thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

1/2 nl hand on 5dimes on 1/2

weird how that worked out. anyways its 6 handed im on the button with kj offsuit.

UTG folds, UTG+1 min raises (had a small stack of about 70), CO calls (had played with him before, doesnt seem to be too strong), i call, both blinds call. me and the other 4 players have between 150 and 200.

flops k57 rainbow all check to me i bet 14, only cutoff calls.

turns a 2, completing the rainbow, we both check, i check (this is the discussion point, i had my reasons and im glad i did in hindsight).

rivers a 3, he checks i bet 33 and he thinks for a bit and calls and i end up winning.

kinda felt like i woulda lost him if i bet the turn.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 01-02-13 at 04:03 PM.

IMightBluff
    Because it was suited!
    IMightBluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1141

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    (had a small stack of about 70)
    Why would you be sitting $1/$2 with a $70 stack? Always sit with 100bb and add on chips to 100bb.

UTG+1 min raises
    In 6max its not called UTG+1 but EP ( Early Position )
    SB | BB | UTG | EP | MP | CO| BTN

i call, both blinds call. me and the other 4 players have between 150 and 200.
    I think the call is fine.

flops k57 rainbow all check to me i bet 14, only cutoff calls.
    The pot is SB+BB $8, EP $4, BTN $4 so $15ish after rake. I dont see why you would bet almost pot. I think $9-$10 pot would be optimal as it would have the same result if you bet $15. So your investing less money to win more. Better ROI

turns a 2, completing the rainbow, we both check, i check (this is the discussion point, i had my reasons and im glad i did in hindsight).
    Your stack at this point is about $48 and the pot is $43.

Scenario 1 ( your scenario) Here you got 2 options. You either go all in but I dont really like it that much. Since pretty much if he has you beat he would call. I think betting like $25 ish and shoving river no matter what since you would have $18 left. I think this would be the most optimal in your situation imo.

Scenario 2 ( if you were full stack) The pot would be around $35 ish and you would cbet $20-$22, than cbet river if Q A or T didint come. Otherwise check back.

If i sounded like a douche during the explanation I didint mean to lol, just giving you a full analysis of what I think is best.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Could be wrong, but I think he means the UTG +1 stack was 70

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If you're checking to show weakness to get value out of 7x hands or something like 88-JJ later it's fine. Sets and AK-K9 are probably staying around anyway. You're not really charging him for a draw on that board. I don't know how much $ the CO had, but it keeps the pot smaller. If you bet the turn he calls then he fires out a big bet on the river you have a tough decision to make.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Ya dane i mean utg+1 has 70.

There really wasnt any draws so i decided to get a little tricky. If he did have a draw by some chance i leave the bluffing door open.

Bluff i said utg+1 to avoid confusion so everyone was clear that it was the next player to act who min raised, normally i wuldnt say that.

I just posted the results on this one because it was pretty straightforward, i think in his eyes it looks like a steal on the river, sure he culd suckout but his outs were minimal.

Like dane also said it was a bit of pot control the check in case he had something like kq 55 or 77

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by IMightBluff View Post

If i sounded like a douche
    I'd venture to say that you've sounded like a douche on every post of yours I've read to date other than your posting of picks. Try and work on that.