Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Poker Study Shows...

Newest Study shows that fish most commonly believe that they are sharks.

This is not a thread to discuss SBR Poker but I will just say we have lot of sharks here on the forum and leave it at that...

-(a)ever notice the mental Shark* at the table who is just dying to blurt out the words donk and fish to any and everyone the first second they win or loose a flip?

-(b)ever notice that mostly 2 type of conversation between players pertaining to poker is just a big circle jerk or just another I'm awesome and you are terrible statement.

ex.(a) player1- You are such a great player!
    player2- No no no you are a great player!
    player1- Well if I'm great then you are the greatest!
    player2- Yeah I guess I am if you say so but you are the greatest ever!
    player1- Yea we are both great! (cue Tony the Tiger saying...)

Meanwhile player 3 is stealing blinds, 3betting them both light like a boss and folding every time they bet big because they have the nuts. All in silence.

Player 1 and 2 are typical poker sharks*
    Player3 really dosent even need a cool poker name to stroke his ego, he is just winning...or does he?

ex.(b)
    player1 looses a big flip 22 < A4o

player1- you are so horrible you fish I cant believe how bad you suck
    player2- shut up you donk you are an idiot I am a poker pro and I win flips for a living.
    player1- I eat pieces of donkey like you for breakfast
    player2- You eat donkey for breakfast?...oh snap I got you, now I own your life and your kids fool ,wut!
    player1- look at your graph, I just looked you up on scope, now I know everything.
    player2- lets play heads up, I dare you to play me right now at some stake that either of us never play at.
    player1- dude my rooster is so much bigger than yours lets play 1k-2k
    player2- now way my dick is huge meet me at 1 mill 2 mill
    player1- fine I'll meet you there then we can both pull out our cocks at the same time and take a pictures to prove that...

player1- I can't wait. Just hold on I have to go steal my Moms CC real quick to reload my account,
    I spent my last 5 dollars on this rebuy

meanwhile player 3 traps player 2 for his whole stack and eliminates him. tags them both as sharks* and uses the chips to run over the table and make a deep run.
    player2 spends the next hour on the rail complaining about how unlucky he is and how terrible every plays.

Ok so maybe it seems a little over the top not but umm its really not... its just the G rated version

This is just barely scratching the surface guys and I'm just looking to start a conversation, share some ideas and maybe just maybe depending on interest do something a little bigger. I can't say just yet but lets just see.
    If little else have a good laugh it never hurts.

Why?- Well I've been around here a little while now and its been said before that the poker forum has had little to offer and at times just a ghost town. Will it suddenly change? I doubt it will or even can quickly but I do know that there are some good players here and some of them are just not front and center. On top of that there some players here who may not be crushing, winning or breaking even but they already put in a little volume and clearly are able to gain something. Where do you fit? shark* or shark ? If you want to improve your game and make more $$$ then at the moment it might not even matter.
    I want to lure a few of our better players out into this discussion and if not them just some poker players who feel like doing something other than reading poker books from 07' ,posting bad beat stories and talking about how rigged poker is(happening at every poker table everywhere btw).
    Poker forums are a dime a dozen these days and this could be done and is being done other places but we
    have a somewhat small player pool relative to most a I see this as an advantage. Just the fact that I know a bunch of you from the freerolls here and some of you know me... a little. I don't always share stuff that is valuable to me with others unless I'm asked or there is some kind or back and forth. There are a few really good Cappers here and they don't say "hey Jedi fukin hammer this play its freemoney", and I don't really ask either. I know most guys here are not touts and I'm not a tout. Most guys here are not bad guys and even some guys who are here act like diks but I dont really care maybe I'm one of em. It dosen't matter to me one bit.

I didn't write this long as post to discuss SBR poker or form some SBR super poker team!

Why me? Let me start buy saying that I've played over 9 Trillion hands in the last month, all on some annon network so I can't provide a graph or even a screen name to back it up, wanna talk poker and buy a book?

