Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

POKER HAND ANAYLIS: L'Auberge $365 Buy-in MTT

About mid trny, after almost getting into a fight with some "young gun" stud who thought he was the best poker player in Louisiana after he got his aces cracked by a guy hitting the nut straight on the river, i get dealt k5 of clubs on the small blind....

blinds are 400/800, guy under the gun, who is the chip leader and loose as shit, limps in, and it folds around to me and my k5clubs... I have just over double the starting stack of 15000, so I decide to limp for the 400 and hopefully see a flop.....

(didn't even consider shoving, as I'd already witnessed the chip leader call a shove outta position, and win the hand with a3, so I wasnt about to raise with the k5).... also, the bb was a relatively tight player who hadn't raised his bb all day, so I was pretty certain he wouldn't raise after I limped.... He didn't, (and, as the big blind, as me covered by about 1500 or so chips, again, I have just obver 30k) in chips....

flop comes QQ3 (two clubs, giving me the king high flush draw).....

action is on me........

what would you do with your flush draw at this point, bet or check? and if bet, how much? (the reason I mentioned young stud badass ready to fight guy, is after this hand is over, he calls my play out saying I must not know how to play the game, which almost leads to him getting his ass kicked a second time).....

so, I need some good poker analysis / reasoning to see if I really am as bad as he says, or if he was just piping off with his ass still chafed from the hard time I gave him about his aces getting cracked).....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 08-13-18 at 09:55 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

def betting the flop might take it down which isn't a bad thing or if get called still can hit a club for the flush if moved all in prob have to fold

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Check the flop so you can better represent that you can have still have a queen in your hand. I dont like leading from the small blind on dry flops like this with a paired board.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    def betting the flop might take it down which isn't a bad thing or if get called still can hit a club for the flush if moved all in prob have to fold
    sound, and with wild man in position who originally limped, a check gets a def bet in my face, which might blow me out of the hand for sure.....

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

big game going 2-4 donk 1 seat left for u

Auto Donk

big game going 2-4 donk 1 seat left for u
    I'LL BE headin in a second... making a drink

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Donk, I haven't read any follow-up comments yet. I would call the K5 pre-flop, like you did.

First off, consider the fact that it's a limped pot. Norman Chad has a saying "don't go broke in a limped pot." I think there's some merit to that. I say that b/c it's a sick feeling to come into a small pot and have opponent go crazy. Opponents didn't PAY for those cards. Normally best to proceed cautiously.

On flop, you have a good draw. 2nd-nut flush draw, w/ one over. But it's on a paired board. Out of position to two players, I view it as a check-call hand. I personally wouldn't check-raise b/c any Qx hand is very strong.

On hands like this, I'm hoping it checks thru actually. If it does, THEN you can take a stab at the pot on Turn. 9 outs to a flush, 3 outs to top-pair. It's unlikely that you're going to get bet off hand until river (maybe).

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Donk, I haven't read any follow-up comments yet. I would call the K5 pre-flop, like you did.

First off, consider the fact that it's a limped pot. Norman Chad has a saying "don't go broke in a limped pot." I think there's some merit to that. I say that b/c it's a sick feeling to come into a small pot and have opponent go crazy. Opponents didn't PAY for those cards. Normally best to proceed cautiously.

On flop, you have a good draw. 2nd-nut flush draw, w/ one over. But it's on a paired board. Out of position to two players, I view it as a check-call hand. I personally wouldn't check-raise b/c any Qx hand is very strong.

On hands like this, I'm hoping it checks thru actually. If it does, THEN you can take a stab at the pot on Turn. 9 outs to a flush, 3 outs to top-pair. It's unlikely that you're going to get bet off hand until river (maybe).

more good analyses... .thanks, chucky.....

will reveal the actual action and the turn tomorrow..... hope to get alot more comments before I skew the analysis with my play....

