SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

ONE DROP HIGH ROLLER Final 2 tables set

EVENT 58
    ONE DROP HIGH ROLLER
    TEXAS HOLD’EM (NO- LIMIT)
    $111,111 BUY-IN ($105,555 TO PRIZE POOL)
    SUNDAY, JUNE 28, 2015, 1 PM (2-DAY EVENT)
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upda...d=14258&dayof=

Table 360

Seat 1: Phil Hellmuth - 3,800,000
    Seat 2: David Sands - 1,425,000
    Seat 3: Max Altergott - 2,900,000
    Seat 4: Ben Sulsky - 4,480,000
    Seat 5: Dan Perper - 5,100,000
    Seat 6: Sergey Lebedev - 1,270,000
    Seat 7: John Racener - 760,000
    Seat 8: Talal Shakerchi - 970,000
    Table 361

Seat 1: Daniel Colman - 6,135,000
    Seat 2: Andrew Lichtenberger - 1,830,000
    Seat 3: Jonathan Duhamel - 870,000
    Seat 4: Joseph Cheong - 1,150,000
    Seat 5: Brian Hastings: 2,710,000
    Seat 6: Anthony Zinno - 1,300,000
    Seat 7: Byron Kaverman - 650,000
    Seat 8: William Klein - 4,650,000

Just made the money with Eric Siedel and ZeeJustin unfortunate bubble boys. A couple killers left in the field and should make for some good action. Live stream will start once they reach the final table http://www.wsop.com/2015/live-video/

SharpAngles

Lol if the roles were reversed Phil's head might explode.

Doc Sands Eliminated in 13th Place ($289,273) and Talal Shakerchi in 14th Place ($289,273)Monday, June 29, 2015 7:04 PM PST (about 12 minutes ago)

Doc Sands (13th Place)
    Talal Shakerchi (14th Place)
    Talal Shakerchi moves all in from the button for 605,000. Phil Hellmuth calls from the small blind. Doc Sands then raises all in from the big blind, and Helllmuth is put to a decision.

He asks the dealer to pull in the 605,000 from each player, and Sands has another 805,000. Hellmuth counts his own chips, thinks for a minute, then tosses out a call.

Hellmuth: Ac8d
    Sands: AdKd
    Shakerchi: Kh6h

The flop is 8s 5h 5d, and the turn is the 8c, giving Hellmuth a full house and a stranglehold on the hand. The meaningless river card is the Qc.

Doc Sands had more chips to start the hand, and he finishes in 13th place. Talal Shakerchi finishes in 14th place, and both players earn $289,273.

Phil Hellmuth - 6,750,000
    Talal Shakerchi - Eliminated
    Doc Sands - Eliminated

SharpAngles

Sick beat.

Brian Hastings Eliminated in 11th Place ($332,593)Monday, June 29, 2015 7:22 PM PST (about 10 minutes ago)

Brian Hastings limps for 120,000 under the gun, and Bill Klein raises to 450,000 from the cutoff. Hastings reraises all in for just less than 2 million total. Klein quickly calls with his big stack, and Hastings is at risk. He has it, though.

Hastings: Ac Ah
    Klein: 7c 7d

The 6d 5s 4s flop is a good start for Klein, and his open-ender draws a reaction from the rest of the table. Sure enough, the turn brings the 3c and the straight for Klein, and Hastings is drawing dead.

"Nice hand, good game," he says as he stands and gathers his things. The river is a meaningless 10, and Hastings is eliminated in 11th place.

Bill Klein - 7,315,000
    Brian Hastings - Eliminated

SharpAngles

Final table stream beginning 8:45 Vegas time. Should be a good sweat watching philly get the bracelet or lose his mind on someone's "idiot" play. Rooting for lucky chewbaca, oh, I mean luckychewy, but he'll need a miracle with that stack.

view chip counts for day:
    CHIP COUNTS

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Final table is about to be streamed.

SharpAngles

LOL took me a minute to figure out why I'm watching a vid of the stupid Ferris wheel. Oh yeah, it's called the High Roller Some wsop producer was probably so proud of themselves for that one.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Really enjoying this FT

50/50 that Phil kills someone on Las Vegas Boulevard before this break is over; you can see him repressing the pent up rage

If he goes out quick when play resumes, might wanna stake out The Oasis so he doesn't grab a room and do something drastic

Duhamel one lucky SOB... did he program SBR's RNG?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Lol if the roles were reversed Phil's head might explode.

Doc Sands Eliminated in 13th Place ($289,273) and Talal Shakerchi in 14th Place ($289,273)Monday, June 29, 2015 7:04 PM PST (about 12 minutes ago)

Doc Sands (13th Place)
    Talal Shakerchi (14th Place)
    Talal Shakerchi moves all in from the button for 605,000. Phil Hellmuth calls from the small blind. Doc Sands then raises all in from the big blind, and Helllmuth is put to a decision.

He asks the dealer to pull in the 605,000 from each player, and Sands has another 805,000. Hellmuth counts his own chips, thinks for a minute, then tosses out a call.

Hellmuth: Ac8d
    Sands: AdKd
    Shakerchi: Kh6h

The flop is 8s 5h 5d, and the turn is the 8c, giving Hellmuth a full house and a stranglehold on the hand. The meaningless river card is the Qc.

Doc Sands had more chips to start the hand, and he finishes in 13th place. Talal Shakerchi finishes in 14th place, and both players earn $289,273.

Phil Hellmuth - 6,750,000
    Talal Shakerchi - Eliminated
    Doc Sands - Eliminated
    so, this is where SBR gets it's programming.....

my ak losing streak, as even wussywaves can attest, is approaching 30 f'n straight hands.....

last four straight have been to AQ, three river q's and one straight.........