Yeah I didnt think so! But let me put a couple things out there that one who has read this far may want to know because I would.
    -I play a lot of poker, I'm not looking do dump a bunch of numbers, names, games or graphs but I feel very comfortable saying in the last year more pure volume poker than most here. For sure most but I could be beat in that aspect and never know it but it doesn't matter. Point is I'm putting time and a lot of hands.

I started working on mental game stuff for poker around a year ago and it largely improved my results and even helped me with stuff outside of poker in my personal life. I spent way to much time even as a winning player thinking that if I was winning that I didn't need to work on my game. Looking back this was almost than just falling on my face and started over and its common.
    A while back I realize (learn) that not only am I not putting enough work into my game but that players who are part of groups or just have a few tight friends working together had a huge edge over me. I know very few people who like to play like I do. My family doesn't gamble and my girl has no clue.
    So many people in today's games are benifitting from coaching each other up and calling each other out on mistakes, players are staking each other, hand history review, sweat sessions and it goes on and on, this is happening at the highest levels of the game!

So what this leads me to say is... I want that, I remember when I first learned about rakeback years ago I was like why the hell didn't some one tell about that before and this is back in the days of FTP in the US. Some players today still never even heard about this...
    Yeah I could pay for some over priced coaching maybe easier and I'm on a few paid forums but in the long run I think there is more to be gained.
    I've been a winning player for a while. But with that said I have also been on some stupid swings, crazy monkey tilt, made bad bank roll management mistakes and have fallen in a few other holes along the way on and off the felt. I have been every retard player in the examples I posted above (except stealing my Moms CC but not important) and other stuff. Not looking to be part of a circle jerk.

For a while now I've been debating on posting something like this and honestly I can't get my point across or my ideas on paper easily. I would not be shocked to get very little response or even trolled witch I almost expect. This is likely not for the large number of poster/players. Even if 10 players wanted to start something and we ended up with 3-4 that were for real in my mind it would be a huge win, and actually convert to $$$.
    Think about it-
    Strategy (not how to play AA preflop)
    Player refferals
    General poker info (places to play,bonus's contests soft games, tournies ...ect)
    Poker software (what to get and how to use)
    Hand History reviews
    HUD -set up and how to
    Mental game support
    Bank roll Management
    Sweat sessions with open constructive criticism
    Skype/webinar coaching. (I've been in a lot of free Webinar's with some great players, i've never posted or shared any links... dunno why)
    And all the other shit I can't think of right now, but there is more

I've been sitting on a lot of this stuff and really some am still continuing to learn but I'm gonna do this with maybe a few guys from SBR or I just find some where else.
    I'm not selling anything here guys I just want a few guys do buy into an idea and get something going, it won't happen over night. I don't care if I have to carry some one for a bit, maybe some one is gonna carry me in the beginning.

I'm officially taking your temperature SBR Poker maybe there is a little life yet to be seen, or maybe just a few guys want to crawl out of it, if not well... gl I guess.

-Jedi-

P.S.
    *=fish but you know that
    Last edited by Jedi Mind Picks; 03-20-14 at 08:37 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JohnGalt2341 gave Jedi Mind Picks 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sinmiedo

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Haven't played much the past two months, but getting ready to gear up the grind again. I'd be interested...

Lowly Oaftard
    Lowly Oaftard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

Allow me to take a moment from advocating my patented "beat the rig" strategies to say I'm totally on board with trying to start some meaningful poker dialogue in the forums. I think I'm in a little of the same boat that you are, in that I don't have many people to talk about poker intelligently with...and would find a peer group both helpful towards improvement and motivating towards achieving goals/milestones. I really like the fact that you consider the mental game along with the technical aspects of poker....I spent A LOT of time working on my mental game in the last year also ( using Tendler's Mental Game of Poker as almost a handbook, I taught myself how to be structured and disciplined in my approach to the game while being extremely self critical). I love doing sweats and analyzing hands ( almost as much as playing, I enjoy thinking about adjustments and lines as well as resolving ranges/tells). I think you have a great base list of things that a community effort could help to improve, and look forward to trying to be part of it.

