thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i aint tryin to make him defend anything, pointing out the obvious. theres a lot of big pros who blow through their chips in 5 minutes in those tournies and move on to the next tournament. some guys put in a lot of time to make this event and they deserve to get play outta it, as it could be the biggest buy in they ever played.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

5k with 10 minute levels sounds good..

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

10k/15 minute levels/antes start Level 5 after first break. Should have about a 10-15% elimination rate in the first hour and by late in the 2nd hour half the field is gone. People grinded these out for months, give them at least a decent shot at an hour of playtime.
    Points Awarded:

JACK MATZ gave FuzzyDunlop 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i aint tryin to make him defend anything, pointing out the obvious. theres a lot of big pros who blow through their chips in 5 minutes in those tournies and move on to the next tournament. some guys put in a lot of time to make this event and they deserve to get play outta it, as it could be the biggest buy in they ever played.
    No,

this was your premise he responded to:

i dont get why people think a 55 cent tournament should be the same structure as a 175 dollar one.

It doesn't matter if blinds were every 30 seconds with a 1000 chip stack or everything 30 hours with a 1 million chip stack...he was only showing you that small tournaments do have the same structure as big ones.

It doesn't matter to me what it'll be set at, I'm only 10% chance to make it anyway, but I just find it hilarious people think they are going to get so much more "skill" in with 5k chips and 10min blinds over 4k chips 8 min blinds.

I'm starting to see which of you guys I'd see at the heads up tourney with a no blind increase structure and a 200bb starting stack.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    10k/15 minute levels/antes start Level 5 after first break. Should have about a 10-15% elimination rate in the first hour and by late in the 2nd hour half the field is gone. People grinded these out for months, give them at least a decent shot at an hour of playtime.
    I wouldn't be opposed to this, but don't really want to be playing all day either..I think 5k with 10 minute blinds will suffice..

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ur missing the point rudy, everything built up to this tournament. stars runs multiple satellites for their big weekly event. bigger names throw 200 in to try and get a big run and cash for 6 figures. this isnt the same scenario. some people play this every day for 6 months. personally i played most of em cuz it fit into my schedule nicely.

sbr is calling this championship event, it needs to play out a little as opposed to a 5 bb stack fighting a 7 bb stack for 5000 dollars.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We'll incorporate the consensus into the set-up of the Championship.

Stay tuned

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i agree with jake, 5k 10 minute blinds 3-4 hours which is some play but not all night. then the sbr members will go on to their full saturday night of probably doing absolutely nothing in 90% of cases.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to this, but don't really want to be playing all day either..I think 5k with 10 minute blinds will suffice..
    Should clarify, by making the Antes start at Level 5, the 10/20 and 15/30 levels would be eliminated. Play would start at 25/50.

JAKEPEAVY21

i agree with jake, 5k 10 minute blinds 3-4 hours which is some play but not all night. then the sbr members will go on to their full saturday night of probably doing absolutely nothing in 90% of cases.
    classic lol...sad but true

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I just wanted to add my opinion in to essentially agree with what I believe most players have said, making the Championship more than a shovefest within 1.5hrs is important.

Thetrinity has made some very valid points.

The satellite structures in regular online and live tourneys never have had anything to do with what the final tourneys are structured.

Other than normal turbo tourneys, most larger buyin tourneys (online and live) have a bigger starting stack and longer blind levels.

I, along with a lot of people, have tried very hard over these past months to make this tourney so I hope this is not the same turbo style tourney.

I for one, think it is worth it to stay in a little longer on Saturday night to have a 1 in 86 chance to win $5000.

That all said, everyone has an opinion, just pointing out mine.

And to Rudys point about people thinking they are better and that is why they want the longer tourney, that is not true (at least of me).

I don't think I am better than a significant number of the top players that will be in the tourney but I know that if there is enough chips in play with enough blind level times to stretch it out a bit, I have a better chance to overcome bad luck against the lesser players and a better chance to have some good luck against the better players.

Cheers and good luck to all! And thanks a lot to SBR and dsi for putting this on for us!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, The Giant, thetrinity, bobbywaves, and Bob Loblaw

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

they also have thousands of players, it would take days if they let it play out properly.
    Some of their tournaments do take a couple of days to play out.

But I agree with your other points since it is a final "championship" and lot "work" to make it should last a little longer.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I just wanted to add my opinion in to essentially agree with what I believe most players have said, making the Championship more than a shovefest within 1.5hrs is important.

The satellite structures in regular online and live tourneys never have had anything to do with what the final tourneys are structured.

