View Poll Results: Did John Cynn slowroll the final hand?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 29.17%
  • No

34 70.83%
    reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

pocono is all about the infield

dont think anyone knows when the race is happening outside of the dude's with rv's 100 feet off the track

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Another pole by resident pole lick'in boy dfraud. WSOP is over douche bag. Go find another pole to shove up your ass. Mods, Saloon this garbage already.

The final hand was for almost his entire stack... didn't have the nuts. And this dlowiq thinks there might be slow rolling involved. Guaranteed it wouldn't have crossed his racist mind if the white player won.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

For $8Mill...who could knock him? Have to think it thru. Losing to boat or bigger King.

Not like he's playing for a local title.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    For $8Mill...who could knock him? Have to think it thru. Losing to boat or bigger King.

Not like he's playing for a local title.
    It took over 3 minutes. 30 seconds maybe. 3 minutes?

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

dlo, is this true? if a white person did whatever happened, would you think differently?

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

I don't blame him for taking time to make his decision. It is so easy for all of us who can, you know, see Miles' hole cards.... Cynn's hand was strong, but certainly not unbeatable. Cynn had to face the very real possibility that Miles had A-K or K-Q.... he also could have had a boat....

Many are the times I have had a card in hand that matched 2 cards on the board and lost. I know heads-up changes the dynamics a little, but the point still stands.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I don't blame him for taking time to make his decision. It is so easy for all of us who can, you know, see Miles' hole cards.... Cynn's hand was strong, but certainly not unbeatable. Cynn had to face the very real possibility that Miles had A-K or K-Q.... he also could have had a boat....

Many are the times I have had a card in hand that matched 2 cards on the board and lost. I know heads-up changes the dynamics a little, but the point still stands.
    Of course he could have been beat, but he was getting 2 to 1 on a call, his opponent desperately needed the pot, and he knew Miles had already made big bluffs to steal important pots. All of that is processed in about 10 seconds, maybe 30 because of fatigue and the spotlight. Stare at a clock for 3 minutes if you don't think that's a long time

It's not about if he could have been beat, it's about was he ever seriously considering folding. No

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

All in there is an obvious bluff spot. If he had something stronger than you would value bet there. He is probably good in that spot the majority of the time so you’re only getting called when you’re beat. Miles played that whole hand like crap. No reason to get it all in there. He was tired and looked like crap the whole time heads up.

Any other time that’s a snap call. I don’t think it was a slow roll though. Not for basically your tournament life and $3.8 million. Take your time to make sure he doesn’t have AK, KQ, or 55. He took a bit too long when he knew he was calling but Miles apologized cause he knew it wasn’t a slow roll. Not by any definition is it one, in my opinion. A slow roll is knowing you have him beat and blatantly taking extra time. He didn’t know for sure he had him.

Like it’s been said. Just a nit roll. Glad Cynn won as he was the superior player. Miles was either really tired or ran hot to make it that far. He better invest that 5 mil because he isn’t that good. Cynn coming in 11th then 1st shows he’s a true stud. Miles is closer to Jamie Gold than Joe Cada.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    It's not about if he could have been beat, it's about was he ever seriously considering folding. No
    Exactly, currently only 13 people comprehend this.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    The final hand was for almost his entire stack... didn't have the nuts. And this dlowiq thinks there might be slow rolling involved. Guaranteed it wouldn't have crossed his racist mind if the white player won.
    Change your pathetic avatar already, your Queen lost miserably to King Trump.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Of course he could have been beat, but he was getting 2 to 1 on a call, his opponent desperately needed the pot, and he knew Miles had already made big bluffs to steal important pots.
    Yes, and he had also made huge bets with nice hands.
    Get back to me when you have a swing of about $3 million on one single decision.