PS I won't even mention shift key adjustments in technical conversations
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave Lowly Oaftard 1000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Some SBR poker players really appreciate this kind of information, and those are the ones that thrive to improve in their game strategy, as poker as a game , it will never be solved due the the luck factor, so, poker to me is mix of disciplines that makes the game itself.
    The mathematics, the mental, personal luck, and the financial are some of the components that makes the game. The particular moment in time to make the right decision is directly influenced by the accumulated knowledge and experience, and that to me is the game.
    We are very fortunate to have Jedi Dane and Oaftard to be the leaders in bringing positive educational info to all of us that love the game .
    Thank you guys

Jedi Mind Picks

Its very encouraging to so see some solid responses already guys. I honestly wouldn't have been shocked if several days went by without any real posted response. I started the first page in almost a joking manor just to throw a point or two out for fun but as last night went on I was playing and I just went on from there. Its funny because I don't think I have a single post that length in around three years here, I'm certainly not a writer yet and I'm happy to see it didn't seem like a total ramble.

So I think the best thing to do from here is maybe just to start with finding a general direction or starting point of some kind. On top of that look to gain some momentum at the same time. I think that letting this bubble a little bit in the beginning is a good idea while we see how many posters are interested and maybe want to give some input or general opinion on where we start. I will attempt to bounce some of my ideas around a little further hopefully in a way that makes sense. I don't know how far or big this can get over time but in my opinion if I had 3 solid players/posters who are in on this we are only going up from here.

Ok I gonna just throw some Ideas out and please give a little feedback and hopefully some new posters will join along the way.

I like the idea of waiting and adding a few other players to start but on the other hand I feel like anything more and a couple days tops and any added interest could quickly die out as some of us maybe have seen before.

In the beginning I would like to start mainly just a basic direction witc might be the hardest part of getting the ball rolling.
    We may as a small group agree together on a few loose parameters to maybe guide us a little in the beginning so we don't end up in some unintended place and they may evolve and change along the way. Here a a few first thoughts.

I would like to stay away from certain discussion such as 'poker is rigged' and general unimportant bad beat stories and likely all SBR daily's. Some of the reasons may seem obvious to us right now but well... they become popular quickly and add little if any thing of value.
    Mostly I want to have a really positive vibe and play nice with posters because it is generally good, but the point is at some time we get to be critical in some constructive way and to the point without having to dance around any facts but to do so with confidence, so that it doesn't get to personal to quickly. I will use myself as an example.

Say I post a hand or add something and I spew some nonsense that "oh yeah I made X play because of Y(justification) that I ASSumed something terrible and maybe got lucky". Them maybe Dane looks at this hand, sees its flaw notices that the math is terrible and or is just suspect even though my result was positive. I need Dane to be like 'yo that is pretty suspect and might even be awful what happened there?' That can be a hard pill to swallow, I already know I need stuff like that not because I'm not critical of my own game because I very much am, but because as poker players and as humans our biggest leaks are the ones we don't see. I don't like being awful for even one hand but hey I want to open up some so I will get stronger in this area. Not everyone may be looking for this but that's why positive a playing nice to a point will be helpful to start.

Next Multiple threads might really be a good idea in the short term and very much in the long term. I have found that there is so much content online in large amounts and so many different types of games that it gets crazy trying to keep a topic or focus in one giant long thread so please consider and share opinion. Different thread for different topic type content and function.

Main thread maybe different than this maybe not with some type of title stating whatever Main something Poker.
    This could be a good place to offer up a little info and general poker stuff. (like US poker rooms) (payout updates)
    (player challenge/goals) ect.

Thread for Video links. I know I will have a lot to add here and its pretty easy to pop in add a link or two and add a quick title and maybe room for reference to corresponding thread example: sitngo strategy video page#44 in sitngo Tourney thread video #9 in tournament poker discussion. Having some type of general title other than just poker will allow easy cross reference. This also allows to cover multiple topic almost a lesure with out having to force a discussion at any one time and things will have a natural but organized progression.

