Applejax
    Applejax's Avatar Become A Pro!

Letter from RBC (Canadian bank) re: online poker

Letter from RBC (Canadian bank) re: online poker

I just got this letter from RBC

We are writing this letter to set out certain operational restrictions with respect to your accounts at RBC Royal Bank. As a federally-regulated financial institution, RBC is required by law to operate within defined regulatory parameters, and has accordingly created and implemented certain policies and procedures to ensure that these restrictions and regulatory expectations are observed. One of these policy requirements restricts the use of RBC accounts to facilitate online or Internet gambling. In light of these requirements, please do not use RBC accounts in connection with online gambling activities.

Please understand that our concerns with repect to the use of your RBC accounts are serious. If you continue to use your RBC accounts in connection with online gambling activities, we may have to exit our banking relationship with you.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

pretty wild. screw the banks, there's like a million these days anyways. you'd have lots of other options i'd assume if they actually would do that stupid shit

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yeah, time to exit your banking relationship with them...

Applejax
    Applejax's Avatar Become A Pro!

moneybookers transactions-don't use moneybookers to deposit/withdraw to your rbc account

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

RBC now too, what Canadian banks are left for moneybookers

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Old news, some people got the letter in February of this year. Large thread at 2+2 about it.

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

yes my advice is not to use that bank...

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Surprised, I have not seen this with CIBC. Love to know why the bank cares about gambling with your money.