horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

One of the best SBR poker tourneys

Today's 12 pm ... 108 minutes ... last 3 played for aprox. 20 mins ... congrats guys for a great game

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    Today's 12 pm ... 108 minutes ... last 3 played for aprox. 20 mins ... congrats guys for a great game
    LOL...thats how not to play a tourney.

The blinds are so high compared to chip stacks.

So many opportunities wasted.

Cant grasp a concept like "M" in a NLH tourney...and yet still allowed to post this...

Good lord

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    LOL...thats how not to play a tourney.

The blinds are so high compared to chip stacks.

So many opportunities wasted.

Cant grasp a concept like "M" in a NLH tourney...and yet still allowed to post this...

Good lord
    great comment from someone who did not watch the tournament ... I guess you had to say something, you were prob bored or something ...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Did not need to watch the tourney from your comment. 20 minutes three handed at that blind level with the stacks in play. Even if the tourney was full with 40+ players, the blinds escalate so fast in comparison to avg chip stacks.

So many blind verses blind all in push opps missed to steal the blinds.

Its just a matter of math. The math says push hard. Grandparents play slow this way.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

I will attempt to write out my point of view. Rip away anyone that agrees or disagrees.

1. For the daily tourneys on SBR, a players bankroll is near infinite. a. Its a freeroll. b. Its a freeroll that can be entered daily. Any worry of burning through a bankroll in regards to this series of tourneys has no bearing.

2. Playing tight at the final table has bearing at the start of the final table. Only 9 of 10 get paid. It only matters in reagrds to promotions that depend on points/# of cashes in a specific time frame. getting into the money only matter in this.

3. The payout structure from 8 to 5 is virtually the same. Finishing any one of these points is almost equal. Your goal is to get chips to get into that top 3.

4. How do you do that once from 8 players remaining? You steal blinds. You need to grap the antes/blinds more than just holding tight. As each player is eliminated, the looser your all in push pre flop hand requirements should be. You dont go crazy if you have to go thru the whole table but on the button fire away unless you know the person will properly call in one of the blinds.

5. Once you get to the final three the payouts are 270, 370 and 600 I think ( I may be off a little). Yes it would be nice to win. The math way to do this is to push at every opportunity you get Q8 or above preflop. With no bankroll to worry about, shove..shove ...shove is the only proper math way to go this late. This method will pay out more because others will fold more than they should creating positive ev in those situations. This equates to more betpoints for you.

So when you tell me that the final three people lasted 20 minutes, it is a stat. improbabilty that the button and the small blind keeps getting Q8 and below. Math says that pushes and calls should happen within 5 to 10 minutes if playing optimally. There was too cautious in terms of play if it lasted for 20 minutes.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

the guy was just saying he had fun and had a good tournament? I dont think he asked for a lesson on how to play.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    I will attempt to write out my point of view. Rip away anyone that agrees or disagrees. 1. For the daily tourneys on SBR, a players bankroll is near infinite. a. Its a freeroll. b. Its a freeroll that can be entered daily. Any worry of burning through a bankroll in regards to this series of tourneys has no bearing. 2. Playing tight at the final table has bearing at the start of the final table. Only 9 of 10 get paid. It only matters in reagrds to promotions that depend on points/# of cashes in a specific time frame. getting into the money only matter in this. 3. The payout structure from 8 to 5 is virtually the same. Finishing any one of these points is almost equal. Your goal is to get chips to get into that top 3. 4. How do you do that once from 8 players remaining? You steal blinds. You need to grap the antes/blinds more than just holding tight. As each player is eliminated, the looser your all in push pre flop hand requirements should be. You dont go crazy if you have to go thru the whole table but on the button fire away unless you know the person will properly call in one of the blinds. 5. Once you get to the final three the payouts are 270, 370 and 600 I think ( I may be off a little). Yes it would be nice to win. The math way to do this is to push at every opportunity you get Q8 or above preflop. With no bankroll to worry about, shove..shove ...shove is the only proper math way to go this late. This method will pay out more because others will fold more than they should creating positive ev in those situations. This equates to more betpoints for you. So when you tell me that the final three people lasted 20 minutes, it is a stat. improbabilty that the button and the small blind keeps getting Q8 and below. Math says that pushes and calls should happen within 5 to 10 minutes if playing optimally. There was too cautious in terms of play if it lasted for 20 minutes.
    you really are bored ... all 3 of us did what you said and there were quite of few turnovers, but the cards kept all of us in the game for 20 mins

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    the guy was just saying he had fun and had a good tournament? I dont think he asked for a lesson on how to play.
    Last edited by horja1; 02-07-12 at 03:40 AM.