70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i mentioned it (the idea of 2 US teams) back in the november/december thread when they were just figuring out the details but noone backed me, doubt they thought there was much support for it.
    Because US is so top heavy, I think they should set it up like the little league world series. Have a Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, & Southeast US team who play a separate tournament to determine which one will represent the US in the main world cup tournament.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    Because US is so top heavy, I think they should set it up like the little league world series. Have a Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, & Southeast US team who play a separate tournament to determine which one will represent the US in the main world cup tournament.
    i strongly disagree with that.

little league sets it up like that because they cant pay for oregon to fly to florida for 1 game in the "sweet 16" of the usa team so to speak...alot of times you have the best teams located in 1 region. due to cost/time they have to break them into regions instead of something similar to ncaa brackets. im sure if they had the resources necessary it would be similar to other sports
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 01-31-12 at 12:27 PM.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Correct, the cash was on 1/20/2012.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I don't see how that improves anything. Why should there be a second competition just to get in?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

here's a idea. Lets have a seperate tourney for the bubble boys. Maybe like top 40 or 50 in points for all countries after the 10 have been selected for the cup. it can be for say 1000 points for first and on down or however you want to do it. That way people that are say 20th in the u.s but would of made it in the others still get a chance to play for points. You would probably have more u.s players in this tourney but it would be rational compare to number or players and points. This way everyone is happy and people who just miss out on the 10 get a chance at something.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Back in contention

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

you fools act as if US players are better than the rest of the regions. what you do not understand is that the percentage of US players that make up sbr poker players is my guess at least 65 %. i mean even in the fukkin 4 am half the players are american ! so of course more americans will have more cashes than players on the world team which probably make up less than 10 % of sbr poker players.

the request for 2 us teams is valid but stop taking shots at the world team that "oh that guy on the world team only has 500 pts and is going to make it and me with 1500 is going to be left out " cuz that in no way makes you better for the reason stated in the first paragraph.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave Wulfman14 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    you fools act as if US players are better than the rest of the regions. what you do not understand is that the percentage of US players that make up sbr poker players is my guess at least 65 %. i mean even in the fukkin 4 am half the players are american ! so of course more americans will have more cashes than players on the world team which probably make up less than 10 % of sbr poker players.

the request for 2 us teams is valid but stop taking shots at the world team that "oh that guy on the world team only has 500 pts and is going to make it and me with 1500 is going to be left out " cuz that in no way makes you better for the reason stated in the first paragraph.
    You are a proven Champion my friend. All the best to you.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

All of a sudden, I cant win shit! Lost with pocket aces tonight versus jack-10.

Alot of people are catching up to me this week.

RudyRuetigger

that is wrong.

yes americans will have more winners....and more losers...variance aside, it is why the guy with 1500 points can be considered better than the guy with 500 at the end.

another way to look at it is, the american team will be top heavy, middle heavy AND bottom heavy. they have better overall and worse overall....because they have a huge % more overall.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what?

1500 is better than 500 no matter which way you slice. matter fact 1500 is better than 1000 also.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

no it is because of variance. if you have 10 players at a table all of relatively equal skill and 7 are american and 3 are world of course the 7 americans would be in the top 3 more times than the 3 world players.

it has nothing to do with you guys being better.

all the same i do agree there should be two US teams
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 02-01-12 at 01:01 AM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    You are a proven Champion my friend. All the best to you.
    all the best to you too bud.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

But you are forgetting that there are MANY, MANY Americans to divide up the pool.

Lets look at it this way. Everyday we have 7 tournaments averaging 40 players each. That is 280 players. Of those, it appears that only around 20 of those players are routinely from the WORLD. Only around 50 from Europe and maybe 70 from Canada. That would leave around 140 players for the USA. Sure it is easier for the US players to win more tournaments, but it not easier for the same US players to keep winning

jeffdane

no it is because of variance. if you have 10 players at a table all of relatively equal skill and 7 are american and 3 are world of course the 7 americans would be in the top 3 more times than the 3 world players.