"THANK YOU SBR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Really enjoying this FT

50/50 that Phil kills someone on Las Vegas Boulevard before this break is over; you can see him repressing the pent up rage

If he goes out quick when play resumes, might wanna stake out The Oasis so he doesn't grab a room and do something drastic

Duhamel one lucky SOB... did he program SBR's RNG?
    I was watching for a couple of hours last night and Hellmuth was not on his A game by a longshot...he made 2 hero calls that he rarely if ever makes and both Jason Somerville and Scott Seiver who were commentating were shocked. Congrats to Duhamel, I saw him suck out AQ vs AK AIPF when he turned a Q. He is a good player but I don't like him, seems like a douche.

SharpAngles

Once sulsky was knocked out I gave up. Couldn't watch duhamel luckbox his way through the minefield anymore. Although I will say Scott Seiver is a F'n genius and One of the best color commentators I've ever heard. The guy was going into some really deep tourney strat and the way he made it so easy to understand was amazing to me.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I was watching for a couple of hours last night and Hellmuth was not on his A game by a longshot...he made 2 hero calls that he rarely if ever makes and both Jason Somerville and Scott Seiver who were commentating were shocked. Congrats to Duhamel, I saw him suck out AQ vs AK AIPF when he turned a Q. He is a good player but I don't like him, seems like a douche.
    played at a table next to him in a $1500 bracelet event back in 2012; complete f'n egomaniac post-main event win..... wanted to tell him, "yah, we know your a f'n bigshot, now please shut the penetrate up"

more annoying was the constant stream of other big shots that despite playing, like to roll around within the closed off area to come by and show what bigshots they are by not having to even play the early rounds of a bracelet event.... coming up to talk to him about this or that..... he was up and walking around in similar fashion.... that "i'm so good I can sit out 10-20 minute intervals to bullshit with my friends" got old pretty f'kin quick...

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Once sulsky was knocked out I gave up. Couldn't watch duhamel luckbox his way through the minefield anymore. Although I will say Scott Seiver is a F'n genius and One of the best color commentators I've ever heard. The guy was going into some really deep tourney strat and the way he made it so easy to understand was amazing to me.
    damn, wish i'd have seen that......

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    damn, wish i'd have seen that......
    the main commentator is very good and they always have good guests in the booth...there will be more opportunities for you to watch

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    the main commentator is very good and they always have good guests in the booth...there will be more opportunities for you to watch
    Very true. While Tuchman isn't an expert he knows enough about the game to ask the right questions and get awesome responses from the color guys. I selfishly want Seiver to bust the ME early so he can analyze during the stream. Still can't get over how advanced he was getting. I've never heard anyone discuss bluff blockers in a live analysis setting and he laid out the theory and how to use it in the easiest way to understand.

Donk,

last years streams are available to watch so I would guess this years will eventually make it into the archives. As of now I don't see any 15 events so may be waiting til after the November nine is set but they'll be there eventually.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Agree with the comments from you guys; those hero calls were extremely UN-Hellmuth-like, particularly that 2 mil riv Klein bet w/the quad kings. Best case scenario has Phil chopping, and it seemed fairly obvious with the Klein line that wasn't really in play. But hey, he's Phil so can't kill him for it. But boy oh boy that really damaged his stack. Perhaps psychologically, cuz Phil had one of the GS Warrior owners sitting w/ his wife, he was trying to do a lil too much to impress? Pound his chest with a sensational read? Just a random thought to consider, cuz I agree it wasn't Phil's "A game" last night. He's usually Steady Eddie when he's the chip leader, but alas.....

The commentary was GREAT: Somerville very good and Seiver hit it outta the park, just as Sharpy states. Hell, even the 2+2 guys were giving props (not an easy thing to garner over there).

SharpAngles

Interesting angle biter. He probably felt the pressure to impress after white magic got the Dubs their chip although he did get a bracelet last week, plus, I think he was feeling the pressure of two world class players to his left. Colman especially got into his head and Philly must've felt he had to hammer the weak players cause Colman and sauce were not giving him easy chips. Floating the flop in the quads hand will be haunting him for a long time. He just set himself up to be coolered against a "rock" as he would call it(No I'm not embarrassed to say that I've read "play poker like the pros")

Then the river call of Kleins raise was even worse than betting river oop in the first place imo. Not many hands calling light there and betting does nothing but invite better hands to raise you but Phil had a read and stuck to it despite Klein being one of the tightest players at the table. I will say Klein is sharp and no doubt knew how bluffy that raise looked on that missed draw board so good for him there.

3 huge mistakes in 1 hand, that Phil prides himself on not making. Def a hand he'll look back at and

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Hands like that one where free will decisions (pressured by various factors) and then the subsequent ripple effect going forward of the consequences (to all) is why I find the game of poker -- apart from the $ -- endlessly fascinating.

For all its heartache... I flat out love the game of poker.

BTW, Sharpy... a big thanks for the poker stuff you post here (info on upcoming stuff, articles, etc.)... it's always appreciated.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Hands like that one where free will decisions (pressured by various factors) and then the subsequent ripple effect going forward of the consequences (to all) is why I find the game of poker -- apart from the $ -- endlessly fascinating.

For all its heartache... I flat out love the game of poker.

Couldn't agree more! The best in the world are not immune to mistakes and it's for sure fascinating to see how they and others at the table are influenced. Such a simple game on the surface is unbelievably deep and varied. Once you get past hold'em it's even better imo. Very excited for the 25k PLO tomorrow, which is still packed with amazing players who will put on a show. Pulling for Galfond to make the stream because his PLO game is from another universe and I'm hoping there's a good color guy breaking it down.