brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

False

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

LOL great players win with bad cards and terrible players lose with great cards.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    LOL great players win with bad cards and terrible players lose with great cards.
    My question is in a round about way is, can a top flight pro with 2 9 off suit get a weekend average player put down KK pre-flop if not, can the pro outplay the regular with his rags providing the board flops nothing for both players.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Very false, I heard Barkley say once if you dont have good cards youre not going to win, told me everything I needed to know about him being a losing gambler.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    My question is in a round about way is, can a top flight pro with 2 9 off suit get a weekend average player put down KK pre-flop if not, can the pro outplay the regular with his rags providing the board flops nothing for both players.
    Every hands different, there's more to the situation " there all different" then just if a pro can make someone lay down a solid hand. All this also depends on styles of play, how you are with control and so fourth, more facets to the game that would make someone lay down.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

False Good players bluff hundreds or thousands of dollars real cash into a pot

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Every hands different, there's more to the situation " there all different" then just if a pro can make someone lay down a solid hand. All this also depends on styles of play, how you are with control and so fourth, more facets to the game that would make someone lay down.
    Played in a deep stack tournament last week at Mohegan Sun (made final table by he way) in between the second third rounds on break, one of the regional pros say to me, I hate your style of play "you fold with rags, and push with the nuts, you play well"

Got me to thinking, if he can read me like that, do I play well?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Played in a deep stack tournament last week at Mohegan Sun (made final table by he way) in between the second third rounds on break, one of the regional pros say to me, I hate your style of play "you fold with rags, and push with the nuts, you play well"

Got me to thinking, if he can read me like that, do I play well?
    Congrats on make final table, if the guy noticed you only play the nuts, how much more did you know about him is the question. What has he been doing, what is he betting, his show downs what did he have and how much did he bet, does he have noticeable tells, tons of questions, but at all stages of any given tourney your not always going to have the leisure to just play the nuts.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

definitely false..... i bluffed my way to the chiplead in a 1350 person tourny last night... mr klc can confirm this

once it got to where the cards did matter (all in fest), i didn't stand a chance b/c the site has me doomswitched/lifetime chat banned.... cant bluff when all their chips are in the pot when its your turn to bet,,,,,

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Congrats on make final table, if the guy noticed you only play the nuts, how much more did you know about him is the question. What has he been doing, what is he betting, his show downs what did he have and how much did he bet, does he have noticeable tells, tons of questions, but at all stages of any given tourney your not always going to have the leisure to just play the nuts.
    I prefer tournaments to cash games (more strategy) when I sense players equal or better than my game put me on my passive/aggressive style of play, then I'll play more hands like gapped suited, for instance 7 9 diamonds, or weak pairs like 33 I would normally lay down if I can't limp in.

My problem is I can get deep into tourneys (local tourneys, not ready for prime time) my problem is finishing when I do reach the final table, I usually am short stacked, like 7th out of the final 9, something like that.

The first four levels (first break) are ante free, the time to open up is after the first break, level five when antes are required, I'm starting to discover if you get out of level four at average chip stack or a little better you are OK, but if you are averaged chip stacked after level 8, you are not OK.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I prefer tournaments to cash games (more strategy) when I sense players equal or better than my game put me on my passive/aggressive style of play, then I'll play more hands like gapped suited, for instance 7 9 diamonds, or weak pairs like 33 I would normally lay down if I can't limp in.
    Man...

to answer your question, it's pretty difficult for anyone to win a tournament getting dealt shitty cards over and over especially against other players premiums. Part of what makes a pro a pro is the ability to adjust and recognize when you're beat. So they are probably laying down the 29os vs KK not trying to outplay someone. Nobody gets cold decked forever...
    Last edited by daneblazer; 03-06-16 at 08:59 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

My problem is I can get deep into tourneys (local tourneys, not ready for prime time) my problem is finishing when I do reach the final table, I usually am short stacked, like 7th out of the final 9, something like that.

The first four levels (first break) are ante free, the time to open up is after the first break, level five when antes are required, I'm starting to discover if you get out of level four at average chip stack or a little better you are OK, but if you are averaged chip stacked after level 8, you are not OK.
    Yea, i want to play more tourneys, when your short stacked like that, you just have to be happy you got there, I am running into that here at sbr a lot, I do finish top just not enough as I should, some X not my fault others it is, you have to figure out what your doing wrong, are you passing good hands to not bubble, are you letting someone bully you?

now you and I just need to get in where we can ...cheap, see cards when possible if you can and hope for the best, all you can do, but from what your explaining I don't see nothing wrong but I don't know every play you had, some X you just know you did wrong, you feel it, you know what I mean?

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    "Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."

Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-08-16 at 11:09 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Rio DiNero gave Auto Donk 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.