thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

1/2 hand 2 on 5 dimes on 1/2

gona do a bonus hand for today.

6 handed game, one limp (had been doing it frequently), i make it 7 on the button with ah6h.

both blinds call as well as limper and we go to the flop.

flops qh9h4c, sb checks, bb bets 16, limper folds and i make it 44?

no real reads on big blind but id been pretty snug up and we had played hands together for about 45 minutes.

everyone in the hand has over 100bbs, bb has a monster stack i have around 300.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 01-02-13 at 04:03 PM. Reason: included stack sizes

IMightBluff
    Because it was suited!
    IMightBluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1141

Unless you are really good at reading hands and table dynamic why would you ever isolate a limper with A6s? If its folded around to you than its a standard open.

You hit your Ace, and your not happy bc ur kicker is shitty ect. I would prefer folding or limping the A6s, so that you could flop big and stack someone. Also it is really easy to play if you limp.

On that qh9h4c flop if you limped and it checks all around to you than you simply pot it. Otherwise since you already raised than cbet 1/2 pot + 1bbper person.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by IMightBluff View Post
    Unless you are really good at reading hands and table dynamic why would you ever isolate a limper with A6s? If its folded around to you than its a standard open.
    There's times I'm isolating or even 3betting to isolate with Kx much less Ax. You get some maniac playing 60-70% of his hands and you're ahead of his range the majority of the time.

IMightBluff
    Because it was suited!
    IMightBluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1141

I know lol but isolating like that is for advanced players that can play extremely well post flop. And no offence but I don't think OP is at that skill level yet.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Im at that skill level, i think limping in there is pretty weak, especially against a guy whos always limping, its pretty standard raise on the button.

Bluff try reading these hands CAREFULLY please, this is the 2nd straight hand u have completely messed up your response, a guy has donked into me here, im simply asking if guys like the raise or just a call, not asking what wuld happen if i limp and its checked to me.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

What's the question here? Should you raise? Yes I would absolutely. You most likely get called and either hit your cherry on the turn or you get it checked to you on the turn and you can take a free card if you choose. Either way, I think the raise continues to disguise your hand and keeps you in control of the pot.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I don't really mind a limp pf on the button. Then again I hate A6

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If no reads on the BB it's generally safe to assume he's fairly tight if you haven't noticed him do anything out of the ordinary in 45 minutes. Those players usually don't come out firing 4 handed without catching the flop. The raise is good and you have outs if called, but if he calls that its probably time to think about shutting it down unless a heart comes.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ya the main question is should i raise or call the bbs lead into me on the flop. preflop, im pretty much always raising a guy like that with a suited ace on the button. flop is obviously at least a call.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

anyways continuing the hand, the small blind folds and the big blind calls and the turn is 8s. he checks, now what?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Just my opinion, but I'm taking the free card. Tried the semi-bluff and it didn't work. With no strong reads, I don't want to play a big pot with a draw or ace high. He fired into a 4-way pot and called your re-raise. Best you can really hope for is that he's on a draw too.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

You can't bet the turn unless you know for an almost certainty that your opponent it a good enough player to fold top pair there. Taking the free card in most cases.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

^^^^^

Agree with what Tat has to say.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    You can't bet the turn unless you know for an almost certainty that your opponent it a good enough player to fold top pair there. Taking the free card in most cases.
    pretty good response here. his range was IMO:

q10,qj,qk (weighted strongly to those 3)

worse flush draw

j10 (only hand that the 8 helped IMO)

i felt like i had a good enough read that he wouldnt be able to play for stacks with just the queen against me. he had been playing fairly snug, and i had a tight image as well, mainly due to getting awful cards. i decided to bet 60 with the intent of folding if he shoved and shoving most rivers if he called and checked to me.

i didnt want to bet more then 60 because:

1. i wanted to get away from it against a CRAI (check raise all in)

2. i felt like this looked like i really wanted a call.

3. if he did have a worse flush draw, this would keep him around, which i didnt mind one bit.

anyways he ended up folding fairly quickly, im guessing he probably had the queen and made a tight laydown.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by IMightBluff View Post

You hit your Ace, and your not happy bc ur kicker is shitty ect. I would prefer folding or limping the A6s, so that you could flop big and stack someone. Also it is really easy to play if you limp.

On that qh9h4c flop if you limped and it checks all around to you than you simply pot it. Otherwise since you already raised than cbet 1/2 pot + 1bbper person.