I follow a couple really excellent tourney pros on twitter that are part of TornamentPokerEdge and when they make final tables they tweet out the location (most are on Carbon) and game. I think this would be a really cool live sweat thread we could start where one could post up a deep run or a final or even maybe a really juicy ring game and give posters a chance to watch or even just check in to route others on. This could even include our major events here on SBR for fun.

Likely we would have a Handhistory review thread where a lot of the hand posting and different discussion may end up. Not sure if we just leave it in what ever game type it fall under and shorten the total number.

Do you guys think it is worth it if we come to some title/header for our main thread a maybe somebody post up in PT or something? Personally I have gone weeks at least with out entering this forum.

Please add feedback when your able even if a few short ideas or confirmation of this direction.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Picks View Post
    Likely we would have a Handhistory review thread where a lot of the hand posting and different discussion may end up. Not sure if we just leave it in what ever game type it fall under and shorten the total number.

Do you guys think it is worth it if we come to some title/header for our main thread a maybe somebody post up in PT or something? Personally I have gone weeks at least with out entering this forum.

Please add feedback when your able even if a few short ideas or confirmation of this direction.
    I would keep it to the sub-forums and out of players talk. We've had attempts hand history threads before, but they just ended up being bad beat stories. We've had bonus threads that kinda faded away because no one kept up with them. Posting links can be iffy unless it's free stuff. I had links to books and videos here one time and was asked to take them down. I wouldn't mind getting some sort of skype/aim chat group together. I don't necessarily want to post everything on a board anymore.

As far as tournaments go, I don't play those much anymore. Honestly I really only play them on SBR and once in a blue moon on bovada when I sat into a bigger tournament or see a good spot to register late. I use to play tourneys and sngs all the time and have a decent grasp on them though. Mostly a 6-max ring game player now. I need motivation to improve though. I have so many things at my disposal that most other players don't have that I don't use. I've worked a lot of the mental aspect too trying to control/limit tilt. Have a little different view on bankroll than others do depending on your living situation. We could all likely learn a little from each other.

sinmiedo

i started a bank roll discussion, that in my opinion is very relevant as the life of the game depends on the money we have.
    Unfortunately last year i could not add anything to it due to experimenting with plo and limits out of my br scheme , a gross error that took 1/2 of my bankroll plus all the tournament winnings an some other profits, but is part of the never ending learning curve

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I really like this and appreciate the potential it has but I simply do not have the time, nor the interest (some would say the intelligence) to commit.

I mainly only play on SBR now for fun now to chill out a bit.

I wish you all the best in this and I will likely read all of it with interest!

Jedi Mind Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Oaftard View Post
    Allow me to take a moment from advocating my patented "beat the rig" strategies to say I'm totally on board with trying to start some meaningful poker dialogue in the forums. I think I'm in a little of the same boat that you are, in that I don't have many people to talk about poker intelligently with...and would find a peer group both helpful towards improvement and motivating towards achieving goals/milestones. I really like the fact that you consider the mental game along with the technical aspects of poker....I spent A LOT of time working on my mental game in the last year also ( using Tendler's Mental Game of Poker as almost a handbook, I taught myself how to be structured and disciplined in my approach to the game while being extremely self critical). I love doing sweats and analyzing hands ( almost as much as playing, I enjoy thinking about adjustments and lines as well as resolving ranges/tells). I think you have a great base list of things that a community effort could help to improve, and look forward to trying to be part of it.

PS I won't even mention shift key adjustments in technical conversations
    Tendler's TMGP has been one of the more useful tools I think for myself. What a realization it was when I was able to connect some of the learning models and aspects covered into not only my poker game but I also found it works in more than one are of my life. I was lucky to participate in a webinar a few months back that featured Jarred and several other poker coaches in a live Q+A.
    I picked up part 2 Playing in the zone but I just haven't made it through much yet. I like the audio versions because I can just throw it on in the car or when I'm out walking my dog or whatever.