I will say the factors going into my decision were the likelihood of a raise if it goes check check to the wildman with the huge stack, who I am confident (he'd done it several times already to others, and was wielding his big stack quite effectively) would have made a huge overbet to the pot on what he perceived as weakness and having position on us.....

another factor was innate feeling that I was gonna spike the flush, as I'd been running hot and seeme3d that even in the hands I was laying down, I was hitting cards -- I know this shouldn't be a big consideration, and typically it's not, but I didn't want to get blown out of the hand without seeing another card; another was if i bet, the tight guy to my left will either fold immediately or, if he raises I'm probably gone, and if he smooth calls I know he's holdiong a q...... but overwhelming concern was that to see the next card, I would in all likelihood have to bet the flop, and hope not to get reraised all in..... another factor was the unlikelihood of either of them having spiked the qq flop while holding a q, thus a bet might get them off the hand altogether....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 08-14-18 at 12:02 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

what is this days of our donk, tune in tommorow for the exciting conclussion to the hand

Auto Donk

what is this days of our donk, tune in tommorow for the exciting conclussion to the hand
    damn right it is.....

this forum is dead without effort or a good promo like the world cup going.... gotta find a way to sell that soap day to day.....

tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion.......

but i really wanna hear from the sbr heavy hitters and perennial leader board guys what they'd do, to help improve my understanding of the game and techniques/strategies, etc......

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm always playing bad but here's my play. I would bet. Mostly because any player with a Q as others said would check back to bet the turn. So your bet tells the right story, that your either second pair or on a nut flush draw.

It then sends the message to the other people in the hand they are going to have to payout to win this hand. Most will fold here and if they don't at least you set the price you pay to find out what they have.

If anything SBR has taught me is idiots with stacks love to try to bluff you off hands. So. Id expect the bully to raise me maybe even ship it. But we know he doesn't have shit other than maybe a draw or a j10 type hand.

His type always over bets preflop on good hands so he's not limping with AK or AQ. Also he doesn't have the queen, this idiot would of open faced shoved, he doesn't understand how to trap or slow play.
    I'd be prepared to call or shove on him, unless the rock snap calls.. Because dim he's got the q.
    Last edited by Chipup; 08-14-18 at 02:17 AM.
    Points Awarded:

grey area gave Chipup 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Control the pot size with a check then float the loose players flop bet. Be very careful if BB comes along with a flop cold call.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Preflop: Good.

Flop: Bet 1300ish. This flop will miss most hands, so you'll often take it down with a bet, even against loose players. Even if you get action you still have a lot of outs. 1300 represents the same hands as a pot sized 2400 chip bet, so you'll save a little those times you run into a monster by betting smaller.

Just my opinion...
    Last edited by Ian; 08-14-18 at 04:24 PM.

Auto Donk

alright, alot of good info....

as there was 2400 in the pot, I decided to throw 1400 in, and was called by both, no raises......

spike the 2 of clubs after the smooth calls....

what do you do with it now?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

If your going to play it that way than you have to continue here and bet again when you get two callers. If the BB didn't come a long you can entertain checking here instead of firing, but once they both come a long I'm definitely betting here again for about half the pot.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Based on the villains I...

A)bet half the pot if I think they’re calling or at least not betting that turn

B)Hollywood a bit, shake my head and mutter they got me again before checking and hope to induce a bet from the loose guy in position so I can check raise it right up his ass.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

and

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Definitely bet the turn. About 2/3 of the pot. Hope no one has the nut flush.

I don't think that you should have called preflop, but the flop bet was good.

Auto Donk

okay, since they both called my bet on the flop, i put the bb (tighter player) on the queen for sure, still felt the wildman could have any two cards since he just limped preflop, and figured I was getting called by the bb and dodging a boat or quads on the river, so I hollywooded for a slight moment, showed some concern with a furrowed brow and a "comfort-seeking" rub of the chin, and moved all in.....

bb snap calls, wildman says "what the fuk????", hollywoods for a moment then lays his shit down.....

bb rolls over qj and asks if I have the flush.... tell him yes, dodge the river, and take all but 2k of his chips, he busts out within a round.....

later, the "poker stud" called me a donk for leading into that pot after the flop with only the flush draw......

on an editorial note, the poker stud managed to chip up and make it to the final two tables, but busted out around 15th or so on the other table, I made the money..... (trny paid only the final table, tho we carved out $400 for the guy who bubbled in 11th)
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 08-15-18 at 06:07 AM.

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I made the money..... (trny paid only the final table, tho we carved out $400 for the guy who bubbled in 11th)
    I don't know why you pick up so many haters like Rudy N BBWavesGoodbye? Always the class act on these things and always generously offering to buy dinner etc for whomever is willing to meet you. Grats on the Min cash sir.