hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

mods blankoblanco abusing disconnect protection

Internet goes out exactly when facing pot size bet on river for about his whole stack in 1/2 PLO. so he unplugged router/modem. funny thing is, he sat right back in next hand and resumed playing. he abused disconnect protection. he was not calling pot size bet on river with 2 pair (7s, 6s) in omaha, this and would have folded had you sbrs disconnect protection allowed him to cheat. suspend him from poker or yank his free disconnect protection. cannot reward players for this. This is CHEATING. he didn't have any connectivity problems before or after the hand. just got a free showdown when he would have otherwise had to call $45 bet on river with 2pair (7, 6s) (didn't want to do that with 9 out and so many straights out and no low hand). he wasnt disconnectd. he CHEATED.

***** Hand history (v1.2) ***** Hand ID 3137805 $1/$2 PL Omaha Hi/Lo (Pot Limit) - 01:35:41 22/04/2013 ET Table 'Gut Shot', 6 seats max, Real money Seat 1 is the button. Small Blind $1, Big Blind $2 Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 6 Seat 1 (playing) : hockey216, amount $205, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 3 (playing) : blankoblanco, amount $90.20, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 6 (playing) : GUMMO77, amount $254.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None) blankoblanco: Small Blind ($1) GUMMO77: Big Blind ($2) ** Dealing Down Cards
    ** Dealt to hockey216: [Kd, Qd, As, Js] hockey216: Raise [btn] ($7) blankoblanco: Call ($6) GUMMO77: Fold ** Dealing Flop ** Community cards: [3d, 2s, 6d]
    blankoblanco: Check ($0) hockey216: Bet [pre] ($15.20) blankoblanco: Call ($15.20)
    ** Dealing Turn ** Community cards: [9s]
    blankoblanco: Check ($0) hockey216: Check [btn] ($0)
    ** Dealing River ** Community cards: [7h]
    blankoblanco: Check ($0) hockey216: Bet [btn] ($45.40)
    ** End Round ** ** Evaluate **
    hockey216: Show Cards ($0) blankoblanco: Show Cards ($0) ** Showdown ** Main pot $45.40, Rake $1 Side pot #1 $45.40, Rake $0 Summary hockey216: bet $67.60, won $45.40, net $-22.20, HoleCards [Kd, Qd, As, Js], HiHand [high card ace] [As, Kd, 9s, 7h, 6d], won $45.40 from side pot #1 Summary blankoblanco: bet $22.20, won $45.40, net $23.20, HoleCards [2d, 7c, Kh, 6h], HiHand [two pairs, sevens and sixes] [7h, 7c, 6h, 6d, 9s], won $45.40 from main pot
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-22-13 at 01:57 AM.
    Points Awarded:

blankoblanco gave hockey216 46 SBR Point(s) for this post.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Sigh, I knew you would think I did it on purpose. The thing disconnected. Have literally never done this to anyone playing 1/2 and crap, so why would the first time I do it be for a $40 bet? Of course I sat back in. The power didn't go out, my wireless screwed up at a pretty inopportune time.

Doubt you're gonna believe me but whatever, all I can do is tell you the truth. I don't care that much about 40 pts, like wtf is that worth $3? Would you like me to send you 45 pts or whatever it is? Because I was trying to click fold on the river, didn't even realize until this post that I got some of it back.

blankoblanco

Btw I'm probably way more annoyed this happened than you are. Have played thousands of hands on SBR poker, have dc'd occasionally but this is the first time I'm aware of where it's happened like this and screwed somebody else over rather than just screwing myself over. Last thing I want is anyone thinking I'm a scumbag over 40 penetrating poker rollover pts when I have like 3k pts in poker rollover, and have probably faced dozens of much larger bets where I never once abused dc protection because I think that's a shitty thing to do. If I valued a few poker pts over my reputation I would have killed myself by now. I hate scumbags, welchers, liars... loathe them, and I hate the idea that due to some ridiculously bad timing on a random internet spaz anyone would associate me with one. It annoys the shit out of me, but unfortunately I can't make you believe I'm telling the truth, and that sucks.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Sigh, I knew you would think I did it on purpose. The thing disconnected. Have literally never done this to anyone playing 1/2 and crap, so why would the first time I do it be for a $40 bet? Of course I sat back in. The power didn't go out, my wireless screwed up at a pretty inopportune time.

Doubt you're gonna believe me but whatever, all I can do is tell you the truth. I don't care that much about 40 pts, like wtf is that worth $3? Would you like me to send you 45 pts or whatever it is? Because I was trying to click fold on the river, didn't even realize until this post that I got some of it back.
    Odds of it never happening at all over TONS of time, and then randomly happening by chance at the exact point you are facing about an ALL IN bet with a lousy pair of 6's? Very low. Then connection "resumed" after immediately and never had any more problems. Odds of disconnection starting by chance at a specific 5second interval is less than 1 in a billion.

odds of it being beause you couldn't call your whole stack on river with pair 6's after you missed low draw, and abused disconnect protection, astronomically higher. A billion times higher. It was only AFTER my pot size river bet for your whole stack that your connection went out. It was fine before for you to chase your draw, and it was fine for you to check the river. Then all of a sudden after you face all in bet, it goes out? No way.

