daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

50NL Hand opinion

Playing 50Nl 6-max online when this hand came up.

Have JhJc on the button with around $55. Two limpers to me and I make it $2.50. High vpip fish in the SB with $40ish calls as well as a 30/0 station with about $33 in the BB. The two limpers fold. Flop is

Ts 9s 2d

SB checks, BB fires out $7.00. BB has been passive pre-flop but has shown a bit of aggression post-flop. I min raise to $14 because I don't want to risk calling and letting the SB tag along and catch an overcard if he wants to pay for his draw so be it. Anything higher pot commits me to the BB.

SB folds and BB shoves over the top for his remaining amount so I'd have to call about $15-16 more.

We call this even though he's a station showing aggression?
    Points Awarded:

moses millsap gave daneblazer 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

moses millsap gave daneblazer 45 SBR Point(s) for this post.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

14$ in the pot, u min raise, 21$ in the pot, which leaves him to call 7$ more or shove for his last 21$?

all the money is going in anyways, doesnt really matter what u do

if hes tight aggressive hes gonna play over pair, flush/straigh draw, set... all the same exact way

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I basically agree with YouMama except I would have probably raised more pre-flop with two limpers and the blinds in.

Therefore there would be more $$ in the pot and that would mean the numbers again play out where the guy only has one option, to shove.

I would guess he is playing something like A10 or QJs/78s, obviously there is a chance he has a set or 2 pair but I doubt very much an overpair.

So, it comes down to if you are feeling lucky and/or have a solid read, are you already dead or will your over pair hold? Without running the numbers against his hand range, I really have a hard time calling off an additional 21$ with only an overpair.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up calling him and he proudly showed a set of deuces.

Still unsure if he plays a draw like that. Unfortunately I didn't have that much history on him and probably never will.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i woulda called, you could have gotten away if he was as deep as u IMO

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Kind of a shitty spot with a 30/0 leading out but you mentioned he was somewhat aggressive post flop in some spots. I'd rely on the #s you have on him (PT/HEM) for his post flop play and adjust from there. I don't like your min raise, because it commits you. If you were worried about him being very strong with his lead out, did you ever consider just calling his flop bet and representing a draw if a K, 8, or spade peeled off (turning your jacks into a bluff since you got blockers for the straight). I think this works better live when you just know sometimes, but given his stack, I don't see how you can effectively move him off his hand with a turn and river barrel since he's so short anyhow, but something to consider when playing deep.

troidatoi12
    troidatoi12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

call>>>fold>>Shove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>min-raise

1. You want the fish to tag along
    2. raising isolates you vs a strong range
    3. you are giving odds to draw, therefore losing value/equity by min-raising
    4. Betting OoP without the initiative is a strong sign

You played bad, and you should feel bad.