Jedi Mind Picks

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I would keep it to the sub-forums and out of players talk. We've had attempts hand history threads before, but they just ended up being bad beat stories. We've had bonus threads that kinda faded away because no one kept up with them. Posting links can be iffy unless it's free stuff. I had links to books and videos here one time and was asked to take them down. I wouldn't mind getting some sort of skype/aim chat group together. I don't necessarily want to post everything on a board anymore.

As far as tournaments go, I don't play those much anymore. Honestly I really only play them on SBR and once in a blue moon on bovada when I sat into a bigger tournament or see a good spot to register late. I use to play tourneys and sngs all the time and have a decent grasp on them though. Mostly a 6-max ring game player now. I need motivation to improve though. I have so many things at my disposal that most other players don't have that I don't use. I've worked a lot of the mental aspect too trying to control/limit tilt. Have a little different view on bankroll than others do depending on your living situation. We could all likely learn a little from each other.
    I think the skype chat group is a great idea Dane, I have never really done much of that so far outside of a few webinar that were really large groups and professionally run. Maybe it would be good to plan something out, set a time and a loose time frame and jump in. It might be good just to see what directions we are looking to go as they are likely not the just yet but I'm ready. I agree that just posting up HH is not really the end game here and I cant do long long write ups all the time nor do I wish to. But I think I will throw up a couple threads as we go and see what happens. I am usually jumping into so many different games and sites that sometimes it throws me off and I end going in two many directions at once. Chat group is a good way to communicate. Come up with a time I'll jump in, we check for Sin and Oftard and if anyone else, then bam we are on our way. I have a couple Ideas for this coming April and would like to see what you guys are interested in or already doing.

Jedi Mind Picks

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I really like this and appreciate the potential it has but I simply do not have the time, nor the interest (some would say the intelligence) to commit.

Jump in when ever where ever BD, Tag along, follow, eaves drop, troll.

Burrrrrrp.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post

In the same boat as BD here, happily left that stuff behind when I stopped playing to pay the bills...but would probably follow along, especially for new reading material.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    In the same boat as BD here, happily left that stuff behind when I stopped playing to pay the bills...but would probably follow along, especially for new reading material.
    you have no time ?! assumptions quickly turning into facts lil kitty . pretty sure you were just making ends meet. no wonder you show so much envy and hate for my "family" business and betpoints handling
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 03-21-14 at 02:08 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    you have no time ?! assumptions quickly turning into facts lil kitty . pretty sure you were just making ends meet. no wonder you show so much envy and hate for my "family" business and betpoints handling
    Another post where you have nothing coherent to say...what a shocker Men are having an intelligent discussion here wulfy, shoo
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sinmiedo

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Another post where you have nothing coherent to say...what a shocker Men are having an intelligent discussion here wulfy, shoo

i guess it was eventually coming where you had to make sure the forum knows you're a man after are back and forth. A shame you don't gamble though.

sinmiedo

please guys
    keep your arguments away from this thread as we want to keep it educational .
    Thank you
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave sinmiedo 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet, and BeerDog99

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    please guys
    keep your arguments away from this thread as we want to keep it educational .
    Thank you
    My apologies sin..guy has harassed me non stop on the forum, come into all my threads when his two cents are not necessary and like a woman always has the last word. I had to say something when I read he used poker as a primary source of income ( nothing wrong with that just funny when I've heard him/ her represent himself/ herself differently). I will stop sin. Cheers .
    Nomination(s):

Lowly Oaftard

I think a Skype group is a good idea, and would like to participate....although the degree I could have anything to offer is limited to ring games ( I primarily play shorthanded ring games on Bovada). What is everyone's regular game and stakes? I play .25/.50 and .50/1 NLHE 6 max almost exclusively.
    Last edited by Lowly Oaftard; 03-21-14 at 06:51 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