Other than normal turbo tourneys, most larger buyin tourneys (online and live) have a bigger starting stack and longer blind levels.

I, along with a lot of people, have tried very hard over these past months to make this tourney so I hope this is not the same turbo style tourney.

I for one, think it is worth it to stay in a little longer on Saturday night to have a 1 in 86 chance to win $5000.

And to Rudys point about people thinking they are better and that is why they want the longer tourney, that is not true (at least of me).

I don't think I am better than a significant number of the top players that will be in the tourney but I know that if there is enough chips in play with enough blind level times to stretch it out a bit, I have a better chance to overcome bad luck against the lesser players and a better chance to have some good luck against the better players.

Cheers and good luck to all! And thanks a lot to SBR and dsi for putting this on for us!
    sounds good, but you can't have it both ways

ive had this argument on here a few times before, agree to disagree

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I would prefer blind structures stretched out a little, but whatever you guys decide is fine by me. Majority rules.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

lou thanks for opening this up to us at least seeking our input, im in the satellite tonight so theres a good chance i dont play saturday but ill still be interested to see what ends up happening none the less.

RudyRuetigger

25 still in out of 47, 1 hr 16mins in

yea, we really need a slower blind structure..thats the problem

lou, need to ban these fukks timing down..needs to be hand for hand near the cash

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17903

See below...

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17903

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I agree. Adding some more chips and an extra minute or two to the blind levels lends itself to more play, and should give an advantage to a better player. This is the SBR Poker Championship, we want the best of the best representing at that final table.

Agreed 100%

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    25 still in out of 47, 1 hr 16mins in

yea, we really need a slower blind structure..thats the problem

lou, need to ban these fukks timing down..needs to be hand for hand near the cash
    part 1 no

part 2 hell yes

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Need Hand for Hand definitley, and fix the bogus seat changes

I was big blind, moved to another table, and big blind very next hand.......Bogus Glitch that could really screw someone in a tourney like this

Luckily, I survived

Other than that, SBR Poker very solid and I will let you guys figure out the championship structure

RudyRuetigger

part 1 no

part 2 hell yes
    part 1 is sbr policy pal

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    part 1 is sbr policy pal
    prove it, ive seen guys time down in every tournament i ever played in, even the dailys on here. unenforceable completely.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

I think last year they banned some guy name saints or something like that for timing down every hand. I think his was every single hand from start to finish though

RudyRuetigger

i was talking with sbrjohn at the poker tables

he said if you see someone abusing all in disconnects or time downs, let a mod know

he also made a post or commented on a post about it. good luck finding his post, esp if it was an indirect reply without key words

prolly about 1 yr ago

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree. Adding some more chips and an extra minute or two to the blind levels lends itself to more play, and should give an advantage to a better player. This is the SBR Poker Championship, we want the best of the best representing at that final table.

this please. **** all these push-fold nits, they arent gonna play a hand without 99 or better anyway so why do they care what the blind levels are??

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Can't blame people for timing out when every other table is doing it with this much (relatively) at stake compared to other tourneys

Why not fix the root of the issue (hand for hand when close to bubble) before blaming the players that are simply trying to play on a fair playing field

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

For those of you in the SBR Poker Championship this Saturday, and the satellite hopefuls, what structure would you prefer?

We are thinking of going 5,000 chips with 10-minute blind levels.
    perfect structure for players with skil,
    your proposed structure akkiws beter play and less gambling.
    the all in after the 4 level of blinds was very anoing in the regular torunament.\
    allow more time and let players play skills as well as luck.
    best regards\
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-11-14 at 02:19 PM.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post

BD
    Would you be so kind as to give us a few examples.

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

5k 10 min levels

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

2500 to 3000 chips. Keep blinds as they are at 8 minutes. 86 players should still take ~3 to 4 hours with this structure.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

5k stack 10min. blinds sounds fine

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    BD
    Would you be so kind as to give us a few examples.
    LOL, no. Emily taps on the glass too much for my taste already...

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

5K is too much, it would encourage total nits, 3K would be better

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    In my opinion, that is an incorrect assumption. More chips means, more room to bet and make moves without crippling you. The smaller stacks encourage nits because it is basically push or fold strategy after a missed play or two or wen you get to blind level 3 or 4.

Worst case, people play more small ball style game, but that again puts about the same amount of chips in play but a smaller percentage of your stack per play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    If 5k does indeed "encourage nits", then just raise a lot more.

You'll get a ton of chips by A) Stealing and B) Getting lucky and hitting a big flop against a nit.

First 1234 Last