mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Best books to learn poker quickly?

So i have been playing a little, but know nothing about the actual theory or anything like that, and im pretty awful.

I was wondering what the best books for a beginner to get into poker would be. Probably mainly internet stuff at first.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 10:41 AM.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave daneblazer 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Okst.BIGPLAYS
    Okst.BIGPLAYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Dude your loaded with books to read ha ha ha
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 10:41 AM.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I think Dutch Boyd recently released a book. Read this one if you want to know how to win 2 WSOP bracelets yet go online begging for a minimum wage job because you are a broke bastard.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Id like to know one or two who are the best for relative newbies. Thanks!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 10:42 AM.

moab
    moab's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    So i have been playing a little, but know nothing about the actual theory or anything like that, and im pretty awful.

I was wondering what the best books for a beginner to get into poker would be. Probably mainly internet stuff at first.
    I have been playing poker for 15 years. I play 5 to 6 days a week now. When I first started I remember loosing money and started reading books back then. The best book I would recommend for a beginner and all the way up to an advanced player for Texas Hold'em poker is Doyle Brunson's Super System book. Doyle explains the game the best for a beginner to understand while also being considered the Bible on the game by many people. Fantastic book! For tournamnet poker the Harrington on Hold'em series of three books would be my vote for best books on tournament poker. Read the reviews on Amazon for these books.
    Last edited by moab; 10-31-13 at 07:41 AM.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Theory of Poker first. It's dry, boring but essential. You can read anything after, but I would veer towards either Super/System or the Harrington series.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Losing your money at the beginning is how you learn

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Dan Harrington's books are excellent... by far the best in my opinion (i've read a dozen).

but keep in mind he explains from tight agressive position. in book 2 on cash games he has section to playing loose agressive style, but rest of books are tight agressive style. his tournament books are foremost authority on tournaments. cash game book is good transition. much different than tournament.

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

How far are you in your learning? How well do you know the game? There are many books out there. Go with Harrington's or even Phil Gordon's little green book ((he has a little blue book(tournament hands) and gold book(online play) once you get better).

Or even create a PSO account, on www.pokerschoolonline.com by PokerStars. They have a little bit of everything there.