I think a Skype group is a good idea, and would like to participate....although the degree I could have anything to offer is limited to ring games ( I primarily play shorthanded ring games on Bovada). What is everyone's regular game and stakes? I play .25/.50 and .50/1 NLHE 6 max almost exclusively.
    For what little I do play recreationally these days, it's NL50-NL600 (mostly 100 and 200 available), 9 max preferred, 6 max if I'm feeling aggressive. The biggest thing that gets me in trouble is not adjusting enough for the significantly different levels of play between levels...tend to adjust too much or too little from my standard NL100 game. Results in more variance and less EV overall, but is more entertaining...not really sure if I'd even want to change that, at least not until the competition gets tougher and I can't win enough.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

one educational point on trny play..... as I've seen what I thought was "trny poker 101" knowledge, but sbr players seem to have missed that entry level class -- including some who do well and a few who think, according to their posts, they are the absolute best players on this site........ WHEN YOU HAVE A SHORT STACK ALL IN AND TWO OTHER PLAYERS IN THE HAND........ CHECK IT DOWN UNLESS YOU HAVE THE NUTS OR SOMETHING VERY CLOSE TOO THEM..... Bluffing at a pot to drive the other player(s) out of the hand with the shortstack all in (when these other non-ss'd players may may be on a draw or have a small pair, for eg., and who may hit to take the short stack out), is a pure fish rookie move that would get u laffed out of the f'n casino in any real trny, and labeled as a joke and someone who's clueless. I see it two or three times a week on SBullshitR, and invariably the short stack wins the hand, chips up, and remains a factor in the trny -- often with the other large-stacked player who was blown out of the hand by the person firing at the pot making a comment of "damn, I would've taken him out if you hadn't bet me outta the hand."

There are very few times in a trny where collusion is entirely appropriate, and it is the unspoken rule in any real money trny, WHERE THE GOAL IS TO ELIMINATE PLAYERS, that two larger stacks will indeed check it down with a third-player who is shortstacked and all in, unless one really has a big hand. And before a bunch of your start taking pot shots, I'm not talking about hands where the shortstack has extremely minimal chips and is basically all in via the blinds, or has only a few hundred chips left in our daily bullshit trnys..... this applies where the short stack still has enough of a stack to be a factor if he doubles or triples up...... CHECK IT DOWN!!!!!!

There, just had to post about one of the biggest errors I see in playing the daily sbullshitr trnys, and one of my pet peaves as generally any mention of "hey, check it down with ss all in" gets a reply of "FCK YOU, U PLAY UR CARDS, I'LL PLAY MINE"...... such inane stupidity of a reply shows you the pure fish level of play of the player making the reply......

Lowly Oaftard

For what little I do play recreationally these days, it's NL50-NL600 (mostly 100 and 200 available), 9 max preferred, 6 max if I'm feeling aggressive. The biggest thing that gets me in trouble is not adjusting enough for the significantly different levels of play between levels...tend to adjust too much or too little from my standard NL100 game. Results in more variance and less EV overall, but is more entertaining...not really sure if I'd even want to change that, at least not until the competition gets tougher and I can't win enough.
    I know there isn't a whole lot of difference between 50-200NL at sixmax on Bovada....if anything, you get bigger fish at 100 or 200 as the guy who loads up 200 on his account on Friday night for some gamblin at the pokerz is probably going to put it all in play at once over 1 or 2 tables and try to run it up. I know my winrate is bigger at 100 than it is at 50....which probably also has something to do with insane Bovada rake at 50. And I've seen some ridiculous fishy play at 200 as well in the shots I've taken there. Also, the anon tables make a pretty big difference as far as adjustments. For example, playing on an non anon site with a HUD...there is much more of a 4bet+ game dynamic preflop, and you can tailor your 3bet ranges and 4bet/5bet responses to each villain as you play more hands with them. On anon tables....you rarely have more than 100-150 hands on a villain at a given table, and that's after sitting with them for an hour or two....so you need a more generalized strategy. Is most of your play at Bovada? Or are you outside the US playing on the bigger sites?
    Points Awarded:

Jedi Mind Picks gave Lowly Oaftard 500 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet

