Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Playing suited connectors

Playing in the 7pm right now and have a question about a couple of hands just played.

1) UTG goes all in for 1600 pre flop with 33, a short stack calls for about 900 with KQ, then the Button, with about 3500 in his stack follows too... with 6d7d

(a 3 came to win it for UTG)

2) UTG allin for 1600 odd. Next seat with 2000 stack calls, with 2d3d (and loses)

In an earlier hand I was holding AK off but folded because 2 others had already pushed all in, and would have won it had I called.

I would not have even given consideration to calling an allin with the small suited connectors.

Am I under valuing them? Or just playing way too conservative maybe?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What were the blinds? Suited connectors are generally something you're playing implied odds with, not calling off your entire stack. Just a side effect of free poker.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Maybe its too obvious but pushing with them is much better. Otherwise calling with them really depends on the situation and stack size. If you are really short stacked, the positive thing about them is that you usually have two live cards.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

sbr poker suited connecters are same as pocket aces

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What were the blinds? Suited connectors are generally something you're playing implied odds with, not calling off your entire stack. Just a side effect of free poker.
    I think first one was 150/75 and 2nd 200/100

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Maybe its too obvious but pushing with them is much better. Otherwise calling with them really depends on the situation and stack size. If you are really short stacked, the positive thing about them is that you usually have two live cards.
    Thanks Beer, that makes sense.

Ramster
    Ramster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

IMO low card suited connectors are not a great play in any situation unless you are a Gus Hansen type lucktard. typically a guy with low stack all in you would expect at least mid to high card pair or face cards.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

2 awful calls IMO.

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    sbr poker suited connecters are same as pocket aces

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

like pocket connectors more than pocket aces cause u know how many times pocket aces get beat

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Personally I like J 3 not suited better than aces. You'd think suited would be better but you know often that gets beat!

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate suited connectors. They just cause chasing and half the times you actually hit your flush somebody has a bigger one anyways. There's absolutely no way I'd be calling somebody's preflop all in with that junk unless I was already in the blinds and I was to mathematically forced to make the call. (pusher next to no fold equity or the blind taking 1/3 or more of my stack)

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    I hate suited connectors. They just cause chasing and half the times you actually hit your flush somebody has a bigger one anyways. There's absolutely no way I'd be calling somebody's preflop all in with that junk unless I was already in the blinds and I was to mathematically forced to make the call. (pusher next to no fold equity or the blind taking 1/3 or more of my stack)

I've tried playing them a few times since starting this thread, and what you say has been my experience. Had 34 hit the flush, only to be beaten by some **** with the 5 and 8! Also lost one time when I hit a straight with them.

Only advantage for me is it gives me extra hands to play so I don't look so totally tight at the table.