gwiz
    gwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

A weird hand

I was on the button with Black Queens and made it 21 to go

The small blind and four others call,so 6 way to the flop

The small blind leads DARK for 100,he is a competent loose gambler who likes to lead the action in focus mode.

The flop comes 10 8 2 two clubs,one player calls the 100 and it is my decision.

I just couldn't find a reason to fold in this spot,the caller was a rec. player and clearly not strong and the small blinds range fell into a medium pair type hand in my mind

I only had about 80 left so I went in.The river and turn were bricks and as the river is coming off with no action to come I call for a queen out loud.

The small blind looks at me with a puzzled look and flips over two Red queens.

This was the second day in a row that I have had the same pair as an opponent in a hand.

gwiz
    gwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Here is a question for anyone to take a shot at.

How do you balance the concept of building a pot with not giving your hand strength away?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Widen your pf raising range, show some bluffs, anything to give you the image of being a loose player. You generally don't want to be playing queens against 6 other players though.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I guess you have to ask yourself before you raised with your Queens: How many people are going to call this? If the history of the table shows that raising 21 means nothing, then you have to raise an amount that gets you heads up. There are plenty of guys (but hopefully only one at a time at this table) that will call with AJ, AQ, 10's on down. Like Dane said, being in a pot with 6 people holding QQ is rough, especially with your chip stack.

But of course raising so much will give your hand away .... by the sounds of it, though, your game is so loose that people are making bad calls pre-flop; so you can still get paid off by someone calling your big raise with A10 with that same board -10 8 2 - hitting.