I know there isn't a whole lot of difference between 50-200NL at sixmax on Bovada....if anything, you get bigger fish at 100 or 200 as the guy who loads up 200 on his account on Friday night for some gamblin at the pokerz is probably going to put it all in play at once over 1 or 2 tables and try to run it up. I know my winrate is bigger at 100 than it is at 50....which probably also has something to do with insane Bovada rake at 50. And I've seen some ridiculous fishy play at 200 as well in the shots I've taken there. Also, the anon tables make a pretty big difference as far as adjustments. For example, playing on an non anon site with a HUD...there is much more of a 4bet+ game dynamic preflop, and you can tailor your 3bet ranges and 4bet/5bet responses to each villain as you play more hands with them. On anon tables....you rarely have more than 100-150 hands on a villain at a given table, and that's after sitting with them for an hour or two....so you need a more generalized strategy. Is most of your play at Bovada? Or are you outside the US playing on the bigger sites?
    Agreed, NL 50-100 are interchangeable, and NL200 is usually similar depending on site...there was a bigger difference on higher volume sites such as Stars and Tilt, but lower volume ones the differences aren't as pronounced. Even so, the higher limits usually require some adjustment, and 400 in particular sees my winrate drop quite a bit.

Mostly playing Seals recently (their mobile client is just awesome!), looking at maybe getting onto Intertops and ACR. Never tried bovada...anon probably wouldn't bother me much, I don't play with a hud anymore and play a pretty general version of my game. It's not so much that I don't want to think about or know the higher level play (kinda like a bicycle, you never really forget that stuff) but I don't want to be bothered applying it while playing for fun. If it got to the point where I had to do that stuff in order to win, I'd probably just quit playing cash.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

great thread.. im a big advocate of this type of discussion.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    WHEN YOU HAVE A SHORT STACK ALL IN AND TWO OTHER PLAYERS IN THE HAND........ CHECK IT DOWN UNLESS YOU HAVE THE NUTS OR SOMETHING VERY CLOSE TOO THEM.....
    Just blindly bluffing at it with air protects the SS and is weak, but if you take this to an extreme, you're costing yourself chips, value, tournament equity. If the SS is shoving with a huge range and you have a hand, then betting to protect your hand and not get drawn out on isn't a bad move. Especially early. The people laughing you out of the casino are the fish. The time that makes the most sense to check down is when you can move up in the money. Eliminating a player at that stage is huge and checking it down is usually a smart idea. Before that it's not that big of a deal.

Jedi Mind Picks

So we are starting some good conversation here so far. I am interested in hearing more opinions and exchanging info on a few other the topics mentioned so far and others not yet mentioned.

I think we can see how quickly poker discussions and posts can move in multiple directions. I am not looking to control or influence opinions about the topics but I would like to see them become loosely organized and have maybe a few guide lines so that they maybe grow and benefit the posters involved.

I think it is the right time to start a few sub threads under the same general title or header. I will name the thread(s) Color Up Poker and attach the sub thread name at the end:

-Color Up Tournament Poker
    -Color UP Cash Games
    -Color Up Sitngo Discussion
    I think these should get us started but I would like to see a few others open up such as Live Sweats/Live game updates and a General content (free links and reference to anything from software, videos,news and such ) If you have a better title please suggest it and we can just change it.

I just want to point out, I am not looking to run all of this on my own nor do I want to attempt to control it. So far we have some interest and I would like to see guys step up and jump in. I have no interest in being "The Guy". I will put effort into this and I think I have some good ideas along with a few other posters as well so lets make this work.

Let me be clear about this as I will in future sub threads...

-This is not a place to talk about SBR Poker!

-This is not a place to get at other players or posters over really anything at all. Lets keep it friendly and focused to the topic(s)

-This is not a place bad beat stories with little content or relevance.

-If you have something you thing possibly could be of value please add it. Question? Please ask. But if you feel the need to spew some random stuff that does not apply, there are plenty of other places to do that so please keep it moving.

-Lets keep it friendly! This could be really fun and beneficial. I'm a fairly easy going guy and hope to get to know some of you better. This game can get and is a very personal one. If I say or do something that you don't like, just brush it off or let me know so it can be addressed.