10 kobstopa 595 3 World
    11 nosniboR11 1975 7 United States

if kobstopa lived in california would he have more than 595 points?

if nosnibo lived in japan would he have less than 1975 points?

if the challenge ended last saturday, which one of these players gets in and which one is out? keeping in mind that whoever gets in gets handed a lot of points(little bit of money).

jeffdane

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    But you are forgetting that there are MANY, MANY Americans to divide up the pool.

Lets look at it this way. Everyday we have 7 tournaments averaging 40 players each. That is 280 players. Of those, it appears that only around 20 of those players are routinely from the WORLD. Only around 50 from Europe and maybe 70 from Canada. That would leave around 140 players for the USA. Sure it is easier for the US players to win more tournaments, but it not easier for the same US players to keep winning
    haha, 20 players from the world. 50% are in. haha

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Correct me if I am wrong. I believe none of the players in the US team from the last year Ryder Cup is in the top 20 list for the coming event. To represent the US team, you need to be lucky. A lot of players went all-in pre-flop with a pocket pair, an Ace or a King. You call this 'poker skill'? To me, it is just a PK for luck.

You were lucky in January does not mean you would be lucky from February 4th to March 4, and March 5th to the March 22nd. Compare the list today with the team representing the US in March, more than half of the field would be replaced.

1500 is better than 500 poker points. Even if you won 1st place in every tourney you would have minimal edge in the world cup format after.

Team World will have the same chance to win as Team USA.

Do you need proof?

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post

oh this is true no doubt. and hats off to certain people that have over 2000 pts in cashes. but as you go down the list of americans there cashes are more due to variance then being better than the world players.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    10 kobstopa 595 3 World
    11 nosniboR11 1975 7 United States

if kobstopa lived in california would he have more than 595 points?

if nosnibo lived in japan would he have less than 1975 points?

if the challenge ended last saturday, which one of these players gets in and which one is out? keeping in mind that whoever gets in gets handed a lot of points(little bit of money).
    you are completely misunderstaning what i am saying. americans are more likely to cash simply because of their greater numbers. now the few americans that are cashing repeatedly and have over 2000 + may be more skilled but as you go down the list it is just variance that those guys have over 1000+ as opposed to my guys on the world team

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

good pt augustus also it is interesting to note that the world team has retained most of its members from last year ( thus far) while the americans have completely revamped their roster.

jeffdane

you are completely misunderstaning what i am saying. americans are more likely to cash simply because of their greater numbers. now the few americans that are cashing repeatedly and have over 2000 + may be more skilled but as you go down the list it is just variance that those guys have over 1000+ as opposed to my guys on the world team
    i think you are really overthinking this.

if you and i both play the 4am tourney each and every day and i have more points than you and you make your team and i dont make my team, variance has nothing to do with you getting in and me being left out.

if the top 20 players in the usa all lived in japan and they played each tourney they already played, they would still have the same points, and team world would not be a disgrace, and thats only adding 20 players to their team pool.

in fact the top 20 players would engulf team worlds entire roster. if we just put them on team world roster now, would they all of a sudden stop earning points? it doesnt matter where you live, we all have the same amount of chances, you cant argue that.

RudyRuetigger

as i said, it has everything to do with being better.

if you compared people with the worst finishes, it would mainly be americans, because it has to do with the sheer number of people.

just as in your example, if 10 people are at a table 7 americans and 3 world, ofcourse there are more likely to be more americans in the bottom 3

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. I believe none of the players in the US team from the last year Ryder Cup is in the top 20 list for the coming event. To represent the US team, you need to be lucky. A lot of players went all-in pre-flop with a pocket pair, an Ace or a King. You call this 'poker skill'? To me, it is just a PK for luck.

You were lucky in January does not mean you would be lucky from February 4th to March 4, and March 5th to the March 22nd. Compare the list today with the team representing the US in March, more than half of the field would be replaced.

1500 is better than 500 poker points. Even if you won 1st place in every tourney you would have minimal edge in the world cup format after.

Team World will have the same chance to win as Team USA.

Do you need proof?
    no clue what you are even trying to argue

good pt augustus also it is interesting to note that the world team has retained most of its members from last year ( thus far) while the americans have completely revamped their roster.
    they retained most of their members because you have a total of 16 guys that have EVER cashed in a tourney this year..this means that at most probably 20 are competing regularly. out of 20 guys TOTAL, id hope the same 10 would be close to making the team

pretty sure noone was ever putting down someone from Team World, they were just saying how minimal amount of people you have...whereas you just called us fools?