Furthermore, if I recall correctly, up to that point Miles went all-in 3 times and Cynn made the wrong call all 3 times. I don't blame him for taking his time.

dlowilly

3 minutes though

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

A lot of results oriented thinking here. It’s easy to say it’s an instacall when you see the villains hand but the way this hand played out only a fukin donkey is instacalling. 3 minutes isn’t even a long time. If Miles was waiting so long why didn’t he call the clock?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    A lot of results oriented thinking here. It’s easy to say it’s an instacall when you see the villains hand but the way this hand played out only a fukin donkey is instacalling. 3 minutes isn’t even a long time. If Miles was waiting so long why didn’t he call the clock?
    Miles was frozen and didn't even want to breath

Have you ever folded trips on the turn heads up for any amount with no higher trips, flush, or straight possibilities out there? No you haven't, neither have I, and neither has Cynn.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Anyone calling that a slow roll is a complete jerkoff and NOT a real card player.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Why is this still being debated? You can clearly see that he is thinking and talking it through. If you want to criticize and say he should have been able to think it through faster, OK, whatever, good for you, but that's not a slowroll, and you've never played heads up for 12 hours for $3.4 million. In retrospect, Miles know it was not a slowroll and everyone who knows what a slowroll is know it wasn't either.

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What a self-absorbed twat lol

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

It was honestly a huuuuge nit roll. You can never, ever, ever, ever fold there unless you have the fking Oreo read from Rounders. And even given the stakes, a good poker player should realize it's a must-call within like 30 seconds at most. Even with that much at stake, poker is still poker. But I'm certain it wasn't an intentional slow roll.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i think being tired is worse than being drunk, both players were exhausted , makes sense for the questionable all in and the slow call

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I guarantee you many, many of the best poker players in the world are basically instacalling there. It's just sort of a muscle memory/experience thing where you instantly realize it's impossible to fold because of ranges. You beat like half of his Ks for god's sake

blankoblanco

Like if you think Phil Ivey tanks there, you're on crack, that's all.

ChuckyTheGoat

One truth about this thread. I think Miles blows his $$ within 12 months and is a forgetten-man very soon.

dlowilly

Semi consensus is not a slowroll but definitely a "nitroll"

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Anyone calling that a slow roll is a complete jerkoff and NOT a real card player.
    Exactly! Of course dblow dick mouth accuses Cynn of slow rolling because he can't stand that an Asian guy beat a white guy in the WSOP. Any real poker player is gonna take their time figuring out the possible outcome of the hand and that's all Cynn did.

This fuk'in douche bag dblowfraud pole boy seeking attention whore status over a 3 minute hand.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 07-17-18 at 07:36 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

wait til they increase starting chips to 100k then the heads up match will take a week to complete

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Exactly! Of course dblow dick mouth accuses Cynn of slow rolling because he can't stand that an Asian guy beat a white guy in the WSOP. Any real poker player is gonna take their time figuring out the possible outcome of the hand and that's all Cynn did.

This fuk'in douche bag dblowfraud pole boy seeking attention whore status over a 3 minute hand.
    U guys want to see a post reporting tourettes riddled troll immediately go silent? Watch this...

Hey Mikeypuss, are you going to the bash? Mikeypuss, where u going? LOL

ChuckyTheGoat

I have to post a few more notes on this. I DON'T think this is a slow-roll. With Cynn's specific holding...it is probably true that he's never folding.

Listen to Cynn's specific comment. He says "I don't think I can fold."

We have to give Cynn some latitude w/ 8mill and world championship on the line. Now, consider the pre-flop action and the Flop/Turn action. And think about what hands Miles might have.

There are two hearts on the flop, so Miles MIGHT have AQ (hearts). Traditional 3-bets signify premium hands. AK and TT+.

On this board, I think QQ/JJ/TT proceed cautiously. AA might feel like he has to get it in. With the case King out there, that leaves four AK combos.

In that regard, Cynn may feel like he's up against a range that's largely AA or AK. If that's true, he might be only 60/40 to win.

Cynn's not folding. But he truly believes he's going to lose this hand 40% of the time. My two-cents.

Miles is douchy, btw. Says "you slow-rolled me" at 6:20 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDuOwJzq6g

First 1234