For now I think I may just edit this thread title and have it serve as our general communication as we get started.

Please give feed back, ideas and input.
    Last edited by Jedi Mind Picks; 03-22-14 at 09:12 PM.

sinmiedo

great idea. since i need a lot of help on the cash game section, specially the one play online

Jedi Mind Picks

Cash game sub thread is up titled "Color Up Poker Cash Game Thread"
    Please move and or continue all relevant discussion there, we have some good stuff started already.

Lowly Oaftard

Cash game sub thread is up titled "Color Up Poker Cash Game Thread"
    Please move and or continue all relevant discussion there, we have some good stuff started already.
    What sites/stakes/games do you play in Jedi?

Jedi Mind Picks

What sites/stakes/games do you play in Jedi?

I basically have ended up playing at any site that pays out regular with out a lot of problems or delays.
    I have had a Bovada account for quite a while now and it seems like most of my play has been focused there over the last few years.
    Carbon, ACR where I've gotten into some different rake races and stuff like that, and a few others that have been a waste of time or headache that I'm sure most know of or have tried. I still have a bunch of funds on Lock that seem to be lost and the Cake skins never really did anything great for me as far as getting paid when I needed to. I recently opened a seals account but not much play there yet and next month I might get in on some BCP races (same as ACR but I will get fresh deposit bonus).

I've mostly been playing 25-50nl range. I get in some 100nl but I just haven't been rolled as much lately for some of those games. Don't think I've played any 200 since maybe FTP and Ultimate poker. Sit n go I play mostly small stakes and get in a lot of volume and high multi tabling to try and stretch my game some. I really like MTT, I dont play as much as I should or want to. just not as convenient as the ring and sitngo's. I basically will play anything I'm rolled for but I get thin sometimes with multiple accounts and waiting and moving funds around. Sometimes I think I would be better off focusing on one site/player pool/stake and moving up some.

In around 6 months or so I'm moving back to to Jersey and am looking to get setup at a few of the new regulated sites and just hit them hard with max deposits and grind it out a while.

I'm interested in some of your insight on bovada ring games at some different levels and general opinions.
    I'm gonna fire a few random questions at you in the other Color UP Poker Cash Game Thread I started

sinmiedo

I basically have ended up playing at any site that pays out regular with out a lot of problems or delays.
    I have had a Bovada account for quite a while now and it seems like most of my play has been focused there over the last few years.
    Carbon, ACR where I've gotten into some different rake races and stuff like that, and a few others that have been a waste of time or headache that I'm sure most know of or have tried. I still have a bunch of funds on Lock that seem to be lost and the Cake skins never really did anything great for me as far as getting paid when I needed to. I recently opened a seals account but not much play there yet and next month I might get in on some BCP races (same as ACR but I will get fresh deposit bonus).

I've mostly been playing 25-50nl range. I get in some 100nl but I just haven't been rolled as much lately for some of those games. Don't think I've played any 200 since maybe FTP and Ultimate poker. Sit n go I play mostly small stakes and get in a lot of volume and high multi tabling to try and stretch my game some. I really like MTT, I dont play as much as I should or want to. just not as convenient as the ring and sitngo's. I basically will play anything I'm rolled for but I get thin sometimes with multiple accounts and waiting and moving funds around. Sometimes I think I would be better off focusing on one site/player pool/stake and moving up some.

In around 6 months or so I'm moving back to to Jersey and am looking to get setup at a few of the new regulated sites and just hit them hard with max deposits and grind it out a while.

I'm interested in some of your insight on bovada ring games at some different levels and general opinions.
    I'm gonna fire a few random questions at you in the other Color UP Poker Cash Game Thread I started
    i used to be a regular at Bodog/Bobada, but i moved to play only live cash games and on SBR poker to play a bit on DSI ( the winning network) unfortunatly that site has no traffic and is a waste of time. Im not much of a cash player and rather play sng but it takes too many nits, that is why i found plo more exicting, however that game has been my leak for over a year. i rather play 1 2 nl or .50 1 from now on.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Bump