kasthor
    kasthor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not blaiming the game but improving myself

Well just an idea...

I don't remember exaclty the hand ... but I know u will get the idea.. on the flop i get 2 pairs, there is a possible color draw, so i bet like 3 times the pot, last person to call thinks about it for a while and then calls with his whole chips which almost completes my bet... and yes.. with the color draw... and well ... he did hit his flush draw like he will do 1 of each 3 times...

well that's not new for any of us... i've in fact seen draws with less outs than this one.. and well.. i recall this one coz it was a big loss for me and i made my move right and this guy actually did the wrong decision by calling my bet.. but obviously i tilted after this hand.. by trusting too much pot odds and all those stuff...

but well then i began to think... i know that he did the wrong decision .. it's in fact a bad call, but was he able to notice that? i mean.. why did i tried to throw him away from the hand.. and then i realized that it was my fault not to thing if this "bad player" was able to fold his hands by thinking about pot odds....

a table with just players who know the odds would be so easy to beat... since u can give him the pot odds u want him to have... but that's not always the case... why should I blaim those players for doing whatever their instinct tells them to do?.. I know that 2 of 3 times I'm gonna win this pot... so i did well.. but that was the time I was meant to lose.. i play probabilities.. but probabilities are not facts... he played under dog.. but every caller has the right to win...

well going straight to the point ... what i learned on this hand.. and after some thinking was that i did the right play.. he called wrong.. i was hoping he to fold... but in fact i rather make him pay.. since i will win this hand 2 of each 3 times, but if my intention was to make him fold.. first of all i must be able to tell if this player was able to fold his drawing hand... and most important of all... stop blaiming him for my loss coz of his bad call but start improving my self by reading him.. knowing him and getting his bad calls to my stack like i would do most of the time....
    Last edited by kasthor; 03-23-07 at 10:57 AM.

nep1293
    nep1293's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad players will not fold flush draws. I swear they will call their entire stack no matter the odds they are getting. Sometimes it seems as if it would be less frustrating to just let them see the cards for real cheap and if they they hit the flush then you can get out of the hand.

kasthor
    kasthor's Avatar Become A Pro!

well... even more scary... last day at the tables I've seen 2 players *CALLING* all-in raises at the flop with AK to well-known *SOLID* women players w/o pair on a tourney ( not a final table ).... I think that they saw it on ESPN and try it themselves w/o knowing what's involved... but again... 6 Outs against something that's usually a big pair that usually means even less outs... well.. who wants to tell them that it was a bad call? 1st of all they will not understand it.. 1 of those players hit his A at 5th St. and become winner against QQ risking his tourney at early level, that costs the tourney to a good player but he's winning so he will not understand about bad calls at the moment and after all I prefer he to call me some levels later...