthday party last night, and perhaps I'm still feeling the lingering euphoriotic impact of it, but waves actually makes some sense here.....

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    When boobywaves agrees with you...confirms you're right.