The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Not as much interest in online poker now?

Just don't see the chat anymore like past. There were several conversations with worry over cheating on the forums and even on CBS 60 mins. Has the online poker boom seen it's best days at this point?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I think it is pretty close to peaking and won't grow a whole lot bigger. With all the talk of scandals etc, it is bound to slow down at least a bit. I still play just as much as I did 4 years ago. But even credit card companies are cutting down and not allowing deposits on poker/gambling sites anymore. My bank issued ********** will not work anymore so I'm forced to deposit using prepaid cards now.

Scratch
    Update your status
    Scratch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7292

Online poker is still growing globally, especially in Asia and Russia, and remains strong in Europe. It dropped off domestically after many sites banned US players after the UIGEA passed in 2006. That scared off the casual players and curiosity seekers. If this law is ever abolished or modified, the interest will pick up again. Anyway, I think it's safe to say poker will always have an online presence and a certain level of interest.