stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

I lucked ou ton this $200 hand, but was it a bad play to you?

Would you have let QQ go earlier here when only 10j or KK beats you?

Date:2009/10/30 15:45:23 ETType:Cash GamesGame:Hold'em NLTable:'Polites IV' 9-maxBlinds: $0.50/1 Table info:

Posts big blind $1
    Seat 1: Jeremysl98 ($96.45)
    Seat 2: 60nlchump ($118)
    Seat 4: hoosak ($29)
    Seat 6: benymeg ($50.95)
    Seat 7: Sun2Tzu ($44.45)
    Dealer
    Seat 8: cookie aaaa ($57.75)
    Posts small blind $0.50
    Seat 9: bersekus ($100)

Dealt to 60nlchump

Check odds
    Preflop: (Pot: $1.50)

CALL 60nlchump, $1
    FOLD hoosak
    FOLD benymeg
    FOLD Sun2Tzu
    FOLD cookie aaaa
    CALL bersekus, $.50
    CHECK Jeremysl98

Check odds
    Flop: (Pot: $3)

BET bersekus, $3
    FOLD Jeremysl98
    CALL 60nlchump, $3

Check odds
    Turn: (Pot: $9)

BET bersekus, $7
    RAISE 60nlchump, to $14
    RAISE bersekus, to $40
    CALL 60nlchump, $26

River: (Pot: $89)

BET bersekus, $56 and is ALL-IN
    CALL 60nlchump, $56

Showdown:

SHOWS bersekus

SHOWS 60nlchump

60nlchump wins the pot of $198 with a full house, Queens full of Nines

MichaelC
    MichaelC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve,

I don't see a problem with you staying on turn or moving in w/ river holding obv. I just wonder why no preflop to raise to stop say k-10 from limping?

You can't ever let this go on the flop after hitting your set.

GL

Mike

fishaholictaz
    fishaholictaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No it is hard to let go of a set. I agree with Michael though you should have put out a healthy pre flop raise...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

At no point does folding QQ make sense.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

the lack of a preflop raise is the obvious big one and I also think you should raise more on the turn as there alot of draws out there that would be getting a really good price to call and, of course, there alot of hands that you could have solidly beat that would call a big raise... After he reraises I think slowing down and just calling is alright as there is no way I'm laying down trip queens on that board...

fishaholictaz
    fishaholictaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are the lay downs that keep you in the big tournaments though. But I would have pushed after the flop make them pay to get there...

MichaelC

Quote Originally Posted by fishaholictaz View Post
    These are the lay downs that keep you in the big tournaments though. But I would have pushed after the flop make them pay to get there...

Agreed, but in cash you have to pound it since your sitting with 100 usd or so at .50 cent table.

lolyoutard
    lolyoutard's Avatar Become A Pro!

You played it terrible. UTG limp...ok i guess but i have a feeling you were gonna limp call. Flop call... terrible. Turn min raise... terrible. Turn 3bet flat... just bad. River... perfection

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by lolyoutard View Post
    You played it terrible. UTG limp...ok i guess but i have a feeling you were gonna limp call. Flop call... terrible. Turn min raise... terrible. Turn 3bet flat... just bad. River... perfection
    On behalf of the community I thank you for your valuable input here. So helpful of you to point out what you disagree with instead of just mindlessly flaming like a useless donk (ironic, huh).

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I hate the limp preflop and I hate the call on the flop..that board has a ton of texture, and raising here would merit some value. Other than that pretty standard, you're not going to fold a set. I mean maybe just maybe if you have a great read on the opponent and you know he wouldn't 4bet the flop (after you should have raised) without having KK, 99, J10..and that he will always get away from a naked king and maybe two pair..then maybe a fold would be a correct. In low limit hold'em games, it's hard to fold a set with 100BBs. It usually takes 50ishh probably more BB's to know your beat and at that point you're committed.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

i didnnt interested in poker

BustedPretext
    BustedPretext's Avatar Become A Pro!

Suicide King pretty much hit it. Raise flop every time.

I've also recently become an opponent of limping UTG with big hands. I'm guessing you would Reraise a raise from late position (or you risk playing that hand OOP with no real range on opponent). I think limp raise from early position limits your value at every stage of the hand. If you raise 3x you can come over the top against a raise from a loose player or adjust to a tighter player. Really can't fold that hand though at any point.

What hand converter do you use? And what site is that from?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Unless I'm against several opponents and there is a really scary board....you'll have to pry away a set from my cold dead hands. If I end up losing with a set, it just isn't my day.

The worst thing there was no PF raise. Queens in EP are weak if you let a few players in to see the flop for next to nothing.

Raise PF then reraise on the flop.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Did you limp UTG preflop hoping for an aggressive player to raise?

I don't hate the limp if your intention was a squeeze play.

Was it a tight or loose table?

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Did you limp UTG preflop hoping for an aggressive player to raise?

I don't hate the limp if your intention was a squeeze play.

Was it a tight or loose table?
    A lot of hyper aggro betting on the table, that's why the limp, as looking to deguise my hand the whole way.

MichaelC

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    A lot of hyper aggro betting on the table, that's why the limp, as looking to deguise my hand the whole way.

Thats all the more reason you want to bet hard. If they are super aggro then I doubt they are paying attention to what you have to closely. This is the time you can punish those players.

nybigapple
    nybigapple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Going with no reads, it's unlikely someone in the small blind smooth calls with KK. Very possible, but unlikely. 10 J is definitely a possiblitiy. From that large reraise he gave you, you're up against the straight, a set, and against a looser player the KQ two pair. I'm not giving anybody credit for the set of kings. If he has the straight, you'll have 10 outs on the river to reach the house. You're putting 26 into 63 plus the implied odds of his last 56. So even if you think he has the straight you're getting $119 for $26 on a 21.3% chance and have to call.