You cheated. you got caught. Just admit it instead of denying it. I respect a confession, and will forgive you. I get more upset when people lie to try to cover it up. Just admit it, and promise never to do it again, and don't do it again, and everything will be dandy.

but thank you for returning the points. you never made a call on the river. you were not entitled to showdown. i have the right to bet river, and make you call to see showdown. If you don't call river bet, your hand goes into muck and is not entitled to see showdown. you never called.

but, you should just tell the truth and fess up. nobody wants to falsely accuse anybody. This happening for first time ever, when your connection perfect, all randomly when you're facing an all in bet with nothing, has a probability that is astronomically low.Probability astronomically higher that you cheated. Your story is not believable.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-22-13 at 01:48 AM.

blankoblanco

Sigh I don't know what else to tell you. Didn't cheat. The timing of it was ridiculous and I would have instantly been suspicious if I were you too, but I did not disconnect on purpose and that's the God's honest truth.

If I wanted to cheat can you tell me why nobody else on this entire board would say I've ever done it to them over the thousands of hands I played? You like your "odds" questions so much, how bout this one: if I were a cheater, what are the odds that the first and only time I'd ever do it was a 40 pt bet from you, an outspoken poster who would instantly call anyone out for suspected cheating (as you should)? Who cares how much the bet was of my "stack" when I have 3k in rollover dude, I can reload forever.

Also why would I admit that I was gonna fold, and then give you the points that you would have won from me folding​? So then not only do I end up looking bad, but I profit no pts from dcing? I could have easily just said I was trying to call, so we would have chopped anyway. And you know who would say that? Someone who cared enough to lie or cheat over 40 pts. I realize how unlikely the timing is, but if it was an attempt at a scam, then like none of that makes any sense at all. It would be the dumbest scam attempt ever. These dumb actions are the actions of someone being honest, even knowing you're still not going to believe me. Nothing else I can do, man.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Your story is not believable.
    blankoblano explained things very well and the overall context he provides makes him 100% believable

Just a flukey occurrence, hockey... SBR poker disconnect issues are nothing new

Really read and THINK about what he's telling you... he's being honest

hockey216

Look the only person who knows for sure what happened is blanco. there is some probability that he is being honest. but the odds of a disconnect during any specific 10second interval by chance, when you've had perfect connection for long time in past, is astronomically low. When people get "disconnected" at the exact point that they're facing an all in river bet with a thin hand, it should raise clear red flags. Probability of it happening by chance is too small. Don't believe me? Run 1,000 trials of 5-10 second intervals, and see how many times you get disconnected. The probability of this happening within a specific 10second interval by chance, and not because he cheated, is astronomically low. Top that off with motive (didn't want to call an all in bet). Top that off with fact that even within hand, it never got disconnected until AFTER he was facing a pot size bet on river for almost his whole stack. He checked perfectly fine on river. why not disconnected some other point in hand? Of all times for disconnect to randomly occur (very small probability), it happens during the exact time when he's facing a pot size bet on river for his whole stack, and doesn't want to call? That is a HUGE coincidence. It is possible? Yes. Probable? No.

i don't want to falsely accuse anybody. If your story is in fact true, then i am sorry. but it's a very convenient time for something with an astronomically low probability to happen by chance. Wasn't disconnected long. As soon as he got the pot, the internet resumes and has no more issues. there's clear reason to be suspicious. Of all the times to be disconnected, happens in a big hand, and within the hand, happens right after opponent makes a pot size bet on river for his whole stack?

Not also that players abuse disconnect protection to avoid having to call big bets. The history of when players abuse disconnect protection (getting out of having to call big river bet with mediocre hand) matches the scenario here.

Could he be telling the truth? Yes, it is possible. But the odds dictate that he cheated. I don't want to falsely accuse anybody, but this is very suspicious. People abuse disconnect protection to avoid having big bets. When someone is facing a big river bet, and gets disconnected for the first time right then, and especially when connection resumes IMMEDIATELY after the hand with no further problems, red flags should go up. period.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-22-13 at 07:07 AM.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Hockey looking like a dumbass once again...go stuff your face with pizza and STFU
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: my_nameaintearl

cmval
    pokerz
    cmval's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

lol weird thread

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Hockey looking like a dumbass once again...go stuff your face with pizza and STFU
    I wasn't talking to you. So mind your own business and YOU STFU!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    I wasn't talking to you. So mind your own business and YOU STFU!
    Or what you overweight piece of shit.

whichever of our parents that hoped for a daughter must be proud how big of a pussy you are