RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Here is how to fix sbr poker tourneys

1. start blinds higher... 25/50 sounds good to me

2. lengthen levels

combining 1 and 2 will mean: still playability with more risk at the beginning and less at the end.

10/20 with 1800 is standard but common sbr needs to lead the charge on this one, thats 90 bbs. you can play ok with 36bbs. hell go look at the ring games, everyone sits with min buyins anyway.

this will cut the field quicker, but extend end game. this way i don't have to sit around for 1hr to make the money, but can play longer if im at final 5

3. cut the required time for action. just by counting i think its 20 seconds. cut it down to 10, with a 100 (or so) second time bank for important decisions*.. everyone gets distracted for 1 hand or so, might be a coincidence it happens on the bubble...if its shown for multiple bubble hands, cut time bank to 50 and then 2nd warning is 0.

* time bank explanation- I'm sure some know, but judging by the play, I'd assume most don't. so you start with 100 seconds each tourney. if you dont act in the required 10 seconds, your time bank is activated. if you make your play with 88 seconds left, you then have 88 seconds for the remainder of the tourney and so on.

4. i dont really have a problem with booting people that dont show up early enough but it seems the majority do so who am i to vote against it. personally i think it goes back to the etiquette rules, and you have an obligation to show up. it leads to really bad (or good) and unlucky (or lucky) table dynamics if i have 3 sit outs to my left with blinds 100/200 and the avg stack is 2700. but to each his own, if most want it to not auto boot then i guess it shouldnt.

I'm sure there are more but thats all i thought of now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daneblazer

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

agreed

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I also think the 5 minute break should not come until the final table is set in these tourneys. Just my opinion, but if I dont get there I'd prefer being ousted before a break. As soon as final table is set... Break time.