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post

i think you are really overthinking this.

if you and i both play the 4am tourney each and every day and i have more points than you and you make your team and i dont make my team, variance has nothing to do with you getting in and me being left out.

if the top 20 players in the usa all lived in japan and they played each tourney they already played, they would still have the same points, and team world would not be a disgrace, and thats only adding 20 players to their team pool.

in fact the top 20 players would engulf team worlds entire roster. if we just put them on team world roster now, would they all of a sudden stop earning points? it doesnt matter where you live, we all have the same amount of chances, you cant argue that.
    then you should move out of USA . katstale , glitch and panamabrad are all Americans .

if not , STFU and play your PS3 .

RudyRuetigger

Another way to think of it is like this. Lets say the top 10% of Team World and Team America are equally great.

There are only 20 people in the world, and 200 in america. While we have the same ratio, this means 2 on Team World are great, and 20 on Team USA are great.

You are trying to argue the top 50% of the world (top 10 in your standings) are just as good as the Top 10% of USA (top 20 in standings) which just isnt the case

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Buck i can't even place this week . Just went all in with aces vs 9's. Course flop comes 8 king 3 all hearts. Turn pairs the board with a 3 and the river of course another heart for the winner pockets 9's with a heart. When i run bad i run bad this is the week. Congrats to all that make the world cup teams.

yisman

How is this interesting? There are very few players from the world and a lot of Americans, as you said.

Given only 20 world players you'd expect to have mostly the same guys.

Given 150 Americans, it'd be some kind of miracle if the same guys were in position to make it.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

pretty sure noone was ever putting down someone from Team World, they were just saying how minimal amount of people you have...whereas you just called us fools?
    you really want me to go back in this thread and find where a few of you took shots at the world team ?

ok here are a couple below.

a person who hasn't even signed up yet is already tied 17th in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusB View Post
    Looks like this was the best week to date for Team USA players. I'm think I need tor evise my 10th place estimate up from 3300 to 3500 now.

World #1 wouldn't even be top 20 in USA.
    and oh no i said fool. quick call the cops!!
    variance is on your side right now and i salute you. but stop acting as if you are the king of poker. cuz i' ve had hot and cold streaks just like you. you don't have any amazing tricks up your sleeve i 've seen you play .

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

if anything team canada is the one to fear i think this year with al and beerdog at the helm. but either way based on ryder cup format all 4 teams pretty much have an equal chance at this.

yisman

you really want me to go back in this thread and find where a few of you took shots at the world team ?

variance is on your side right now and i salute you. but stop acting as if you are the king of poker. cuz i' ve had hot and cold streaks just like you. you don't have any amazing tricks up your sleeve i 've seen you play .
    That's taking a shot at the world? I guess the standings are, then, because those were just facts from the standings.

wtt0315

We should merge world and u.s and merge Canada and Europe and have 2 teams of 20

wtt0315

Or have 2 teams u.s and world should even out tr numbers top 30 of both

RudyRuetigger

in what you quoted, it wasn't taking shots at the world team, it was saying how not many people compete for a spot on team world.

also, i've said multiple times in multiple threads i am a loser at online poker and that i just hope to make the usa team and how variance was just on my side in the early weeks. not sure where you get the idea i think i act like a king of poker. im one of the few that regularly admit to losing money at poker and sports.

i am just pointing out how fukkin dumb your posts are..... (quick call the cops!!), i called your posts dumb)

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    That's taking a shot at the world? I guess the standings are, then, because those were just facts from the standings.
    exactly. at no point did anyone say team world sucks, and if they did it didn't come from me and/or i didn't see that post. it was only pointing out how little people they have playing.

i laid out a pretty good example, i thought anyway, as to why usa has more good players, and more bad players and instead of addressing it, he takes a shot at me.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

the prizes this year are quite bad , no more 5555 regular points ,you could end up with only 500 poker points .

so its no big loss .

First 12345 Last