Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

I got felted tonight (was it avoidable?)

1/2 NL (Live)

Game is full nine handed game. I have about $160 and raise a 2-3 limpers on the button with AJo to $12. The big blind calls (Very tight player) and the player next to me (just a horrible player, bets $10 into $70 pots, calls big bets on river with bottom pair, tries to limp and play every hand) calls.

Flop comes J53 (two diamonds)

The very tight player leads out and bets $25 and the terrible player calls. Its just not the type of flop the tight player should have any kind of two pair hands and I just don't think it connected with him. I played this game a ton and guys that lead out into the raiser are usually not strong and bet things like flush draws small pairs ect, on boards that likely did not hit pre-flop raiser. I honestly did not give a shit what the terrible player had because he sucks. So I raise to $80 and BB folds and terrible player calls.

The turn is a 3 (non diamond) and bad player checks, I think the bad player either has a worse J or flush draw so I just bet the rest that I have. Horrible player calls and flips over pocket JJ and I'm felted. I get snapped by these shit players and there limping in with big hands and then just calling with big hand when str8 draws and flush draws could be out there.

Needles to say even though I double the guy up he lost it all back before he left.

ticklz
    Tick L Me Elmo
    ticklz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

i guess your read wasnt that good on idiot player....

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by ticklz View Post
    i guess your read wasnt that good on idiot player....
    hard to put someone on pocket JJ when they just limp in.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

It's unavoidable imo. He'll have a worse J more often than a set, and if your read is he's horrible he'll call with a worse J every time. Have to maximize profit on those times you're gonna win.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    It's unavoidable imo. He'll have a worse J more often than a set, and if your read is he's horrible he'll call with a worse J every time. Have to maximize profit on those times you're gonna win.
    I agree Jimmy.

Hard to get away from hands sometimes in capped buy in games. The main problem with the hand was the UTG guy leading out forcing me to bet bigger. Had it checked to me I could have bet half pot and half pot again and maybe got away on a turn check raise.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    1/2 NL (Live)

Game is full nine handed game. I have about $160 and raise a 2-3 limpers on the button with AJo to $12. The big blind calls (Very tight player) and the player next to me (just a horrible player, bets $10 into $70 pots, calls big bets on river with bottom pair, tries to limp and play every hand) calls.

Flop comes J53 (two diamonds)

The very tight player leads out and bets $25 and the terrible player calls. Its just not the type of flop the tight player should have any kind of two pair hands and I just don't think it connected with him. I played this game a ton and guys that lead out into the raiser are usually not strong and bet things like flush draws small pairs ect, on boards that likely did not hit pre-flop raiser. I honestly did not give a shit what the terrible player had because he sucks. So I raise to $80 and BB folds and terrible player calls.

The turn is a 3 (non diamond) and bad player checks, I think the bad player either has a worse J or flush draw so I just bet the rest that I have. Horrible player calls and flips over pocket JJ and I'm felted. I get snapped by these shit players and there limping in with big hands and then just calling with big hand when str8 draws and flush draws could be out there.

Needles to say even though I double the guy up he lost it all back before he left.
    you can't always assume horrible players have garbage. sure, many times they do. but they get the same % of good hands as anyone else. They flop the nuts just as much as anyone else. That's what makes loose agressive players so deadly. Players don't believe them, call them all the way down, and the loose player easily wins huge pots with strong hands. You can't always just blindly assume bad players have nothing. they will eventually get a strong hand, get you to put all your money in, and take your whole stack. just like they did here.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

was fine IMO, could have easily got called by worse.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i really wonder what the hell the tight player had tho, looked an awful lot like a worse jack but that would be impossible.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i really wonder what the hell the tight player had tho, looked an awful lot like a worse jack but that would be impossible.
    A lot of time they do this with small pocket pair, bottom or middle pair on a non threatening board. I had played very tight that night so that flop was not likely to hit me. But that bad player was a calling station. So not sure what he was thinking.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The flop raise makes it nearly impossible to get away from unless you have some soul read esp if you have Ad, but its not bad because your hand is strong but vulnerable to so many hands vs 2 players. Playing 50-75bb deep is tough and $160 is pretty close to that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    66-TT my guess ...maybe Ax s. He'd come out firing there hoping to take it down or get HU vs "terrible player"'s huge range...that board doesn't connect with much.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 04-19-13 at 10:08 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    66-TT my guess ...maybe Ax s. He'd come out firing there hoping to take it down or get HU vs "terrible player"'s huge range...that board doesn't connect with much.
    you are probably right but he doesnt sound too tight leading into 2 guys with less then top pair or a big draw. i dont think he had ace high fd because he likely would have stuck around for the turn.